The Mandalorian (TV series)

I'd much prefer they not mention the OT, PT, ST, CW, or Rebels too much at all but when they do, do it sparingly. I'd just prefer they keep the focus on Mando and not use this show as a vehicle to fix continuity errors. If they intended to do that they might as well release special editions for each trilogy.

My concern is the need to keep this show as its own thing if its going to work or if it's going to last. I think it's greatest strength is that it's trying to branch out. Stop with the member berries. It gets old fast.
Now that I can understand and get behind. I don't mind when it does mention their other shows and movies, but it's definitely a plus to have it stand on its own.

IG.png

Monument to IG-11's bravery in what looks like city center...

I think Gideon is doing his own thing and is not trying to bring back the emperor. I think he is trying to gain force powers himself or create soldiers that do and with that bring a new age to the the empire. One where he might be the head of. I don't think this series will tie into the ST at all.
I agree. From what little of the post Jedi EU that I've seen/read, wasn't there a lot of warlordism going on after the fall of the Empire with all of the various Moffs, governors, fleet commanders, and so on all trying to carve out their own little kingdoms and little to no effort to try to revive the Empire? I wouldn't be all that surprised if Moff Gideon wasn't all that high ranking during the time of the Empire but managed to seize power for himself in the immediate aftermath of the fall and if he is trying to revive the Empire, it's with him as the new Emperor.

Yeah, I think Gideon is a true believer in the empire. And I think a lot of his people, like the folks on the gunships, are true believers too. But I think he's getting around to trying to bring the empire back, the same way a lot of the other warlords are right now. Imperial warlords have to accumulate enough power to both keep that power, and attract other imperial remnants to their cause. They need to show other imperial warlords that they're better off joining up, then trying to fight it out and collect the spoils.

Yeah, I think Gideon is a true believer in the empire. And I think a lot of his people, like the folks on the gunships, are true believers too. But I think he's getting around to trying to bring the empire back, the same way a lot of the other warlords are right now. Imperial warlords have to accumulate enough power to both keep that power, and attract other imperial remnants to their cause. They need to show other imperial warlords that they're better off joining up, then trying to fight it out and collect the spoils.
I agree, but at the same time, I don't that very many of the various Imperial warlords, Gideon included, necessarily believe that the Empire needs to come back with anyone but them at the head, much less a resurrected/cloned Palpatine. I think that the vast majority of them do want a return of the Empire but with them in charge of it as the new Emperor. From what I recall of the EU, there was really one warlord who actually was a true believer to the point of wanting the return of the Empire as it was and, if possible, a resurrected Palpatine at its head, and that was Captain Pellaeon. All of the others were pretty much in it for themselves.

Favreau said before the show even premiered that The Mandalorian would explore the beginnings of the First Order. So, if thats a deal breaker for some of you, then you may as well stop watching now.
That sounds welcoming.

I think most of us are willing to give it a chance and the fact that someone like me is still watching says a lot.

I’m fine with this dabbling in what leads to the ST, I honestly don’t have as big of a problem with the plot itself than with the execution. I’m a filthy cartoon watcher so I also say bring on a bridging series in the NR era that shows what lead to TFA. Maybe it’ll salvage the ST the way TCW did the PT for me.

Ok, I had to laugh at the “there’s no railing“ line by the blue guy. It’s about time someone complained about The Empires lack of proper safety! I am getting a little tired of the “mission of the week” structure, but still enjoy it. Hopefully we’re getting into the meat of the overarching story.
ok, im fully convinced they've been watching too much family guy, i instantly thought blue harvest when he said that,

rail.jpg

but its ok, ive fixed it,(y)

railfix.jpg

Yea, Gideon looks like he's going towards getting bigger better troops. I can't imagine he's working to try and create a "snoke" or even try to resurrect the emperor. He wants dark jedi type guys, or even to just test out the process on others before he uses it on himself. He seems to be trying to run around the rim and collect as much horrifying crap as he can from all the hidden research facilities, before the republic gets to it.

And yea, those dark troopers are going to ruin someone's day. Those look like phase 2 or even phase 3 bots. and while the dark trooper program is unrelated to force users, if Gideon DID end up with force sensitive troopers he could chuck into the dark trooper armor, that would be a steamroller you'd have to drop a starship on to deal with.

anyone recognize his ship? that one looked almost like a clone wars era cruiser with the forked front and larger rear side engines.

That was kind of the original Dark Forces plot - minus the jedi bit. A Moff (i think) was developing dark troopers and you wound up having to to face 3 different levels of them as they were improved/perfected and the final battle was you vs the moff in the ultimate suit.

It was Outcast, I think, where the empire or whatever was left of them making clone force users.

Last edited:
You know, if they pulled a lot from the Dark Forces series for where this show could go long term, I would be very happy. Replace Katarn with Mando; let him be the human underdog that's always crawling though imperial outposts and getting ambushed.

There are way worse inspirations for them to draw from; and mando is already halfway there with his fatalistic comments at times. lol

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back