The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group

The pilot is a bit smaller than 1/16”, so in my case it was off the edge a bit. Sunk enough to grab but the pilot broke… so I tapped what I could and glued all of the two or so threads I could :rolleyes:
My (RP-FX) replica MK1 won’t ever be disassembled at this point but I’m glad I like how it’s coming out.

Regarding color, I believe I’ve seen it discussed elsewhere (maybe even earlier in this thread) that Master Replicas utilized a brass screw because they had photo reference at the Archives to inform that? Not sure if that was ever validated.

Considering the weatherable nature of brass it could have easily turned dark with handling patina
I contacted the owner of MR and asked him that very question. He told me he added the brass screws because he thought it looked good. There is zero reference that the screws were brass and if I was a betting man my money is on them being the same color as the clamp, silver in color.

I contacted the owner of MR and asked him that very question. He told me he added the brass screws because he thought it looked good. There is zero reference that the screws were brass and if I was a betting man my money is on them being the same color as the clamp, silver in color.

Like most mysteries in prop building, unless/until we get better reference photos/screen-caps of the actual prop it's all speculation.

No one is right because everyone is wrong.

Brass, silver, torx, slotted, phillips, allen....... Everyone can use whatever they want and whatever they they think looks best on their own replicas. The danger is if anyone makes 'definitive' statements based on speculation or based their own opinion.

edit: You didn't make any 'definitive' statements, I'm speaking of the world view, not anything you said specifically.

Like most mysteries in prop building, unless/until we get better reference photos/screen-caps of the actual prop it's all speculation.

No one is right because everyone is wrong.

Brass, silver, torx, slotted, phillips, allen....... Everyone can use whatever they want and whatever they they think looks best on their own replicas. The danger is if anyone makes 'definitive' statements based on speculation or based their own opinion.

edit: You didn't make any 'definitive' statements, I'm speaking of the world view, not anything you said specifically.
Hence an idea submitted, waiting for inquiry and discussion as opposed to stating as fact. :cool:
I’m mostly curious if it visually explains things as a hypothesis for others.
In terms of color; well if it’s not brass then yes that does open up the possibilities for driver styles… just due to the available options for the sizing parameters.

Ultimately I do like the idea that it was stripped which is why it’s so undefined.

Do these screws show up in the Tunisia saber? I can't recall seeing them, and that would be a very permanent alteration.

Hard to tell , at least I'm not aware of any high quality Tunisia picture that shows the saber from the lever side. Then if the clamp is wrapped in foil tape (as many people think it is) it would be under it I suppose.

Given how corroded the lever looks on the chronicles photos compared to Tunisia, it could be a totally different clamp
1649691878953.png

Last edited:
So it sounds like the transistors still havent been fully identified yet although these marconi’s might be the most accurate that we know of?

Yeah, not sure if the new Obi Wan hilt from the show should be discussed here since this is focused specifically on the ANH variant which was made from real parts. The new Obi is supposedly based on the MR and is likely manufactured even if it was not anyway.

Its always nice to see real parts though. Dont know what it is but they always look incredibly nice. I unfortunately dont think the parts get any easier find though.

HeartBlade - yes, the Marconi is the closest we have at this point. Unless we get some MUCH better reference material, it's likely as close s we're gonna get.

And yes, this isn't the thread for the new Obi show stuff.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back