The Wolverine

That's right, The Amazing Spider-Man's Gwen Stacy is also cast in the x-men Origins sequel. At this point I really have no clue what role she'll play. I just hope this film isn't as horrible as the first.

The rest of the article relates to the game that Will Yun Lee has just finished. Emma Stone is part of the cast for THAT, not Wolverine 2.

X-Men Origins horrible? I thought that while it strayed from the comics a good it was a still a very good movie and I enjoyed it quite a bit. About the only thing I didn't like was Xavier constantly putting his fingers against his temple to show us that he's using his telepathy, that got really old and I'd rather that they just had him change expression to show us that he's using his telepathy.

Btw, the term for someone from the Far East is Asian, not oriental. An oriental is a type of rug whereas Asian refers to people from the continent and outlying islands of, you know, Asia.

I'm pretty sure the OP is refering to XMen Origins:Wolverine and its sequel...NOT...XMen:First Class.

If it makes you feel better, I thought he was referring to X-Men First Class as well. I guess I've just tried so hard to forget the Wolverine movie that my brain couldn't even read the title correctly.

One thing I will say, though, is that the X-Men Origins: Wolverine video game was pretty damn fun. It's funny when you get the rare reversal of a movie-based-video-game being better than the movie itself.

The Wolverine? That's the title?
Yeah that's been the official title even when Darren Aronofsky was originally attached to the film.

In fact they should have gone with "The Wolverine" or just "Wolverine" as the title for the first film itself, instead of X-Men Origins preceding it.

Apparently it has started filming in Australia. Heres a few pics from set

article-2183042-145BFF06000005DC-714_468x411.jpg

article-2183042-145BFD18000005DC-231_224x423.jpg

X-Men Origins horrible? I thought that while it strayed from the comics a good it was a still a very good movie and I enjoyed it quite a bit. About the only thing I didn't like was Xavier constantly putting his fingers against his temple to show us that he's using his telepathy, that got really old and I'd rather that they just had him change expression to show us that he's using his telepathy.

I thought the movie had a lot going for it, but they blew it on so many levels. Why was Gambit in that movie again? Exactly! I really did like some of the action scenes in the film, especially when Weapon X brought the hammer down on the government base. Ryan Reynolds might have been the perfect Deadpool, but the director went with a sardonic and wooden character rather then a guy who should have been bouncing off the walls.

The ending was terrible and a huge letdown for fans of Marvel. It just jumped off the rails somewhere after the 1st act and never found it's footing. It's not inept as say Ghost Rider 2, but it wasn't far off.

i hope he plays wolverine forever
he was MADE for that role

his cameo in first class was the highlight of the film!

You and I couldn't disagree more. He doesn't act the way Wolverine acts, and he doesn't look the way he looks. Unless of course you're being sarcastic.

Wolverine is suppose to be like 5'2-5'3. Jackman is like 6'1. That alone is annoying enough.

You and I couldn't disagree more. He doesn't act the way Wolverine acts, and he doesn't look the way he looks. Unless of course you're being sarcastic.

Wolverine is suppose to be like 5'2-5'3. Jackman is like 6'1. That alone is annoying enough.

So who is your Wolverine? Tom Cruise?

You cannot hold true to every facet of the story/comics. It just doesn't happen. You have to give a little. Name me many actors of that stature who could actually pull off being "The Wolverine". I cannot think of one. Danny Devito?

And sure, you can say "Go out and find someone that fits the description". Sounds easy. But the bottom line is, these studios make these movies to make money. They want you to see it. Most will not take the Superman approach and go w/an actor the public will not know or care about. They already did that with this very character. Hugh Jackman. Who was virtually unknown before he became Wolverine. But they support the unknown guy by surrounding him w/talent you do know. Superman brings in Russell Crowe & Kevin Costner. Xmen brought in Patrick Stewart & Ian Mckellen.

You can "recast" or "reboot" the character, but again, you are back to square one. Finding someone who can act, and fit the description. And unless you plan on getting an ensemble cast, the movie would star a bunch of unknowns. Not the standard for making money.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back