The Mandalorian (TV series)

It's also not entirely accurate to say she was fired. Lucasfilm's statement was that she is not presently employed by them, and there were no plans for her to be in the known future. She had already finished filming season 2 of The Mandalorian, and -- even if she was part of it, which was only contextual rumor -- filming hadn't started on Rangers of the New Republic. So she was not terminated from a job she presently had. She had finished one gig, and likely won't get another from that company.

So in other words, she was on obviously one of the main cast of the "Rangers" show. Now she won't be. So, she was fired.
Well, no. We never had anything more than the internet saying, "'Rangers of the New Republic', huh? Hey, isn't Cara Dune a Ranger now? Does that mean she's gonna be in it?" LFL hasn't said anything about anyone who's going to be in it, or what the context is, or anything -- jut that there will be a show of that name. If no actors had been hired yet, no actors could be fired. *shrug*

Screenshot_20210211-021304.png

I agree with those who saw this coming, she was poking the bear (or mouse in this case) and the inevitable happened. My only concern is that this action by Disney seems to only go one way. Pablo Hidalgo mocks fans...no problem, Kristina Arielle tweets some really nasty things about white people...give her a High Republic gig and tweet support of her views.

In this day and age, I can't believe that Disney Public Relations hasn't laid the law down on their employees and their use of social media. Whether you agree with Gina or disagree, this decision is going to burn away a lot of the good will The Mandalorian was rebuilding in fandom.

This is exactly what I mean. It's lopsided. And silence gets you in trouble with twitter folk as well. Look at what happened to Chris Pratt and Kurt Russell, amongst others. The calls to fire Pratt for NOT doing something earned a 'hashtag fire chris pratt' thing.

Honestly it seems that Twitter is the “war games” of social media, the winning move is to not play. Even a tweet taken out of context can be used by the Twitter mob to bash you.

I guess it sucks more for public figures (especially entertainers) because they need the media presence to boost their recognition and interact with fans.

I can’t believe I’m quoting movies to make a point but like men in black said, a person can be smart but people are stupid. And Twitter is basically people in digital form.

Here is my shocked face.

I'm am VERY glad I spent the money for the Cara Dune costume I wanted to start last year, on a Nintendo Switch instead... :lol: :lol: :lol:

That being said...there's talks of her being recast by either Lucy Lawless or Lana Parilla. I personally would go with Lana....mainly because I can pull off her look since I did an Evil Queen Regina costume from OUAT...

Either way, not a loss. I'm on team "this show can coast on Mando and BY forever". And I honestly couldn't give any less of a damn for the Rangers show so...

Get Out Theatre GIF by Tony Awards

Sounds like her talent agency dropped her as well. This was all in her control and she pushed it. Clearly she knew what she was doing and if she wanted to continue to have a career she wouldn’t have done what she did. There are plenty of celebrities who you know nothing about politics-wise and they’ve had long careers. It’s one thing to have a particular viewpoint left or right. It’s another to constantly shout that viewpoint from the digital rooftops.

This is exactly what I mean. It's lopsided. And silence gets you in trouble with twitter folk as well. Look at what happened to Chris Pratt and Kurt Russell, amongst others. The calls to fire Pratt for NOT doing something earned a 'hashtag fire chris pratt' thing.
James Gunn being fired says otherwise.

If humanity is to survive Twitter needs to die a horrible / painful death.

There's enough moral grandstanding in the world. Do we really need another platform for human beings to pat themselves on the back?

If it weren't for the convenience of long range contacts I've made whether it's friends or prop groups, I would have deleted Facebook years ago. I really have to get off there for good at some point.

The research shows what a detrimental effect it has on your brain and it's a career killer for those with no self control.

Last edited:
There’s a lot of what I’d consider false equivalencies being danced around here, but this isn’t the right forum for any debate over that stuff.

Suffice to say, in this case: any sort of casual comparison of the Holocaust to anything else is so clearly a societal minefield that I find it impossible to believe she didn’t consider that this was the likely end result. You just don’t go there. With anything. I think, for whatever reason, she got what she wanted.

And so, the show must go on. I think the much more interesting discussion is: will she be recast, or will she be written off off-screen? I think either could work, but I generally don’t like when roles are recast, unless the new actor looks similar enough to where it’s not immediately obvious a change was made.

This is as close as I'm going to get to it, because politics and banhammer, but she equated the "persecution" far-Right Conservatives and Republicans are dealing with... with the the Jews killed by the Nazis.
I never followed her posts but there is one that is referenced in some articles about the "Jews" and "Nazis." I presume that is the one to which you refer. I guess we will have to agree to disagree because the point she was making in that tweet did not seem as irrationally offensive as one would assume.

So as to respect the rules, I won't make the case here, but, unless I'm looking at the wrong posting, the single tweet in question seemed defensible. Perhaps I am missing a bigger context?

I liked Cara in season 1 so I was willing to wade through what I felt wasn’t great acting at points. Season 2 she felt totally disconnected to me and I won’t lament the loss of her character.

I try to steer very clear of politics here for obvious reasons, but at the end of the day Disney is a business and if they feel something is going to hurt their bottom line they’re empowered to alleviate themselves of that.

I try to steer very clear of politics here for obvious reasons, but at the end of the day Disney is a business and if they feel something is going to hurt their bottom line they’re empowered to alleviate themselves of that.
I agree, but they really should be equal about it, it shouldn't matter which side your comments align with (left or right) or what your ethnic/religious background or sexual preference is, you say something overly political you should be censured and if you continue, fired. Anti-Trump - fired. Anti-Biden-fired.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back