T'is the season! Luke's Holiday Special lightsaber!

Except if the image is flipped, it would be the same side we always see-- so it's different or covered.

I don't buy it being something asymmetrical. That juts hurts my brain/OCD.

Sorry gang, had to wait for my lunch break and WiFi spot

BF346E7C-D015-4590-A1D9-1C746039CDE9.jpeg
04C79A37-D44A-47F6-9446-08ED1B2038B4.jpeg
AFE07CC7-95D3-4DC0-9C20-1DD9960AAE45.jpeg
9EFD2BC2-EE91-477D-9626-F94642949F42.jpeg

943A5D06-2368-453C-9F67-153644F242D0.jpeg

This all looks like the same box to me?

I still can’t see the flipped item that everyone is talking about

Follow the location of the black arrows under the rectangle slots, and the big red light. Every pic I’ve seen they are in the correct orientation? What am I missing here?

This pic-- I just don't see it being the same piece-- but it could be me,

Attachments

• 9EFD2BC2-EE91-477D-9626-F94642949F42.jpeg
    9EFD2BC2-EE91-477D-9626-F94642949F42.jpeg
    67.4 KB · Views: 121
This pic-- I just don't see it being the same piece-- but it could be me,

I thought that was the one, it does look smaller but I think it’s the angle

I can still see the same heatsink on top, and the rail edges. But why is the side all weathered in black?!

We know after this on the ESB set that side of the box is clean

Another thing is the t track... it looks like the spray painted the bottom of the flash black, then attached the track. Luke’s has silver spaces in between only a few track

Luke’s ESB stunt double seems to have a complete black paint job

B8AD5B74-7F60-44ED-B89B-F4B6E2584A93.jpeg

504F7464-B314-4F3B-B011-4071C1565777.jpeg

Is it possible we don’t have 2 different boxes... but 2 different dang sabers...

I still can’t see the flipped item that everyone is talking about

Follow the location of the black arrows under the rectangle slots, and the big red light. Every pic I’ve seen they are in the correct orientation? What am I missing here?

Your right. I had a brain fart. Its all the same orientation.

Also wheres the pointy bit on the emitter? Did they cut that piece off for ESB?

Attachments

• 8AEEAE96-7ECC-4D22-92D3-9E26E482624B.jpeg
    8AEEAE96-7ECC-4D22-92D3-9E26E482624B.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 181
I don’t have any photo editing programs, can someone cut/rotate the box out of this photo and put it next to the ESB photo?
59249197-E6CD-4678-BAD1-C1F8D8A4C5B4.jpeg
C250B870-28A5-4FF5-A0FA-BDFA6E4EE42B.jpeg

That yourprops pics makes me re-evaluate my tape idea. You can just about see the "button" on the top.
I wonder if that's just styrene they wrapped the saber with just under the box.

here, you cant see the top of the box in the top pic. Only the lower part that wraps around the saber and the side of the box with the triangles.

Untitled4.png

It's just that ONE pic, and we don't know when it was taken. If it was a promo shot done ahead of shooting the HS, then the box was changed for whatever reason, it would be the same for onscreen during the HS and the ESB insert.

I cannot accept there was two of these abominations in existence!

It's just that ONE pic, and we don't know when it was taken. If it was a promo shot done ahead of shooting the HS, then the box was changed for whatever reason, it would be the same for onscreen during the HS and the ESB insert.

I cannot accept there was two of these abominations in existence!

LOL I can agree with ya, if that was shot before the rest totally!

It could have just been modded. Kinda like how we only ever see the ISYHCANL box in that scene only. Every other instance of the hero Luke ROTJ saber has the cave-build box.

So, I missed this during my first flip through of the new archives book, but apparently the Holiday saber was also an ESB saber. It was used in an insert where Luke unclips himself from the cable while hanging under the AT-AT. You can’t see it onscreen, but it’s there as a confirmed ESB production used belt hanger!

Oh no. Now I have to care about this thing. Why? Why couldn't I have gone on with my life, pretending it didn't exist?

Have y'all taken a look at kurtyboy's build from a while back? Not sure what he used for his control box, I'd have to go sift through that enormous thread of his, but it's a really great looking replica!

I'm glad I haven't done anything with the Graflite (I think it's even one of the older ones because it actually says Graflex) I've saved for this for all these years!

I saved all kurtboys pictures and view them on my phone daily lol He scratch made his

I got something in the works... I can’t go into too much detail until after the holiday...

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back