The Walking Dead Ricks Silenced Pistol

tain669

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
For the life on me I can't figure out what the base pistol for this is. I heard one of the producers say that the silencer was made from a lamp.. Any info?

Its a mag light that looks like its attached to a Glock.
the-walking-dead-season-3-Morgan.jpg

Rick most certainly has a Glock / Mag lite combo. Carl looks like he might have a Beretta 92/Taurus PT 92 but I have no idea what his silencer is.

:lol I don't know how I missed that but it is hilarious! :lol

The propmaster must've got lazy on this build. Replica silencers are very easy to buy or make without ending up like this atrocity. :facepalm

I doubt he was lazy at all. TV has to have a visual language, and the obviously cobbled together silencers tell the viewer 'Hey they made silencers out of stuff they found lying around - cool!'

99% of viewers are not gonna either know or care whether this is practical or not. The whole thing played into the message that opening scene was portraying - these guys have seriously got their shlt together since last we saw them.

I doubt he was lazy at all. TV has to have a visual language, and the obviously cobbled together silencers tell the viewer 'Hey they made silencers out of stuff they found lying around - cool!'

99% of viewers are not gonna either know or care whether this is practical or not. The whole thing played into the message that opening scene was portraying - these guys have seriously got their shlt together since last we saw them.

EXACTLY....:love Almost sure that Carl's is a mini aluminum baseball bat.

:lol I don't know how I missed that but it is hilarious! :lol

The propmaster must've got lazy on this build. Replica silencers are very easy to buy or make without ending up like this atrocity. :facepalm

It's not laziness. They're supposed to be improvised suppressors, which are actually quite easy to make with any kind of hollow tube that you can fill with a baffling material and thread onto a barrel. Flashlights and oil cans have actually been used in the real world.

I don't know why some of you seem to be taking my comment personally.

As far as improvised suppressors, if the maglight was on his Colt Python it would be at least plausible, but on a semi-auto ... How is it held on? Did he somehow manage to extend and thread the barrel?

I love the show, but Rick Grimes is no MacGyver. Nothing about his character has me believing he figured out a way to make this contraption work.

I don't know why some of you seem to be taking my comment personally.

As far as improvised suppressors, if the maglight was on his Colt Python it would be at least plausible, but on a semi-auto ... How is it held on? Did he somehow manage to extend and thread the barrel?

Negative. Putting a silencer on a revolver would be point less because of the cylinder gap.

After all it is a show and I agree with the above statements that 99% of the viewers just see the improvision of the makeshift silencer.

I was just curious if there was a plausible way to do it.

The whole thing played into the message that opening scene was portraying - these guys have seriously got their shlt together since last we saw them.
That's totally not what I got from the opening scene, haha. What I took most from that (especially how not a single word was spoken and how Carl was happy to eat dog food) is that they've been almost completely dehumanized.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back