Help with Pistol Lanyard Ring.

Sean

Sr Member
I was hoping sombody may know the workings of a lanyard ring for old pistols. The type that swivel. I need the mechanics. What holds them In and allows them to swivel?

Attachments

• Web.Mk6l.jpeg
    Web.Mk6l.jpeg
    95.4 KB · Views: 47
The post goes into a hole in the pistol, a pin goes from one side to another across that little groove. The pin keeps it in place and the groove allows it to swivel.

Thank you Grenadeking
I may have to figure something else out as I'm putting It Into a Denix Lemat.

Last edited:
You may be able to buy a complete one off a firearms parts shop for relatively cheap. Depending on how 'usable' you need it, you can probably find a similar kind of loop that's meant to be used as a drawer handle.

Thanks Nitram
I already have the ring. Just need to find out If the trench surrounding the ring. Goes high enough to do what Is mentioned.

And welcome to the RPF.

I was hoping sombody may know the workings of a lanyard ring for old pistols. The type that swivel. I need the mechanics. What holds them In and allows them to swivel?
Sean, judging by the trench as you call it, I believe that a snap ring was used for that particular lanyard ring. You'd need to measure the inside diameter of the trench to sort out the appropriate size of snap ring. You should be able to source some pretty easily at any hardware store. I hope this helps.

Sean, judging by the trench as you call it, I believe that a snap ring was used for that particular lanyard ring. You'd need to measure the inside diameter of the trench to sort out the appropriate size of snap ring. You should be able to source some pretty easily at any hardware store. I hope this helps.

Thank you narvik
That was not something I was considering. I have to drill the hole for the lanyard ring to go Into the Lemat. Wouldn't there need to be a lip for the snap ring to work? Not sure how I would drill a hole with a lip Included

Thank you narvik
That was not something I was considering. I have to drill the hole for the lanyard ring to go Into the Lemat. Wouldn't there need to be a lip for the snap ring to work? Not sure how I would cut a hole with a lip Included

You need to measure how thick the bottom section of the pistol grip is and compare that to the distance from the outside bevel to the trench. To use a snap ring you need at least a portion of the trench to be above the level of the pistol frame. If you are using a Denix replica, be careful drilling into the frame. Use a slower speed when drilling so you can avoid to shattering the metal.
Web.Mk6l.jpeg

revolver confedere le mat-08.jpg

lemat.jpg

You need to measure how thick the bottom section of the pistol grip is and compare that to the distance from the outside bevel to the trench. To use a snap ring you need at least a portion of the trench to be above the level of the pistol frame. If you are using a Denix replica, be careful drilling into the frame. Use a slower speed when drilling so you can avoid to shattering the metal.View attachment 1790559
View attachment 1790560
View attachment 1790561

I can make that work.
Thank you so much.
Totally appreciate the help everyone

Cheers
Sean

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back