The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group

Yeah I soaked it in wd40 for about 10min, then hit it with a heat gun for a minute, then put the cap flats in a vice and gave it my all trying to unscrew the top, with a pair of grippy rubber gloves on. Nothing.

Last edited:
I like Liquid Wrench when it comes to penetrating oils myself, I hear Kroil works well too but I've never tried it.

Mine is seized too.

WD-40 needs days to work on something like this. However I believe some were fused shut with glue or some strong cement adhesive during their transformation into an inert collectors item.

Ah, okay. Back into the bath it goes. I really want to try an fx-enabled real parts obi. And getting that cap off will definitely help make that work. I'm also working on a better way to attach the balance pipe than the common slip-fit bits most folks use.

Ah, okay. Back into the bath it goes. I really want to try an fx-enabled real parts obi. And getting that cap off will definitely help make that work. I'm also working on a better way to attach the balance pipe than the common slip-fit bits most folks use.
Drill it on the side for a set screw… :) :) :)

Tap it with a hammer - cover the surface so you don't mess it up but that may just help loosen the screw fit.

Where do I tap? In what direction? I tried some hammer tapping, but not sure if I did what you have in mind.

On the top of the cap its just to help break/loosen what might be caught up in the threading. Not a whack. It may help, may not but might help wd40 penatrate.

I am just catching up now and seeing your struggle

have you ever tried putting it in the freezer? In the automotive field it wasn’t uncommon for my mom to open the fridge to find axle hubs, brake calipers.. hell if I could fit a cylinder head in there I would have..

I’ve had suggest with freezing it, dunno if that would work for you

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back