The RedHood (Pics inside) -Batman- Help modeling the helmet & mask for pepakura

Prince NEO

Sr Member
I've been working on getting this costume together for a year now, and since my father finally passed down his $500 schott leather jacket to me, all I need now is his knife (Working on) and his shirt if I can get a good picture or model of the skull. Pics below.

Last edited:
this last pic is from " the killing joke" , which may not be what you're looking for. the classic red hood is pretty easy... pretty much just a red dome/beaker thingy.
covers.jpg

view.php

view.php

KJ-Joker-new.jpg

what you're looking for is the new jason todd version?

Last edited:
Yes, thank you for the pics though I'm looking for the newer one, not the Classic, like in the pictures, the original I would probably make with a bowl and some plastic sheet, the pictures of the one I'm looking for is in the first post, and he also had another mask (See second attached pic) underneath the 'skull cap' that looked like a red 'Gothic' version of the original Robin's

Last edited:
personally i could see that mask being made by hand a lot easier than it would take for someone to model it. you could take a mannequin head and paper mache over the face and just keep the eye recess details and nose prominent and dumb everything else down, building it up until it forms into a roundish helmet towards the forehead and the back.
if i was doing it cheap & for myself i'd use layers of wet paper squares and elmers glue, cover my face in plastic wrap with a straw hole to breathe through, get all sloppy, and have at it.
:) i don't know if the outcome would be successful though. :)

That's actually a really good idea if I can find a way to get a mannequin head, or if I get the chance to make one, I'll let you know, thanks again for the help =]

This is a cool project. The Red Hood is a badass character and a great story arc. I looked into costuming for the Jason Todd and found the "Army of Two" masks are a pretty good start. These are usually up on eBay under airsoft or paintball categories...
MASK_MTX_ARMYMASK-OR-lg.jpg

if you look at the version from the new movie from both a marvel and a dc character fan's eyes......ITS DEADPOOL!!!

batmanredhood.jpg

eh, not really happy with their choices in voice actors they chosen for batman and joker...

Redhood is a pretty cool comic series..I stop collecting batman comics after the redhood story arc...

I want the Red Hood comics, some time this week I'm going to go to the comic book store to try and find a Spawn 1st issue and some Red Hood comics since he's my favorite character.

just saw the movie last night.....joker should have been recast oh yea and Neo.....your best bet at a perfect helmet for you is to mod an existing one.......look for my thread on the 405th (i have the same name) i modded the army of 2 mask in2 taskmaster

when he does make it im so gunna try it......not so much the rest of the costume... just the helmet......anyway Neo goodluck with your costume ima rooting for ya :p

I was looking for a more combat boot look, those are a little two cowboy as far as I'm concerned. And I'm taking a VERY long break from sewing.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back