The Ultimate Guide to Lightsabers eBook

Amazing work sofar Seth :) ... perhaps you wish to add one of these pictures in your next revision ... it's the rehearsal between Dave Prowse and Alec Guinness with the earliest lightsaber props available. Sorry I have no clue what they are made off, yet I suspect wooden handles coated with reflective movie screen material ...

OB1 vs Vader rehearsal-02.png

OB1 vs Vader rehearsal-01.jpg

Chaïm

Thank you so much for this, I can't wait to get into reading it all, looks like so much amazing information!

Thanks for the pic's - not seen that lower one anywhere before. I would say almost certainly wood (with joint above handguard) covered with M3 scotchlite fabric.

There is a video clip (VC1) of these blades on my thread
The ANH LightSaber Blade Reference Thread

Although I also think these are pre-motorised versions I have no actual proof, they could be the round tapered ones mention in Matty Matts memo ( quote Mmm) in my same thread. Does anyone have any more info on where these came in development ?

Not sure if it has been spotted before, however there is a spelling mistake on page 49 RoTJ section. It says there is am image.

Hi SethS, I'm planning on having this printed so I've got a physical copy (if that's ok with you?). Was wondering if you'd considered having a run of these professionally printed/bound for sale on here? I'd definitely pay for one!

As I said in the notes, that's just not in the cards. It's full of images that are not licensed, so using them to make a profit is both unethical and could get me sued.

Fair use lets the book exist as long as I am just sharing images available online. Also, most of the information was sourced by this community, I'm just recapitulating it in a pretty format.

You're free to do what you want with the pdf for your own private use, but I've made it a custom size sans any print bleed, and the pagination is imperfect, so it's not really built to make an actual book. But you can do what you like with it! (Except resell it of course).

As I said in the notes, that's just not in the cards. It's full of images that are not licensed, so using them to make a profit is both unethical and could get me sued.

Fair use lets the book exist as long as I am just sharing images available online. Also, most of the information was sourced by this community, I'm just recapitulating it in a pretty format.

You're free to do what you want with the pdf for your own private use, but I've made it a custom size sans any print bleed, and the pagination is imperfect, so it's not really built to make an actual book. But you can do what you like with it! (Except resell it of course).
I understand. No problem. Well, your efforts are very much appreciated! I just wanted a hard copy for myself, and felt that you deserved something for putting it together. Thanks :)

I cannot believe I've never said THANK YOU for this!

So many times over the past couple years, I've needed a reference shot, and completely forgot that this exists, and is STICKY on the first dagummed page!

So, THANK YOU ever so much, SethS!

Oh, also, I was recently looking for a collage someone made of ESB/ROTJ Vader MPP shots, for reference. I have it on my phone, but not on my PC. If you know where to find it, would you mind adding it to the guide?

What do ya'll think-- update book now with all the new ANH graflex info, or wait until after TROS in case there's more to add after we see it?

Edit/clarification suggestion:
On pg.55 under Notes you indicated the hollow R2 stunt Hero being next to the Hero. The hollow stunt is next to the 'casting' of the Hero (the one that was paired with the Hero on tour with the Magic of Myth exhibit] (The one that all the subsequent castings likely came from] Might be worth mentioning that one separately? The paint on the windvane covers part of the emitter base, and there is no center hole in the pommel, as well as the cavities were filled for demolding

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back