T'is the season! Luke's Holiday Special lightsaber!

Unless further reference pictures surface, this is as good as it can get IMHO...well done

The big question is, WTF is the real world item???

Anyway, IN for a kit of this updated box...pretty please :)

Unless further reference pictures surface, this is as good as it can get IMHO...well done

The big question is, WTF is the real world item???

Anyway, IN for a kit of this updated box...pretty please :)

Trent and I have been talking about the real world item.. from a vintage toy, to European light wall switch..

But now with his newest model he’s come up with a genius theory. And I’m pretty positive that’s it. Still hunting now. But I’ll let him come forward with what he thinks it is

My main issues are
A. What does the top look like? Is it a square pocket with some sort of switch inside? Some images look like a cylindrical "roller" switch. Some look empty, and some look like there's nothing there at all.
B. What is the shape of the center "peninsulas". Are they vertical? Chamfered? Rounded? If Chamfered, how much?

Here’s an updated print. I think it’s very close now. I thinned out the pyramid and changes the chamfer angles
I’ll paint and apply decals today.

72640A2D-C1B1-4F87-9E55-05A2F31FC260.jpeg
25AFB691-92F6-4DD3-87FD-FFADBD374435.jpeg
5B38FCA5-DCCA-40BB-87BE-FFE15690C7CE.jpeg
182C8216-BAAB-42D6-B458-D7883DBB4521.jpeg

Your geometry looks very good, IMO.

I think whatever is at the center of the box is flush w/ the top of it;
I don't think it extends above it, FWIW

Whatever you come up with I'd like to buy one:)

If you do a kit with decals, would ARROWS be a possibility?

I cut mine out as stencils, by hand, and they were so small it was a complete nightmare I don't want to go through again.

Any tips on the emitter end? Or endcap?

If I'm going to commit to this, I'll need a lit of help.

Yes, it includes the arrows ;)

Awesome...

Though my initial thoughts were to keep my original together, and just make a MORE accurate one...

But how many holiday lightsabers does one need? (some would argue ZERO. ZERO ARE NEEDED)

I just thought about cutting that shroud again... nah... I'll just upgrade the one I have now.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back