The worst movies you've ever seen?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Movie Talk' started by Flecktarn92, Jan 17, 2012.

1. Flecktarn92

Flecktarn92 Active Member

I don't know if this is a thread already. Anyway in your opinion what do you think is the worse movie you've ever seen. It can be for any reason, anything at all.

I can't think of the worst movie but I'll start off with one that is in my list of movies I consider awful:

Cobra with Sylvester Stallone.

The only other time I would watch it would be with my friends to make fun of it.

2. Jannix Quinn

Jannix Quinn Sr Member

It's already a thread, and it's still Master & Commander Far Side of the World.

3. StevenRogers84

StevenRogers84 Sr Member

Possibly Green Lantern...,but the ogre is pretty horrible.

4. ralphee

ralphee Sr Member

Apollo 18, painful to watch, enough with the "found footage" crud already.

Lee

5. JD

JD Master Member

Natural Born Killers was hands down the worst movie I've paid to see in a theater. House of Thousand Corpses a close second.

Most Christopher Nolan films - while not the worst - are still dramatically overrated.

6. JD

JD Master Member

I dug it. Wasn't great, but there was enough there to have fun with.

But, I usually dig the faux-doc thing.

7. StevenRogers84

StevenRogers84 Sr Member

I love NBK give it another shot! Then another! Great movie!:lol

8. Maelstrom

Maelstrom Sr Member

[​IMG]

The worst piece of drek ever dreamed of. A waste of time and film.

9. Zombie_61

Zombie_61 Master Member

I've seen more than my fair share of bad movies, but these two come to mind for the worst:

The Black Dahlia (2006). Brian De Palma apparently spent so much time making sure it looked like a Brain De Palma movie that he forgot about telling a coherent story.

Surf II: The End of the Trilogy (1984). Mind you, there was no Surf I, and the attempt at a clever name was the most interesting thing about this steaming *. This is the benchmark to which all other bad movies should be measured, as in "Well, it was bad, but it wasn't Surf II."

10. Rylo

Rylo Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Punch Drunk love. It angered me it was so bad.

-Rylo

fifthrider likes this.
  11. MFP 2020

MFP 2020 Sr Member

Color of Night. I swear it must be four hours long because I tried to sleep through it (in the theater) and every time I woke up it was still going.

Concur with The Black Dahlia. It looked like a Brian De Palma TV movie.

12. Contec

Contec Master Member

Manos the hands of fate

13. Shadow345

Shadow345 Well-Known Member

The Mummy 3: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor (Only movie I actually felt like walking out of)

Dragonball Evolution (This was so bad it made M.nights questionable effort on The Last Airbender look like Citizen Kane)

Jaws: The Revenge (How did the greatest film of all time get a sequel this bad)

14. SSgt Burton

SSgt Burton Sr Member

Big budget- "Terminator Salvation"

Mediocre budget- "Starship Troopers 2"

No budget- "Things" (straight to video "horror" film in the 80s... I've seen fanmade films that were better.)

Kevin

15. Angelus Lupus

Angelus Lupus Sr Member

16. TheDoctor

TheDoctor Sr Member

Battlefield Earth. And Avatar.

joshvanrad likes this.
  17. Vermithrax 4

Vermithrax 4 Well-Known Member

Marley & Me
    50 First Dates
    Marmaduke
    Hotel for Dogs
    Alvin and the ****ing Chipmunks

(Yes, I have kids)

Casper
    The Mirror Has Two Faces
    Gone With The Wind
    Phantom Menace
    Planet of Dinosaurs
    Batman Returns
    Star Trek V
    Independence Day
    ARMA'****ING'GEDDON!!!!!

18. JoMamma_Smurf

JoMamma_Smurf Master Member

OMG Dragonball Evolution was complete ****!! I LOVE the Dragonball and DBZ series (GT was crap) and the movie was also.... complete crap.

19. Stansfield

Stansfield Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

The Devil Inside

and a movie so bad it's good (which does that disqualify it?)....

The Room

20. Durrett

Durrett Active Member

Skyline was so bad it fills all five slots of my top five worst movies ever. I would try to kill the memory of it with a Q-tip, but that might mean I would end up seeing it again.

21. Clutch

Clutch Master Member

Metalstorm: The Destruction of Jared-Syn.

22. Mola Rob

Mola Rob Sr Member

But it was in 3D so it must be good! :lol

23. VelaNoon

VelaNoon Active Member

In The Name Of The King by M. Night Shubadoo or whatever.

