The Shuttlecraft Galileo

Wonder if there is a way for fans to pool money together for a bid attempt and for restoration and donation to a public museum?

Probably complicated to organize and anticipate all costs I imagine.

They really should make it clear what portions are indeed original and were on set, and what was later restoration attempt materials.

We need a Kickstarter page!!!!

I think the entire top portion has been previously restored. The bottom looks like the original material. In the auction photos of the interior you can see the different color wood. In the restoration photos from long back looks like they only did the top above the wing.

Here's to hoping this thing finally gets properly restored and displayed.

Hopefully it will go to someone with the proper ability and $$$ to restore, display and care for it.

Alec (from Propworx, I believe) posted in the TrekBBS thread linked above that Mike Okuda and Doug Drexler have been approached for possible involvement with restoration. I'd say that's a promising step.

LOL you little devils really get around don't you? I have posted what has been replaced on the shuttle over at Hobby Talk. I understand that there has been a lot of speculation about everything the last few months, and perhaps I could have been more forthcoming with really good photos, but I never planned to even post to Hobby Talk. I was just annoyed to see in one post that I was dead. If I had to estimate the percentage of original to replaced it would be 40 new and 60 old. As for how much I want for it of course I want to make back my investment. I have not placed a price on it though. It amazes me how many people seem to know so little about it but post what they don't know anyway. Speculation is just that. Those who will bid on this and desire to see it face to face will be able to examine every square inch. And no I am not "Jane". Life is complicated sometimes and things do not always go the way you want them to. Have a great Holiday weekend everyone.

Last edited:
Yes I linked above to your hobbytalk post in this thread.
Thanks Lyndie! It's difficult to determine what is original
and not from photos. Most of us are aware that Paramount
sadly let her literally rot in the parking lot for years.

Good luck with the auction, I don't think there is a single fan that doesn't think it is truly priceless and the eyes of fans are going to be watching the auction results eagerly.

LOL you little devils really get around don't you? I have posted what has been replaced on the shuttle over at Hobby Talk. I understand that there has been a lot of speculation about everything the last few months, and perhaps I could have been more forthcoming with really good photos, but I never planned to even post to Hobby Talk. I was just annoyed to see in one post that I was dead. If I had to estimate the percentage of original to replaced it would be 40 new and 60 old. As for how much I want for it of course I want to make back my investment. I have not placed a price on it though. It amazes me how many people seem to know so little about it but post what they don't know anyway. Speculation is just that. Those who will bid on this and desire to see it face to face will be able to examine every square inch. And no I am not "Jane". Life is complicated sometimes and things do not always go the way you want them to. Have a great Holiday weekend everyone.

Has a kickstarter type fund raising ever made an attempt to bid on something?

I mean if you bid, you have to have the cash ready to go right?
And given that all but one bidder will lose. The money has to go back to those
that donated in the likely event we lost.

It sounds complicated to organize and do.

For everyone's info, we have a team together, including some backers, Doug Drexler and Mike Okuda, and I have talked with others including Paul Allen's people. We will also be starting a Kickstarter Campaign, which is just waiting for approval. More info to follow.

Alec

The background Vipers from BSG, if I remember correctly, were just scrapped immediately because the fair assumption was that nobody would want to buy them and have to pay the huge freight costs; they even had trouble selling the foreground hero ships, which didn't initially meet reserves.

Incorrect. Propworx sold one of the two Vipers's made to a collector in Europe. The other remains with NBC.

Alec

Alec ("Loken") and I won the Galileo earlier today. We are very very happy to have the opportunity to acquire and renovate Galileo.

Let me assure you we have a straightforward goal: restore her and put her on display for the fans. Details to follow - when we have them. This will take a great deal of time and effort. But i'm confident we will be proud of the result.

I know the internet is an excellent source of opinions, support, and on occasion criticism. No doubt many will chime in with opinions and ideas. We welcome your commentary and support - as this is going to be hard.

Alec ("Loken") and I won the Galileo earlier today. We are very very happy to have the opportunity to acquire and renovate Galileo.

Let me assure you we have a straightforward goal: restore her and put her on display for the fans. Details to follow - when we have them. This will take a great deal of time and effort. But i'm confident we will be proud of the result.

I know the internet is an excellent source of opinions, support, and on occasion criticism. No doubt many will chime in with opinions and ideas. We welcome your commentary and support - as this is going to be hard.

Congratulations! I'm looking forward to seeing this restoration. It is going to be a long haul but we're here to help!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back