Tie Fighter Parts

Baruopa

Interested in scratch building a studio scale hero Tie Fighter from ANH, but I can't seem to find any comprehensive parts listings. There's a fantastic thread I've seen on here that maps out every known piece from its respective kit for the Red Jammer Y-Wing. Was wondering if anyone had something like that for the Tie Fighter, or if someone could provide me with the accurate information I'd be more than happy to put one together myself. Thank you.

Joewhite has created a comprehensive parts map. It’s on studioscalemodellers.com. I believe you still have to request membership, since as a guest you can’t see the contents of the reference material section (and maybe other areas). You can see a snippet of the parts map on post 15 of the TIE Advanced build log here.

The wings are very hard to build correctly due to the dependency on Koolshade which is the ribbed material in the panels. There is some still around, but it’s hard to find and I’ve never seen an alternative look close to the original. See this thread for more detail.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back