TMP IRON MAN - New Photos Feb 2011. Page 72.

Re: TMP Iron Man. April 2010, New chest, midsection and upper legs.

Well I gotta say that I am GUTTED!!! having followed this thread from the start and seeing this concept go from strength to strength and seeing the following it and TMP has, to now see that the mk3 version iron man suit won't be available to purchase?!, so from what I can gather no suits at all then?

You and john have real talents there, why should you stop now?! I am a member of a uk based carity group who raise funds in various sci fi costumes, we don't get paid for our time, we do it for the love of costuming and fundraising for needy charities and I was interested in a purchase ( sorry if I'm off topic here guys ) for the group and for future fundraising events for various charities.

Well, looking forward to seeing this Iron man grow from strength to strength, good luck guys and all the best!

Spidey, to add to what TMP is saying about the paints.... the quick version is that TMP used UK based auto spraypaints that you can't get in the U.S. Some of us have had fellow RPFers that live in the UK check with their postal service and they are not allowed to mail those paints here to the U.S. Similar shades have gotten custom mixed by a couple American costumers, but not 'exactly'.

The paint TMP used is very strange, indeed. In different lighting sources the red appears to be completely different shades. I've even personally compared my own TMP suit to another TMP suit in person and the other suit had their red color being a whole lot darker than the red on my own suit. It's quite weird.

Your indeed correct. The paint on variouse suits have changed over time, we also experienced with different base colors from light to darker to get an effect of color alterations in variouse lighting effect to get a deeper and richer color. Most of the suits now end up with fairly identical ressults. Before it was a bit more variations. Also back when we used gloss finish. The gloss finish looked like candy toy when it was clean... reffering all the way back to the prototype.
ironmancostume2.jpg
ironmancostume3.jpg

ironmancostume6.jpg
ironmancostume7.jpg

But if the gloss finish was dirtied up, added scuffmarks and scrubbing, weathering the gloss finish it looked pretty good. Here is a photo of the 1st Battledamaged prototype back in may 2008:
n529327813_1895587_6585.jpg
n529327813_1895585_6217.jpg

The color of this is totaly different from later versions.
n529327813_1895583_5848.jpg
n529327813_1895578_4819.jpg

Now looking at that suit.... That brings back memories... That suit was sculpted and finished prior to the movie release of Ironman movie world premiere... Pretty satisfied with the little reffrence we had to come to that ressult.

Then fall 2008 we sculpted this:
n529327813_2154154_1554.jpg
n529327813_2154155_1745.jpg

Then winter 2008 if i am not mistaken..
Ironman_Mark2_Inndoor5.jpg
TMPIronmanarmorcostumeMark2Comp.jpg

Spring of 2009....
TMPIRONMANNEWSCULPT2.jpg
ironmanlatejuly001.jpg

Summer
Ironmansept09013.jpg
Ironmansept09011.jpg

P1050288.jpg

Then early 2010
CIMG4379.jpg
CIMG4375.jpg

CIMG4354.jpg

6.png
9.png

CIMG4463.jpg

Now the NEW changes and improvements......
New smaller and redetailed chest. Better fit arround the chest.
24728_418523057813_529327813_5613912_1454825_n.jpg

24728_418523062813_529327813_5613913_570063_n.jpg

New Upper legs smaller than the older ones that was to wide.
The new legs smaller and are closer to the 1st and 2nd generation sizes.
Here you se comparisson with the Generation 3.V1. to the left and the New improved lets call it Generation 3.V2. to the Right. As you se its a big difference in size.
24728_418523067813_529327813_5613914_2127316_n.jpg

24728_418523077813_529327813_5613916_2137298_n.jpg

24728_418523072813_529327813_5613915_5385824_n.jpg

Last edited:

The smaller chest intrigues me the most, since I'm a really skinny guy. My legs fit really well actually, just the chest is massive on me. :lol

You must be joking right?:lol

This is the only PM i have recived from you:

04-11-2010
Paint, and finish color used.
08:44 AM SpideyFett

That was yesterday.... :lol

If someone have shared anything about this suit, then i belive this topic that has 61 pages and been read over 260.000 times and with countless of pages to give you enought reading material from the start to finish. I think we shared about everything.
Probably it will give you reply to everything you need to know, as for instance to your last question in regards of color and paint.
But to help you out in the direction, most of is written here: http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=34519&page=36
Hope it helps :)

Actually I wasn't joking... it probably would have been easier for you to simply reply to my PM, No?? I mean if you even search for "TMP" you get like 20 different threads of you posting the same stuff/ pics of your suit over and over again.... and really a response in pm, is it reeeeally that hard??... and I did PM you with the same question on TheDentedHelmet months earlier, so that's twice with no response... yet another forum where you posted your Ironman suit.

But then again I just gave you another oppertunity to post your costume once again...and you did, again....so you're welcome. ;)

Thanks for the reply... I think?:rolleyes

Last edited:

I've sent you at least one or two pm's with Questions about your suit...

Are you just not going to share any info on details of your work???

:confused

You must be joking right?:lol

This is the only PM i have recived from you:

04-11-2010
Paint, and finish color used.
08:44 AM SpideyFett

That was yesterday.... :lol

If someone have shared anything about this suit, then i belive this topic that has 61 pages and been read over 260.000 times and with countless of pages to give you enought reading material from the start to finish. I think we shared about everything.
Probably it will give you reply to everything you need to know, as for instance to your last question in regards of color and paint.
But to help you out in the direction, most of is written here: http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=34519&page=36
Hope it helps :)

Actually I wasn't joking... it probably would have been easier for you to simply reply to my PM, No?? I mean if you even search for "TMP" you get like 20 different threads of you posting the same stuff/ pics of your suit over and over again.... and really a response in pm, is it reeeeally that hard??... and I did PM you with the same question on TheDentedHelmet months earlier, so that's twice with no response... yet another forum where you posted your Ironman suit.

