The ark of the covenant has been found!

Prop Collector

Sr Member
GE5OmhOXAAA4Enx.jpg

It's at Mar-a-Lago, apparently. :)

But seriously, does anyone know why the replica is on display there? Is that Philip's?

Where can I learn more about this!!

It's a known association. There's some discussion about it on the net.

The pic I posted is the Ark from king Tut's tomb. There are other Egyptian items around. But that one looks the most reminiscent of the Biblical object, at least out of the ones I've seen.

The Israelites made their own thing. But the raw concept of a box or statue as a portable sacred object? That wasn't unique to Israel. And carrying it on poles like that was common for practicality.

So, no.

The Ark of the Covenant was described in detail, in the Bible.

Define "in detail." The biblical instructions are surprisingly detailed but it's just words and numbers. They don't include 3D scans and a full greeblie list.

I'm just saying the existing Egyptian Arks are a better choice of reference (for historical accuracy) than a movie prop from 1981. The Israelites were heavily influenced by Egypt in general. Everybody in the area was at the time.

Last edited:
The Bible itself says,

It is to be 2+1⁄2 cubits in length, 1+1⁄2 cubits breadth, and 1+1⁄2 cubits height (approximately 131×79×79 cm or 52×31×31 in) of acacia wood.
Then it is to be gilded entirely with gold, and a crown or molding of gold is to be put around it. Four rings of gold are to be attached to its four corners, two on each side—and through these rings staves of shittim wood overlaid with gold for carrying the Ark are to be inserted; and these are not to be removed.

So while the first Indy movie probably decorated it more than how the bible might describe, sounds like they might not have been to far off.

Just don't open it...because.....know you.....(technically said they weren't even suppose to touch it actually)
Wizard Of Oz Rain GIF by EricaLYNN

The Bible itself says,

It is to be 2+1⁄2 cubits in length, 1+1⁄2 cubits breadth, and 1+1⁄2 cubits height (approximately 131×79×79 cm or 52×31×31 in) of acacia wood.
Then it is to be gilded entirely with gold, and a crown or molding of gold is to be put around it. Four rings of gold are to be attached to its four corners, two on each side—and through these rings staves of shittim wood overlaid with gold for carrying the Ark are to be inserted; and these are not to be removed.

So while the first Indy movie probably decorated it more than how the bible might describe, sounds like they might not have been to far off.

Just don't open it...because.....know you.....(technically said they weren't even suppose to touch it actually)
View attachment 1790303
17“You shall make a mercy seat of pure gold; two and a half cubits shall be its length and a cubit and a half its width. 18And you shall make two cherubim of gold; of hammered work you shall make them at the two ends of the mercy seat. 19Make one cherub at one end, and the other cherub at the other end; you shall make the cherubim at the two ends of it of one piece with the mercy seat. 20And the cherubim shall stretch out their wings above, covering the mercy seat with their wings, and they shall face one another; the faces of the cherubim shall be toward the mercy seat. 21You shall put the mercy seat on top of the ark, and in the ark you shall put the Testimony that I will give you.

17“You shall make a mercy seat of pure gold; two and a half cubits shall be its length and a cubit and a half its width. 18And you shall make two cherubim of gold; of hammered work you shall make them at the two ends of the mercy seat. 19Make one cherub at one end, and the other cherub at the other end; you shall make the cherubim at the two ends of it of one piece with the mercy seat. 20And the cherubim shall stretch out their wings above, covering the mercy seat with their wings, and they shall face one another; the faces of the cherubim shall be toward the mercy seat. 21You shall put the mercy seat on top of the ark, and in the ark you shall put the Testimony that I will give you.

Yes. But even then, there are MANY ways that could have been realized. Por ejemplo:

loads%2F2022%2F02%2Fshutterstock_1938031066-scaled.jpg

%2F9e%2F14%2F0c%2F9e140c080a7e136bd9dbfd4b21b783f4.jpg

s%2F2017%2F11%2FArk-of-the-Covenant-auspicious-Ark.jpg

AAAARc%2F6MygAI3iRqA%2Fs1600%2FArc-of-the-Covenant.jpg

ploads%2F2020%2F11%2F15.Ark-of-the-Covenant-Images.jpg

wp-content%2Fuploads%2F2012%2F11%2Fark_of_covanent.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back