The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group

A few members have recently sold off their Obi’s which is how our good friend above obtained his parts. I’m just wondering how you’re keeping track of that or if you’re not. I mean eventually it will look like there’s more Obi’s out there than what’s actually possible.
Only 1 other Obi was responsible for the grenade and booster. Everything else was lone parts

A few members have recently sold off their Obi’s which is how our good friend above obtained his parts. I’m just wondering how your keeping track of that or if your not. I mean eventually it will look like there’s more Obi’s out there then what’s actually possible.
as I kill them, I let Sym-Cha know :)

Do we need to start stamping #RPF3025 serial numbers on the parts now :) so we can track them?
For example my build that I've posted some time ago does not really exists in the same form and shape anymore and the parts went to seed 3 new builds (including my current one). I'm sure there are more of them out there, but the owners don't feel comfortable sharing them here.

I have been made aware that some vintage parts builds may have been upgraded or split up and moved on to recreate more lightsabers for new owners, thanks 3251bimmer, ... and indeed some sabers have only been shared by their owners on facebook, not here, so my Index is and always will be incomplete and not exactly up to date, this is unavoidable ... hence the reason I called in an Index in the first place because it's an approximated indication of how many Obi-Wan real vintage parts ANH lightsabers exist in the world.

That said for a true and even more accurate Picture Index where all lightsabers made from original vintage parts could more easily be compared to each other, and which I would love to gather in this thread, I would need all new pictures taken of every existing lightsaber, which are all being photographed in the same way, meaning composition, as the original pictures were taken for the Mechanismo/Chronicles books, thus like so :

Obi-Wan Color x 2.jpg

This is merely a suggestion . . . since I know some of you have only gathered all the vintage parts and display them along with a replica lightsaber . . . or are still in the process of collecting more vintage parts to complete an ANH Obi-Wan all real vintage parts lightsaber build :)

Chaïm

Last edited:
Sym-Cha here is mine if you’d like to update your records. I generally keep it in the Tunisia belt hanger configuration but offered photos both ways for confirmation
  • Vintage Derwent 8/9 Female Balance Pipe
  • Vintage Hales No. 3 Rifle Grenade with correct cut
  • Vintage Folmer Graflex Clamp
  • Vintage Frosted/fully rounded Exactra Bubbles
  • Vintage Anita Transistors
  • Vintage Aircraft Washer Set
  • Vintage Browning ANM2 .303 Booster
  • Vintage pre-Shanks Armitage Handwheel (Metal Cap Variant)

IMG_7517.jpeg
IMG_7516.jpeg

Hi all!

I recently purchased a well weathered static OWK from an estate sale. There was a lot of really cool SW swag so obviously it all came from an avid collector (a Trooper Trent Remote Droid Builder's Kit for $3 y'all...). The OWK is HEAVY, I doubt I got that lucky but if any one of you guys who are familiar with the saber and have some free time I'd love to know if I have anything exciting in hand. Not posting pictures here as to not derail the thread - but I'd be grateful for anyone who wanted to humor me!

TIA.

Yes please post pictures!

I’m betting it’s a Master Replicas or another commercially available one.. would love to see it
Hi all!

I recently purchased a well weathered static OWK from an estate sale. There was a lot of really cool SW swag so obviously it all came from an avid collector (a Trooper Trent Remote Droid Builder's Kit for $3 y'all...). The OWK is HEAVY, I doubt I got that lucky but if any one of you guys who are familiar with the saber and have some free time I'd love to know if I have anything exciting in hand. Not posting pictures here as to not derail the thread - but I'd be grateful for anyone who wanted to humor me!

TIA.

So I have created a template in Photoshop where I can add your all vintage parts completed lightsaber to create a new Picture Index ... here's the original lightsaber added to give you an idea :

OB1 - Mechanismo*George Lucas.jpg

... I took the liberty to add George Lucas as the Artist, eventhough that lightsaber was created by the good folks of the UK Props Department.

Chaïm

P.S. If you want your precious all real vintage parts lightsaber added to the new Picture Index, please do post 2 pictures taken just as the ones seen above.

Last edited:
Thanks to 3251bimmer ... I was able to create another one for the new Picture Index :

OB1 - Mechanismo*David Kiu.jpg

Chaïm

P.S. If you want your precious Obi-Wan all real vintage parts lightsaber added to the new Picture Index, create 2 new pictures in the same composition send via PM or post them in this thread and leave it to me to use my Photoshop skills to present them in their full glory as seen in the above pictures.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back