24. mmarlon brando

mmarlon brando Active Member

Hostel 2 was terrible. I loved the first, was suckered into the sequel. Thankfully, Regal refunded my cash. Same goes for any of the Blade films.

25. aeonpulse

aeonpulse Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I'm pretty sure that was an Uwe Boll movie. I'm pretty sure that guy only makes crappy movies.

26. 0neiros

0neiros Master Member

Highlander the source
    a sad sad end to the downward spiral. The performances by people you know can act were phoned in.

Any and ALL Uwe Boll movies. Someone needs to blind him with acid.

27. aeonpulse

aeonpulse Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

[​IMG]
    Not even watchable in that "so bad it's hilarious" kind of way. It's just awful. Definitely the worst movie I ever paid to see.

This, and Twilight.

28. VelaNoon

VelaNoon Active Member

Ah yes, I remember now. I'm glad that I have never seen any of his other movies.

29. redbouche

redbouche Member

Hope Floats. Honestly I can't even remember the plot, it's been so long. But remember at the time, it was like getting stabbed with stupid. If stupid was sharp...and looked like Sandy Bullock. And agreed, Skyline was epicly bad.

30. JPolacchi

JPolacchi Sr Member

Skyline
    District 9
    Star Wars Phanton Menace
    Star Wars Attack of the Clones
    Star Wars Revenge of the Sith
    Drive Angry (plus several other Nicholas Cage films)
    Smok'n Aces
    Smok'n Aces 2
    Star Trek V The Final Frontier
    Crank
    Crank 2
    All the "Scream" films
    All the "I know what you did last summer" films
    All the "Final Destination" films
    A string of other really crappy slasher films and/or remakes
    Wolverine
    X-Men First Class the only thing about X-Men First Class I liked was Hugh Jackman's Wolverine cameo
    every M. Knight Shamalama Ding-Dong film made after "The Sixth Sense", the only film he made I liked.

There's more, but I can't think of the rest of them right now...

Last edited: Jan 18, 2012
  31. Lutso

Lutso Sr Member

I second the nomination for District 9...not the worst movie I've seen by any stretch, but definitely the biggest disappointment.

Personally I gotta vote for High Plains Drifter. I've loved virtually every Clint-directed movie ever...and love most Clint-starring movies as well...I expected to like it...I hoped to like it...I was told I'd like it...

Let me go vomit.

32. crabra comander

crabra comander Sr Member

My these are horrible movies....here:

Pootie Tang, Night of the Living Dead 3D, Dragonball Z(OK it sucks).

33. hankey01

hankey01 Sr Member

Transformers Dark Side of the Moon. I went to a drive in to see a movie with my boys while away on holidays..and this was playing. For the experience we went but MAN that was 2 long cold hours of pure hell. I was committed to watching the film but I just sat there feeling violated by EVERYTHING on screen. I could NOT follow the story because I felt violated every time I tried to listen to the dialogue.

34. Jet Beetle

Jet Beetle Sr Member Gone but not forgotten.

The Neverending Story (sorry all you rock eater lovers)
    Juno (male bashing garbage)
    JJ Trek
    Blair Witch 1 & 2
    Godzilla (the Dean Devlin Roland Emmerick pos)
    Alien 3 & 4 and the Aliens vs Predator movies
    The Phantom Menace

There's so many more but time has been kind enough to wipe them from memory.

35. Jet Beetle

Jet Beetle Sr Member Gone but not forgotten.

No way! Pootie Tang ROCKS! Kappa Chow

36. PHArchivist

PHArchivist Master Member

These threads really need to be called what they are (or turn out to be):

MOVIES YOU THINK SUCK BECAUSE YOU DIDN'T LIKE THEM

I mean, really... Worst movies ever?
    --M&C: Far Side Of The World
    --District 9
    --High Plains Drifter
    --Gone With The Wind

What's next? Casablanca and the Maltese Falcon?

I hated District 9. Zero aesthestic value for me. I GAVE it away to a friend.

Yet the script remains a masterfully crafted allegory, the lead character/actor provides for a refreshingly unique role, and the production design (weapons in particular) was pretty * cool

So yeah, the story is typically Jim Cameron Light (shallow), and a pure rehash of the Pocahantas / Dances With Wolves story. But can you call the top grossing movie of all time the worst ever (OK just stop now - I know dollars do not automatically equate to quality)?

