The RedHood (Pics inside) -Batman- Help modeling the helmet & mask for pepakura

I figured, I may be getting some boot's today though, I'm going to Kohls, and a friend who's grandmother works at a biker shop said that they have cheep knee boots in the store.

Hahaha, cool
Guess what I just got on ebay.... The first issue of The Red Hood comics for less then $5
And I'm also getting Spawn 1-13 for less then $5

you could but some craft foam and make a larp styled knife minus the duct tape.
WHAA? under $5? are they reprints of spawn?

Oh hey! Nice to see that someone else is working on this costume too! I am, however working on the version from the new DC Animated movie. I've been sculpting this for the past 2 weeks out of lots of bondo and a iron man mask, the $8 face only one. I've got a dome I'm also working on for the back which I will attach once the face is done and bondo that up. Still needs some more fine tuning, but I expect to be done with the face by the end of the week.

Maybe you could try something similar for the helmet, cause... iron man is pretty close IMO.
IMG_1694.jpg

any reason you arent doing just a spandex facemask?
and I dont know much about comic pricing but wouldnt 1st edition issue 1 of spawn be worth more than 5 bucks?

hmm, you could search for a red zentai mask. That might work.
red-zentai-shiny-hood-470-p.jpg

and then you could make a basic shape shell kind of like spiderman for the inside?

good plans :p

that zentai mask doesnt really fit the bill.... in the movie when he drops his helmet it sounds like platic dropping.... so yeah.... latex/spandex wouldnt work

I'm not going on the movie, I don't like how it looks, it's too much like dead pool, I'm going for the comic, where it is made of plastic as well, but the zentai mask would be fine, I think I'm going to use an iron man mask like Ice Devil and cover it with the mask.

I'm not going on the movie, I don't like how it looks, it's too much like dead pool, I'm going for the comic, where it is made of plastic as well, but the zentai mask would be fine, I think I'm going to use an Iron man mask like Ice Devil and cover it with the mask.

If you plan on going the Iron Man route I'd recommend buying one of those cheapie 2 piece masks that you can buy at the costume shops and sites. They may not be the most accurate Iron Man masks out there but they're cheap, and they have the general shape that you'd want. Why spend good money on a good quality Iron Man helmet when all you're going to do is completely rework it into something completely different?

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back