T'is the season! Luke's Holiday Special lightsaber!

I see a completely different box on some of the HS pics. I think the thing changed along the way.

I did the same thing as Odi Wan, came across the same circuit breakers I found when looking for the ROTJ Vader control box.

I did the same thing as Odi Wan, came across the same circuit breakers I found when looking for the ROTJ Vader control box.

You found this exact circuit breaker for the HS saber?! I’ve been looking for 2 days, any advice on what words you used?!

I’ve gotten close with Siemens breakers and wadsworth, but nothing dead on yet..

I see a completely different box on some of the HS pics. I think the thing changed along the way.

Seth are you seeing a different box? Or I think both sides of the box are different, there is a smooth side. And the other aide which seems more dirty. The dirty side looks weird, and most likely where the wires can be stabbed in? No idea though..

You found this exact circuit breaker for the HS saber?! I’ve been looking for 2 days, any advice on what words you used?!

I’ve gotten close with Siemens breakers and wadsworth, but nothing dead on yet..

oh, I meant I ended up with the same results looking for this part! I was like, "hey I've been here before... and I got frustrated last time"

As for vocab words - I used Breaker, Fuse Holder, Push button breaker, aircraft, two pole, in line switch, rocker, etc.

Seth are you seeing a different box? Or I think both sides of the box are different, there is a smooth side. And the other aide which seems more dirty. The dirty side looks weird, and most likely where the wires can be stabbed in? No idea though..

Compare the new pic we have from the archives to the top left one on the pic attached. The box is different, and unless the image is flipped, on the wrong side I think?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-12-17 at 9.20.47 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-12-17 at 9.20.47 PM.png
    409.6 KB · Views: 246
And this one looks like the lower part of the box is the same, but the top has something different slapped on, as Zombie Killer's diagram shows.

Attachments

• holspesab.jpg
    holspesab.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 216
Compare the new pic we have from the archives to the top left one on the pic attached. The box is different, and unless the image is flipped, on the wrong side I think?
The picture is flipped I think, the holes on the flash are also reflected onto the wrong side.

Attachments

• HS edit.png
    HS edit.png
    410.3 KB · Views: 133
There is a lot of that image flipping in the star wars universe. I see it all the time. Someone loaded the fillm slide/negative in backwards. Easy to do and a common occurrence in the days of film.

This is a loaded question, but has anyone tried taking screen-caps from the actual Holiday Special that might show the top of the control box ?

To me. Before this new picture surfaced I thought there was a heat sink on the top. This is judging by the ANH promo pictures...

Now with this new picture of it on ESB set I wonder if the original heatsink/greeblie fell off?

04F82804-82A1-4888-B4C0-49897140A0AD.jpeg

I emailed you a breakdown of this new pic.
The picture is flipped I think, the holes on the flash are also reflected onto the wrong side.

Flipped yes, but the box is still totally different.

halliwax, I think it did fall off.

Last edited:
Seth can you show me what your talking about with the 2 different boxes?

The upper left pic of the attachment in post 89. The box looks narrower and smooth on top, as if whatever was there was missing. The side doesn't have the white triangular shapes.

The upper left pic of the attachment in post 89. The box looks narrower and smooth on top, as if whatever was there was missing. The side doesn't have the white triangular shapes.
It think the box is just uneven, like the side with the triangles is taller than the other plain, black side. On the big picture in the bottom right the curve on the box looks slanted, like the sides are different heights.

Its just poor lighting. If you blow up that pic you can still see the triangle silver sections. They may have had a piece of black tape or something covering the silver center "button" we see in the ESB pic.
Untitled3.png

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back