The Map - Star Wars Ahsoka

Thanks,
that one’s a little more expensive from that store, the other store above has them for about 1/2 the price, I’m not in any rush, and feel a little obligated to the other store as I’d been messaging them.

Ethan and wonder knight started another thread on their work on the map, so I may just wait and see what they come up with.

It's a render :)
I'm still refining the pattern. When that's done I can create the separate plates. The problem is that there are 62 pieces for the puzzle to be fully functional plus the risk that it gets undone and I will never manage to get it right again! Haha. So I'm now thinking of making it out of 12 pieces and only one or two parts rotating. Hardly any reason to use the megaminx after all. I'm not sure yet. What do you think? What would you do?
I'd still make it thinner plates that go onto the megaminx ball, since that appears to be what the original prop is. Will go a long way to feeling authentic, same weight, clickiness, etc. Seeing the gaps between the plates to the ball underneath like the original add's to the complexity of the design.

Thanks for the link, FOMO got the best of me. Would rather have it for $50 than miss out at $20. Even just as a found part its cool.
I think the $20 price point was because it was a discontinued product that was relatively unknown… until Ahsoka came out; I doubt we’ll ever see it for that price again, lol.

I'd still make it thinner plates that go onto the megaminx ball, since that appears to be what the original prop is. Will go a long way to feeling authentic, same weight, clickiness, etc. Seeing the gaps between the plates to the ball underneath like the original add's to the complexity of the design.
The megaminx ball doesn't click. They added that sound effect in post-production.

The megaminx ball doesn't click. They added that sound effect in post-production.
IMG_5732.jpeg

I bet adding a ratchet(such as these) to the internal screw posts would be doable. I believe that the center pentagons are spring loaded for tensioning, so something along these lines could possibly be installed.

Seems like a lot of work and you'd have to cut into a hard to find puzzle ball. I'll just wait for the Black Series version :D

It appeared zenix had cornered the market for these balls, but I have just managed to purchase two (perhaps using one for the destroyed version) of the gold here. There are currently two left if anyone is interested. They also have the silver and transparent, but I was waiting for the gold. I messaged the seller and they let me know when they put on the few they had.

I also contacted the manufacturer about availability, and they replied thusly:

Yes, we have received quite a lot of inquiry about megaminx balls recently.
We are now preparing for next production for the black body and metallized gold. It takes about 1 month.
Currently, we have found a small quantity in warehouse.
If you need one, you can buy below,
metallized silver (5pc) :
Traiphum Megaminx Ball Metallized Silver with 6 Color stickers (Limited Edition)
Metallized 2 Colors IV (middle Purple) (1 pc)
Traiphum Megaminx Ball Metallized 2 Colors IV (middle Purple, Limited Edition)
Thanks for your always support.
If having inquiry, feel free to contact me at calvinfan@hknowstore.com .
best regards,
calvin fan

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back