The "Slave 1"

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's fine. It's fiction, and aimed at kids. The word may not have much meaning or resonance to some people, but it's a real issue for others.

It's hilarious how worked up and weirdly self-righteous some folks are in opposing their commercial decision.
People are "worked up" because of Disney's hypocrisy. I'm sure the detainees at the concentration camp that served as a backdrop for Mulan are relieved by the name change of a fictional spaceship.

And if it's for kids then why do all the new characters have their sexual proclivities mentioned in their character bios?

Exactly if there was a reason for it beyond Disney virtue signaling and saying "Please don't go after us Twitter mob!" I might be okay with it They, like a lot of US companies, are trying to get ahead of a problem that doesn't exist. . It's just transparently fake.

People are "worked up" because of Disney's hypocrisy. I'm sure the detainees at the concentration camp that served as a backdrop for Mulan are relieved by the name change of a fictional spaceship.

And if it's for kids then why do all the new characters have their sexual proclivities mentioned in their character bios?
Disney filmed parts of 'Mulan' in China's Xinjiang, where millions of Muslims are being spied on and locked up

Anyone looking to find true moral courage at the center of a multi-national corporation, in the 21st century, is destined to find only disappointment.

52BA5F16-0974-454E-B4C2-E13F7A4039A6.jpeg

Hencforth, history will be divided by two eras: the era before “Boba Fett’s Starship” was rechristened and the era after “Boba Fett’s Starship” was rechristened.

And you, my friends…you were all there to see history, as it happened.

Remember to tell your grandchildren where you were when the world was changed by the rechristening of the name of “Boba Fett’s Starship”.

Last edited:
So they actually spend time thinking about a fake name of a fake ship in a fantasy universe that somehow that matters? It's not like it was called "Hitler-1" or something. Maybe they should think about making better movies instead?
Fans know what it's called and that's never going to change.

Disney refuses to release anything Slave leia because of sexism

Disney changes slave 1 because.. yeah..

BUT disney says it’s ok for the first order to give a some what nazi salute to a wacky politically agenda driven general Hux.. all he was missing was the mustache

doesnt make a drop of sense to me..

Disney refuses to release anything Slave leia because of sexism

Disney changes slave 1 because.. yeah..

BUT disney says it’s ok for the first order to give a some what nazi salute to a wacky politically agenda driven general Hux.. all he was missing was the mustache

doesnt make a drop of sense to me..

That reminds me... Remember when Hux was an important character for 2 hours in the first movie?

general-hux-rally-speech.JPG

How do you imagine fans would react if Tarkin got a beatdown from the Emperor in ESB for failing to protect the Death Star? And then in ROTJ, he helped the rebels and was promptly murdered by Moff Jerjerrod?

Was this thread really necessary? :lol:
Other than showing again that, if you let any totally unrelated thread fester long enough, we always end up back at talking about the sequel trilogy. (That’s a joke, no one needs to get defensive about that. But still…)

All of this was discussed months ago in the general Star Wars thread.

Sometimes it seems like people just enjoy wading directly into discussions that will end up getting someone banned for stupid reasons…

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back