The Mandalorian (TV series)

I don’t mind a good EU story but to me I process all that like Marvel’s “What if?” comics. They conflict with each other even. Let’s face it Fett doesn’t hold a candle to Din Djarin, a far more interesting character. And I think it important that Fett is clearly depicted as a villain. NOT an anti-hero. The show has a great one already and that is why he is more interesting.

Oh yea, Fett is not a hero in any way. cold and evil. There's a reason why the back ground of star wars ended up with so many completely nonredeemable bounty hunters and villains; it's so they could have character Fett could dick over and you'd still feel good about it. lol

I was never as amazed by Fett personally as so many others were. He had a reputation that we never saw justified on screen. He was a clone that took his dead father’s armor and ship and became a bounty hunter. We never saw him being a “bad” dude. In fact in the ONLY fight we ever saw him engaged in, he died pretty quickly.

He didn’t even really chase down Solo. He just happened to be on cloud city when Vader tested the carbonite chamber and gave him to him.

To me he was an interesting character but I never personally felt he deserved the cult following that he somehow garnered.

I was never as amazed by Fett personally as so many others were. He had a reputation that we never saw justified on screen. He was a clone that took his dead father’s armor and ship and became a bounty hunter. We never saw him being a “bad” dude. In fact in the ONLY fight we ever saw him engaged in, he died pretty quickly.

He didn’t even really chase down Solo. He just happened to be on cloud city when Vader tested the carbonite chamber and gave him to him.

To me he was an interesting character but I never personally felt he deserved the cult following that he somehow garnered.
I agree with most of your points, but he did track and chase Solo to Cloud City. He wasn't already there.

I'd rather they just kept creating new characters as they have done, instead of pushing in Saga or characters from the cartoons

Thats what was special about this show

Throwing in past characters just makes the universe smaller, haven't they learned that

J

I know they will be compelled to do it, but less is more should dominate.

Well we may assume he disintegrated a lot because Vader was all pissy about it. LOL. Perhaps that says a lot that he’s going to take the easy way.

Eh, to be fair, he did do the job he was hired to do: get Luke Skywalker to Vader. Vader was still under the impression that Luke was on the Falcon when he had it captured. When he discovered otherwise, he had to devise a way to get him to Cloud City, i.e. the tortuing Han Solo. Boba Fett was tasked with finding, tracking, and capturing the crew of the Millennium Falcon, which he entirely completed. The fact that Han Solo happened to have a bounty on his head made the job just that much more enticing. He basically makes double bank on one job. He got paid by the Empire to find and capture the Millennium Falcon, and he's paid by Jabba to deliver Han Solo.

Last edited:
Eh, to be fair, he did do the job he was hired to do: get Luke Skywalker to Vader. Vader was still under the impression that Luke was on the Falcon when he had it captured. When he discovered otherwise, he had to devise a way to get him to Cloud City, i.e. the tortuing Han Solo. Boba Fett was tasked with finding, tracking, and capturing the crew of the Millennium Falcon, which he entirely completed. The fact that Han Solo happened to have a bounty on his head made the job just that much more enticing. He basically makes double bank on one job. He got paid by the Empire to find and capture the Millennium Falcon, and he's paid by Jabba to deliver Han Solo.

He’s still a punk!

He was a clone that took his dead father’s armor and ship and became a bounty hunter.
I'll jump in here to point out that Boba's armor isn't Jango's. They're very different, and he would have had to add a lot of material to get it to the ESB state. Easier to just get new armor. Plus he blew up Jango's helmet to try to kill Mace. Besides the fact that the Boba and Jango helmets are almost as different as the Boba and Din helmets. As for Slave I, Aurra stole it from him and crashed it. Boba had it salvaged and rebuilt. I feel he earned that, too.

I'll jump in here to point out that Boba's armor isn't Jango's. They're very different, and he would have had to add a lot of material to get it to the ESB state. Easier to just get new armor. Plus he blew up Jango's helmet to try to kill Mace. Besides the fact that the Boba and Jango helmets are almost as different as the Boba and Din helmets. As for Slave I, Aurra stole it from him and crashed it. Boba had it salvaged and rebuilt. I feel he earned that, too.

