The Video Game Thread - anything and everything...

Learned something new today while enjoying my SNES mini... Apparently in ff3/ff6 for the snes the timer stops at 99 hours and 59 minutes no matter what you do...

ff3 timer.jpg

Mortal Kombat XI trailer revealed:

Also Crash Team Racing, Sony's early counterpoint to Nintendo's Mario Kart finally making a long overdo return:

First time i ever played ff6, i hit the timer to the max. Probably had like 150 plus hours in it.

I never managed to get the timer to max.. I would get 70-80 hours in it on either the original SNES or the PS1 and the snes my cartridges(2 diff ones) the save files kept getting corrupted, and with the PS1 i would lose my memory cards(they were to damn small). Never got around to getting higher than the WOB with it on my ps3 or ps4 either. So finally now that I am not working and have a lot of free time, and managed to pick one up after building up a little spare cash decided to finally try and beat it all the way through along with getting all my guys to 99 and getting them all magic

I never managed to get the timer to max.. I would get 70-80 hours in it on either the original SNES or the PS1 and the snes my cartridges(2 diff ones) the save files kept getting corrupted, and with the PS1 i would lose my memory cards(they were to damn small). Never got around to getting higher than the WOB with it on my ps3 or ps4 either. So finally now that I am not working and have a lot of free time, and managed to pick one up after building up a little spare cash decided to finally try and beat it all the way through along with getting all my guys to 99 and getting them all magic
Very time consuming for sure, but fun. Playing 6 on snes as 3 was my first final fantasy. I thought you had to get everyone to level 99 before you could beat the game. Last boss sure was easy.....oops.

Very time consuming for sure, but fun. Playing 6 on snes as 3 was my first final fantasy. I thought you had to get everyone to level 99 before you could beat the game. Last boss sure was easy.....oops.

Yea 3 on snes was my first FF as well. I also never managed to take down Kefka each time I would try I would only level one party to bout 60 and get the main magic(cure3,life 3,elemental 3, ultima) also never bothered to much to level up their magic power etc. So I would always lose them part way through. This attempt though got everyone to 99 and their mag power to max(128 even though technically max is 255 the bonuses stop at 128) last get them every spell possible(went with meteor/odin instead of raiden)... Made the whole last dungeon a breeze and Kefka himself, only lost 1 guy along the way due to magic right b4 one of the 3 phases of kefka died and me not payin attention to their hp.

Yea 3 on snes was my first FF as well. I also never managed to take down Kefka each time I would try I would only level one party to bout 60 and get the main magic(cure3,life 3,elemental 3, ultima) also never bothered to much to level up their magic power etc. So I would always lose them part way through. This attempt though got everyone to 99 and their mag power to max(128 even though technically max is 255 the bonuses stop at 128) last get them every spell possible(went with meteor/odin instead of raiden)... Made the whole last dungeon a breeze and Kefka himself, only lost 1 guy along the way due to magic right b4 one of the 3 phases of kefka died and me not payin attention to their hp.
I once attempted a low level challenge. Levels were around 13 to 14 when I got to the final battle. But wasn't able to beat it. Some of the boss fights leading up to the final i cheated a bit, using the invisable x-zone cheat to instantly kill a boss. But it doesn't work on the final boss.

I've been playing Skyrim again for the last few months. The one thing that bugged me is that there are no restrictions on your character. I'm head of the Thieves Guild and a Nightingale, head Mage of Winterhold, Harbinger of the Companions, The Listener of the Dark Brotherhood, Thane of EVERY hold, Savior of the World, etc Not to mention I've been the agent of just about every Daedra in the game. I'm guessing there's going to be an epic war between them when I die to see who actually gets my soul for eternity!
tEToMcO.gif

I once attempted a low level challenge. Levels were around 13 to 14 when I got to the final battle. But wasn't able to beat it. Some of the boss fights leading up to the final i cheated a bit, using the invisable x-zone cheat to instantly kill a boss. But it doesn't work on the final boss.

I heard and seem some people doing that it is to gnarly for me to try... However I did watch Games Done quick 2014 and this year and see Puxetil(not sure if that how u spell it) do speed runs for it in like 8 to 9 hours both times... I can not imagine that one to much either

The big Christmas sale on PSN has been going on for a few days now. Picked up over $300 worth of stuff for $67 so far.

So Kingdom Hearts 3 comes out in a month. Sure hope waiting for over 12 years has been worth it. Anyone got a preorder on it? I've only put 30 down so far, but I'll put some more next week.

I bought the old Star Trek 25th Anniversary game on sale at GOG. I install it and fire it up. I don't read the manual because this game is from 92 so surely my vast gaming experience from that time doesn't require the manual! I get orders to go investigate some planet so I find the star map and try to figure out where to go. Okay there's lots of planets, but no description. I'll pick one at random. The ship goes to warp, comes out "YOU HAVE VIOLATED THE KLINGON NEUTRAL ZONE! PREPARE TO DIE!" Dead. That was within 3 mins of starting the game.
tEToMcO.gif

I bought the old Star Trek 25th Anniversary game on sale at GOG. I install it and fire it up. I don't read the manual because this game is from 92 so surely my vast gaming experience from that time doesn't require the manual! I get orders to go investigate some planet so I find the star map and try to figure out where to go. Okay there's lots of planets, but no description. I'll pick one at random. The ship goes to warp, comes out "YOU HAVE VIOLATED THE KLINGON NEUTRAL ZONE! PREPARE TO DIE!" Dead. That was within 3 mins of starting the game. View attachment 969818
I hear that they write a manual to help with this type stuff.

So Kingdom Hearts 3 comes out in a month. Sure hope waiting for over 12 years has been worth it. Anyone got a preorder on it? I've only put 30 down so far, but I'll put some more next week.

I've had it on pre-order for years. I pre-ordered it on Amazon.ca back when it was first put up during an E3 sale so I still have it pre-ordered at the super discounted price of $49.99 Canadian which is good considering games cost $80 before taxes now and about $91 after taxes. I still haven't played the first games in the series but I did buy the re-releases that came out on PS4 and know almost nothing about them accept that they are pretty highly acclaimed. I'll play through the whole series when they are all out. I am just glad Square-Enix can finally get this out the door and hopefully get to work on that Final Fantasy VII Remake.

In the meantime, I've picked up Battle Brothers on Steam. An excellent minimalist strategy series about building up a medieval band of mercenaries and running your custom built mercenary company. Take contracts, deal with map events and the intricacies of personnel, equipment and economy management in your company. You could call it Sim Mercenary Company pretty much as the game has so much depth to it.

Last edited:
Playstation Classic Mini games list finally announced:

Ordered myself one the other day set to arrive next week sometime... Have been reading a bunch and watching youtube videos apparently you can add games to it via a usb drive. Gonna try it and see if it works... Looks like in all the videos it works, hopefully it does not delete the games already put on it forcing me to manually add them back, because there is a few I definitely want to play from the 20-30 games already on there including MSG and FF7... Will let you all know how it goes

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back