M&C: Far Side...

Yeah, its second act is as painfully long as its title. But you WILL NOT find a more finely crafted film, particularly of this genre. The visual, physical, and historical detail is superb. The casting (particularly the secondary charaters) is spot on. The sound design is reference quality. I could go on...

A protracted and slow second act does not a 'worst movie ever" make.

Gone With The freakin' Wind...? Hated it... Have the deluxe set on Blu-ray and dread that I need/should go in and watch it again.

But how can you even begin to consider an all-time classic a "worst ever"? I really don't think it would hold its place in film history if it was one of the worst ever.

High Plains Drifter. Hmmm... I suppose if you don't get - or don't like - the supernatural suggestion, it may not be for you. And its an Eastwood western, so it is what it is. But some have said it provided a venue for Clint to refine and master his iconic "strong silent" demeanor, taking his man-with-no-name character to the next level.

Hard to say. Make your own call. Not as gobsmacking as some of the other entries here, but not a "worst".

Now that I've purged, and possibly (likely?) wrankled some folks, go back to the beginning this post. Anyone and everyone can not like a film. That's totally OK.

But a lesson I've learned in life is to appreciate quality, talent and skill, even if the subject or content is contrary to my tastes...

Last edited: Jan 18, 2012
  37. JD

JD Master Member

Well stated, PH.

38. Vermithrax 4

Vermithrax 4 Well-Known Member

Just thought of another one but this one sort of falls into that "So bad it's good" category. It's an absolutely DREADFUL film with Jean Claude Van Damme in it, possibly even his first, it's called "No Retreat, No Surrender" and it is HILARIOUSLY STOOOPID!!!! This kid begs for help at the grave of Bruce Lee and who should show up to tudor him in the ways of martial arts? The GHOST of Bruce Lee, of course. The performances are hideously bad and even the fighting is laughable. The kid fights and defeats Van Damme at the end. It's worth a watch but definitely one of the lamest films ever made.

39. PHArchivist

I should clarify...

I am NOT faulting anybody for posting the films highlighted.

Again, everyone is entitled to their opinion, and everyone should respect that.

My issue, I suppose, is the lack of distinction between true technical quality, and personal subjective tastes.

40. frosty

frosty Sr Member

the twilight movies,teenage angst ramped up to 11 and glittery vampires, oh
    and big dogs.
    Theres more but thats the top of the list at the moment.

41. DAHLBERG

DAHLBERG New Member

American Dreams for sure... My girlfriend made me watch it... She hated it too XD

42. JiminSTLouis

JiminSTLouis Sr Member

43. SSgt Burton

SSgt Burton Sr Member

You can trust me on my choices. :lol

Kevin

44. cayman shen

cayman shen Master Member

You are exactly right and that's always how these threads go.

45. ralphee

ralphee Sr Member

Yeah, i bought that one blind, thought it was worth a look.
    It still haunts me too, a painful movie, think id rather spend an hour nailing my genatalia to a door.

Lee

46. Jannix Quinn

Jannix Quinn Sr Member

I hate it when people try to de-value other's opinions. Disagree, fine, but don't be a dick about it.

47. Timmythekid

Timmythekid Sr Member

I don't think "techincal merits" is any more objective than "artistic merits". For example, on top of it's artistic failings, I thought technically Blair Witch was a disaster; poorly conceived, poorly shot, poorly edited. Others I'm sure disagree as to even it's technical merits. I thought all three transformers films were techinical disasters - cinematography and editing which utterly failed to establish place or continuity, design which made our protagonsits indistinguishable from the villains. Inane scripts. And on and on. But I'm sure some people saw merit in at least the technical execution. Yeah, Manos is bad, but I never wanted to actually haul off and deck it for it's editing. It's ALWAYS going to come down to a subjective choice, so I think gut reaction "what did you HATE?" is the only way to approach it.

Two worst films I've ever paid to see

- The *&##@&* Fountain (one of the few films that ever made me angry at it)
    - The Notebook

Dreck for top to bottom; sacharine cinematography, nonsensical scripting, clunky acting choices. Just totally unbearable films.

48. PHArchivist

Cool - thanks for calling me a dick. Are you generally an a-hole in person too?

49. ralphee

ralphee Sr Member

Calm down deary!

Lee

50. yt

yt Sr Member

Insert name of Terrence Malick movie _____________.