This guy would make a good modern day Captain Kirk if they were ever to do a remake for Star Trek TOS

PicasoX

Sr Member
I never relised how much Thomas Jane "Miller from the Expance" looks like young William Shatner until I saw this picture. I had to do a double take to make sure t wasn't actually William Shatner.
AA1aV2Y6.jpg

Apparently a former vampire makes a good Kirk.......
There is no replacing Kirk. I hate reboots and recasting in general but the sheer ***king hubris of the Kurtzman gang to try and reboot Kirk takes things to another level.
None of these shows needed to be made, Disco. Strange New Worlds etc. Not to mention a Section 31 TV special or an Academy series. Don't get me started on Chabon's deliberate character assasination of Picard. Star Trek has been an absolute mess since the reboots in 2009.

I popped in this thread out of morbid curiosity and boy is this exactly the thread it was always going to be. :lol:

Also, I don't know that Thomas Jane is that young anymore. He's a fine actor and I've liked him in everything I've seen him in. He would do a perfectly fine middle aged Kirk.

Google says Thomas Jane is 54yo now.

I wanna see a new version of TOS where Shatner is replaced with 1980s David Hasselhoff. Come on deepfakers, make it happen.

Last edited:
In certain shots and in certain lighting, he was a dead ringer for him. Even his exercise regimen to get that 60's Shat bod, produced only by lifting weights and eating lots of sandwiches.
More than that, Vic studied Shatner's acting precisely. I don't necessarily share the fact he was a 'dead ringer' for his facial features, but his acting was totally Shatner. I would have loved a new ST series if he was in it. All the actors on ST Continues, really did an amazing job.

TazMan2000

I'm undecided, haven't seen enough of this new guy in action. I know there is no replacing Shatner but they could have done better. If he turns out to be a bad ass, and suave with the green ladies I may change my mind. I like the SNW kirk better than the Star Trek Continues guy though, as far as Kirkness.

More than that, Vic studied Shatner's acting precisely. I don't necessarily share the fact he was a 'dead ringer' for his facial features, but his acting was totally Shatner. I would have loved a new ST series if he was in it. All the actors on ST Continues, really did an amazing job.

TazMan2000

While his physicality was right, his voice was far too nasally to match Shatner’s Kirk.

One thing that never seems to get mentioned is the rich sound of the voices of the actors from classic Star Trek. No modern version captures it….perhaps it was the unfiltered cigarette smoking of the era…

While his physicality was right, his voice was far too nasally to match Shatner’s Kirk.

One thing that never seems to get mentioned is the rich sound of the voices of the actors from classic Star Trek. No modern version captures it….perhaps it was the unfiltered cigarette smoking of the era…

Vic's voice isn't nasal although it is higher pitched. Does anybody sound like Shatner? I think he had a distinctive voice. If you by chance find a guy that sounds like him, you most likely wouldn't find someone who would act like him.

TazMan2000

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back