The Mandalorian (TV series)

I thought Rosario looked perfect as Ahsoka, though I’d also agree that the lightsaber ignition was a little repetitive. OTOH, it is kinda hard to sneak around with those things.
As much as I liked her live action debut, I wasn’t as excited as I was to see Bo Katan zoom in, and then to remove her helmet. Maybe it’s because I knew this was coming, while Bo was a complete surprise.

I hadn't considered that. The reason for asking is because I'm trying to understand if the Mandalorian is successful because it's a great show, or is it just good enough because it's vastly superior to the sequels? I only started watching it because I've been hounded by coworkers for over a year and I got sick of being asked about it. That doesn't bode well because I only got on board out of obligation and not genuine interest. Though to its credit it's kept me engaged enough to stick with it so far. I don't think it will ever reach a point of being truly spectacular though I hope I'm wrong.

The reason for asking is because I'm trying to understand if the Mandalorian is successful because it's a great show, or is it just good enough because it's vastly superior to the sequels?

Both. It's way better than the sequels, but it's also a simple, stripped-down adventure show that's a blessed antidote to the overworked, overwrought heavily-serialized "prestige" television we've been getting the past 10+ years, aka the kind of thing that's ruined other franchises that have tried to emulate it *coughStarTrekcoughcough*. Mando is the kind of show that ticks all the boxes of something like Stargate SG-1 or Xena, and it knows that it's trying to be like those sorts of shows, and it (mostly) pulls it off.

This day and age it feels downright audacious for a $100 million plus a season show to dare to be that simple.

I also think it's dumb, but Disney can do whatever they want. As for him not knowing about Jedi, it's not believable. I can buy that there are people in the galaxy who don't know about Jedi, especially after the Purge where you could be jailed or killed for talking about Jedi. What I can't buy is that this guy is Death Watch and he was never told about the other Mandalorians, their sworn enemy and kind of an important thing for members to know, and that they wouldn't know about the Jedi who the Mandalorians have fought against in the past (which is canon now). It's like NATO members not being told about Russia or China.
I've worked with various units in my time, like the PARAs, where the junior ranks couldn't tell you a single thing (not even the name) about their opposite numbers in other forces like Russia or China. In fact many couldn't tell you anything about the Argentine forces that their predecessors gained battle honours against in the 80's.

So it's still not inconceivable that in a far larger scale of the Star Wars Galaxy that Dinn may have heard the name Jedi, but doesn't have a clue about them at all.

Last edited:
Do you think this show would be as well received had the Sequel Trilogy not been so divisive?

I think a lot of people would have been just as equally open-minded about it, as it's the first live-action Star Wars TV series, which a lot of fans had been wanting for years. Do I think it's been well received? I think that probably would have happened anyway, with or without the Sequel Trilogy. But, the fact that the Sequel Trilogy's quality in storytelling was questionable, it's clear a lot of fans had a lot more hope with the show being good than how they did with the films.

Woke jerks of the world pay attention.
(Granted not a lot of them here)​

Watch The Mandalorian to see how strong women are done, or meet my wife.

I would watch a Bo or Ahso show in a heartbeat and I never watched any of the cartoons.

The Magistrate was awesome. Keep her around

Oh yeah, what was the other one. Ya know the one who can kick all our asses and that fact does not bother us at all.???

Oh yeah,..GINA.

All three need their own series or combine them into a female ass kicking trio travelling the galaxy doing good, and I (l like to think of myself as a guys guy, at least not a soyboy) would watch them all. And yes I would imagine what they look like naked because that's what men do!,................................................yes you do you liar.

Also LADIES please note since Gina left fighting she is not a stick and we love it. The girl looks like she allows herself to eat and she is hot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please ladies who are too thin, go eat a cheeseburger.

Personally, I think Clone Wars and Rebels had much better writing than the Sequel Trilogy, which gave me a lot of hope with Filoni on Mando.

And now, seeing the live-action tie-ins, has been really exciting! Chapter 13 opened a whole lot of questions giving the show a ton of possible directions it could go.

Sean

grogu.jpg

I really am optimistic that these last 3 episodes will bring the focus back to the Mando/Child (or Din/Grogu if that's your preference) journey and that we'll have seen the last of the 'backdoor pilots' for a future Disney+ programming lineup. As much as I've loved them and would love to see each taken up as a separate (limited or ongoing) series, I'm curious to see how they will bring the Gideon/Mando conflict back to the foreground and in what ways it will escalate.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back