The Twilight Zone "Death ship" pistol reference examination

Doomsday

In season four of the original "The Twilight Zone", there was an episode entitled "Death ship". It's a great episode with great actors; at one point a character pulls a gun on the captain. Despite being from the long distant future on 1997, it looks remarkably like a Luger P.08 with a suppressor. Upon closer inspection however, it looks to me like a vacuformed pull from an actual Luger (They had used a real one in an earlier episode), I say this because it has the classic P.08 shape but is soft on detail. It's also clearly been modified in other ways. It's possible that it's not a P.08 at all and is another gun, but as you'll see in the images, there are characteristic which make me think it is based upon the Luger.

I bring this up because I'm interested in making a replica to sit along side my Spaceship E-89 from the same episode. Would anyone out there be willing to make a vacuformed copy of a Luger P.08 for me?

Attachments

• DS 01.jpg
    DS 01.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 80
  • vlcsnap-00116.jpg
    vlcsnap-00116.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 71
  • vlcsnap-00115.jpg
    vlcsnap-00115.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 69
  • DS 04.jpg
    DS 04.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 71
  • DS 03.jpg
    DS 03.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 72
  • DS 02.jpg
    DS 02.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 79
  • vlcsnap-00117.jpg
    vlcsnap-00117.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 70
  • vlcsnap-00118.jpg
    vlcsnap-00118.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 58
  • vlcsnap-00119.jpg
    vlcsnap-00119.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 73
Looks like you're working with a standard def source, so here are a few from HD.

Attachments

• 3.png
    3.png
    142.3 KB · Views: 75
  • 4.png
    4.png
    148.8 KB · Views: 75
  • 5.png
    5.png
    159 KB · Views: 71
  • 1.png
    1.png
    153.1 KB · Views: 77
  • 2.png
    2.png
    137.5 KB · Views: 77
Well, it looks from the images that Treadwell posted, that they likely used the same Luger they'd used in earlier episodes just 'futurized' with a cone and can on the barrel. That makes things easier.

It is a Luger, Frank Sutton used the same Luger in "The Satan Bug". It has a vented barrel shroud. The question is, was it modified for "The Twilight Zone", or an earlier production.

David.

I love that the Luger was seen as 'futuristic' decades after it went into production. So, when is some industrious individual going to make a barrel shroud so we can replicate the "Twilight Zone" Luger? I'm sure I could cobble something together, but it might be nice to have something ready-made, especially considering how cheap Luger reproductions are.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back