But then again I just gave you another oppertunity to post your costume once again...and you did, again....so you're welcome. ;)

Thanks for the reply... I think?:rolleyes

As a father of two children it sounds like i am dealing with spoiled teenager. If you are, you're exused. If not here is my constructive advice;
You should learn some manners.

You complained about me not sharing info & replying in the tread, before I even had a chance to read your PM.
It was aprox 24 hours in between your question and my reply on the forum. Now you complain about me sharing photo reffrence of paint and versions over time.

I will give you a good advice:
EXPERIMENT & USE YOUR OWN CREATIVITY!
You might end up getting it better than we did. But dont demand people to share knowlege...
In most trades there trade secrets. We or anyone here ownes you nothing. So beeing humble might be something to try out.

Last edited:

As a father of two children it sounds like i am dealing with spoiled teenager. If you are, you're exused. If not here is my constructive advice;

You complained about me not sharing info & replying in the tread, before I even had a chance to read your PM.
It was aprox 24 hours in between your question and my reply on the forum. Now you complain about me sharing photo reffrence of paint and versions over time.

You might end up getting it better than we did. But dont demand people to share knowlege...
In most trades there trade secrets. We or anyone here ownes you nothing. So beeing humble might be something to try out.

:lol Nicely put TMP, i think the term used in this case is "OWNED"

First you "Share", and now you have "trade secrets"?? Which is it?

And that's pretty much the response I thought I would get from you.. more so now that I've seen the way you post in other peoples Ironman's threads..posting as if you own the Ironman hobby.. :rolleyes

Pretty typical.. and sad really, especially knowing how you started your suit, and how it's progressed etc.
Humble? I think you need to take your own advice IMO. Looks like that's not the only thing that's progressed.

Cause "what paint colors did you use?" is a pretty easy question, no?.. no "trade secrects" there? Again unfortunate.

Thanks TMP...:lol

I'd respond the same way if someone were badgering me, to be honest. Though, I might not be so nice about it. :)

It's been posted before that he uses automobile paints that are very, very specific to where he lives. It's also been established that not even his own paint jobs are consistent from one suit to another.

Good luck with experimenting with your own paints, I'm sure yours will turn out fantastic as well!

Thanks for the support guys. I gladly assist and reply when i can. :)

Spideyfett.
I just dont know were your frustration comes from, and i dont need a reply for your reasons either. :confused However if you want help from people I do advice to be a bit more patient and polite in the way you ask, or in this case i felt you requested it. :confused

I wish you the best of luck on your own project and hope that the reffrence provided will aid and guide you on your way. Good luck:thumbsup

Take the time to read what TMP wrote again regarding sharing:

"But dont demand people to share knowlege...
In most trades there trade secrets."

He has shared a ton if you take the time to look.

And that's pretty much the response I thought I would get from you.. more so now that I've seen the way you post in other peoples Ironman's threads..posting as if you own the Ironman hobby.. :rolleyes

Pretty typical.. and sad really, especially knowing how you started your suit, and how it's progressed etc.
Humble? I think you need to take your own advice IMO. Looks like that's not the only thing that's progressed.

Cause "what paint colors did you use?" is a pretty easy question, no?.. no "trade secrects" there? Again unfortunate.

SpideyFett I'd quit trolling before you find the mods crack down. Your responses are pretty immature in that you are impatient and rude. You're dealing with a respected member here and you are forgetting that it is not his prerogative to answer every little question that he gets, especially since he has several threads that would answer your every single question in detail which he himself linked you to.
The fact that you're complaining about his response shows you are also immature in that you aren't willing to dig and search on your own and are only ready for an easy answer and will complain if it is otherwise.

TMP, I noticed when people bait you you DO have a tendency to bite. You do it in a 'professional' manner sure, and you're getting better about it.
Just don't give in to the "troll". :)

SpideyFett,impatient, yea. Trolling no. You can voice that someone rubbed you the wrong way, right or wrong, and not be trolling. Even when you're "dealing with a respected member".

TMP, The new legs look great by the way.

Sorry to get off topic, but with the "new" improvements with your IM John will these suits be offered once again? Or is this a never ending project. I know there are others that have created or are creating there own versions of IM, but your suit is by far the most realistic movie version out there! For God's sakes you are the only one who makes a "neckseal" with yours. Keep us posted either way. Incredible talent as always.

I am sorry but we wont be offering Ironman suits even of newer design.

Next project will be a Armored version with similar atributes as superhero carracter have.

Its allot of Ironman stuff happening and I just joined the NEW IRONMAN BUILDERS BOARD it is called SIWDAT Stark Industy weapons development and armor tecnology. http://siwdat.com/forum/

I plan to make the full history of the making of there. I wll sum up all and add photo caption and reffrences from days back. Some new never seen photos some forgotten and some memorable. I gotten recently complaints about me not replying to people in pm on variouse forums, and i can partially understand that, because of the fact its allot of variouse forums with variouse intrest. So this new forum is perfect IM builders, fans and general intrest.

I am hopeing this will be for us Ironman fans The site as The Dented Helmet is for Boba Fett Fans.

I used a different red instead and I think it really is close to the original.
The Red is a NISSAN MERLOT RED, now known as: NISSAN ROMA RED.

DSC_0832.jpg

It's the same red used on some of the paint tries as shown in the Art of Iron Man book.

So people, you might want to try that too ;)
For the gold, I just used a regular gold spray can.
Hope it helps ;)

I've just registered and I saw this thread. Didn't have time to read it all, but I have to bow to your incredibile skills! Simply outstanding! I will read the thread to catch all the significant info you dropped in there. Congratulations on such a top notch product!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back