The Wolverine

Saw the latest trailer last night before Iron Man 3, and it looks awesome. There was no shortage of ridiculous moments, but I'm really not concerned. This movie looks lie it's going to be fun, and I'm always down for more Hugh Jackman as Wolverine. Besides, it couldn't possibly be as bad as Origins.

Saw the latest trailer last night before Iron Man 3, and it looks awesome. There was no shortage of ridiculous moments, but I'm really not concerned. This movie looks lie it's going to be fun, and I'm always down for more Hugh Jackman as Wolverine. Besides, it couldn't possibly be as bad as Origins.

X3 was the worst one outta all of em, lets not forget that one. At least Origins was better than that cluster****

I have a question about Wolverine and I didn't really want to start a whole thread for it so maybe someone here can answer it. I understand that adamantium is indestructable--okay I get that. But how does that give his claws the ability to slice through EVERYthing? Even indestructable, his claws are not lightsabers. Logan is not really super powered, he just has enhanced strength. How do these claws slice right through steel pipes and such? ...You can take the sharpest knife or sword in the world, put Mythbuster robotic power behind it, and it is still not going to slice through steel beams and the like.......So as Seinfeld would say "what's up with that?"

Edit. Oh sorry, I forgot--it's only a movie......

I have a question about Wolverine and I didn't really want to start a whole thread for it so maybe someone here can answer it. I understand that adamantium is indestructable--okay I get that. But how does that give his claws the ability to slice through EVERYthing? Even indestructable, his claws are not lightsabers. Logan is not really super powered, he just has enhanced strength. How do these claws slice right through steel pipes and such? ...You can take the sharpest knife or sword in the world, put Mythbuster robotic power behind it, and it is still not going to slice through steel beams and the like.......So as Seinfeld would say "what's up with that?"

Edit. Oh sorry, I forgot--it's only a movie......

Pretty much, just because the movie wants them to be. The comics now, they are sharp and he can cut stuff as if they are knives, but his limits are only what he can handle. Now... because he can not break bones, this allows him to cut harder things. As he can push his body to the limits with out the worry or snapping a bone.

In the old days, the comic had them almost round looking with very sharp points. It was less of him cutting then, and more of him stabbing and then ripping the target apart. :) I like it this way. Make him more of the primal beast his is.

The kanji on the sword says, "not old, not dead, not destroyed"
7hm8bmfpiog.jpg

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back