Nerd! lol

I have not read all of that expanded universe stuff, I’m talking about strictly the things that I have seen on screen.

Yeah... pretty much all Jango and Boba's helmets have in common is the basic shape and the rangefinder... Also, I'm not convinced Boba's is actually Beskar, given what we've seen Din's armor withstand. That dent in Boba's helmet doesn't seem likely if it was actual beskar.

Nerd! lol
Yup. :D
I have not read all of that expanded universe stuff, I’m talking about strictly the things that I have seen on screen.
No reading required. It's all in Clone Wars.
I do know that Luke’s ANH lightsaber is quite a bit different from ESB.
Yup. More different than that, though. Like, even if it were the same size, which it isn't, one "for instance" is that Boba's collar plate and backplate overlap and lock together with those square nuts. Jango's have a gap about the same as between the rest of the front-torso armor. To make that into Boba's would require adding a good two inches on to each piece. seamlessly and without creating a weak point. Even more drastic, Jango's groin armor stops at about the center point of each thigh. Boba's continues around to the side, where it overlaps with a whole other plate that's missing on Jango. Never mind Jango's thigh, shin, and boot armor. I mean, if you've already got 'em, might as well use 'em. And Boba doesn't.
I'm not convinced Boba's is actually Beskar, given what we've seen Din's armor withstand. That dent in Boba's helmet doesn't seem likely if it was actual beskar.
I feel like Boba's armor plates are "wasters". Soft steel with a gel backing to absorb the kinetic energy of an impact and keep it from transferring through to him. Like what modern soldiers wear, but thinner and more swarzy. The idea of an invulnerable super-metal has always made me cringe. Doesn't matter if it can withstand a turbolaser blast if the energy of the blast still turns your bones to powder and liquifies your organs. Won't matter to you that your armor's still pristine. :p Mine's made out of ordinary terrestrial 16-gauge stainless steel and has (accidentally) had a car back over it without it noticing. Could make it out of titanium if I really wanted to, but why? Mild steel with anti-ballistic gel, stainless, titanium -- all are just fine for armor to do what it's supposed to.

As regards the helmet, same thing applies. I'm less than thrilled about the showdown between him and Cad Bane, which shows where the dent comes from. The amount of energy to knock in a crater like that, if you're wearing it, your neck is snapped by the impact. I was always happier with the notion it was scavenged off a dead guy -- with a broken neck from that headshot.

I'm conflicted on this issue, and have always been since the beginning. On the one hand, ever since 1977, I considered Star Wars to be about Luke, Vader, etc. I didn't give a rat's ass about the back story behind Hammerhead, Ice Cream man, Boba Fett, or anybody else really. I mean, really, who the F cares?

And yet, at the same time really enjoyed when something happened that tied things together. I honestly don't know where I stand on this point. For instance, I really don't give a crap about The Clone Wars stuff, but I do like certain things that relate or tie in with the actual saga. Some of the stuff with Maul, Kenobi, The Emperor, stuff like that. All the rest just seems like filler stuff to me. I just don't find all that other stuff interesting. As far as TCW I never gave a flying fart about any of that Mandalorian stuff. I found it all just boring as hell. Give me the crap that actually related to Star Wars.

On the other hand, I love The Mandalorian. Yet, like most of you, I don't want everything in the galaxy to all be connected. Personally, I don't want to see Fett. Yet, if done right, maybe so. I just don't know....Maybe, maybe not. I'll decide as it hits me.

I can't stand people who say "This is what Star Wars is and it is a fact." I thank God the day Wook was banned. Don't ever mention SWIQ to me again... High fulootin' m'fer.

Yea, agreed. They're all just stories. I really liked the EU stuff, but none of it is "fact". It's like comic books; some of the stories go together, some go with other stories, some don't quite fit, and others can't possibly coincide in the same universe.

They can all still be fun.

I think I just realized something about fans of Star Wars...

You say "Star Wars" to one person, they're thinking the first movie.

You say it to another, it's the OT.

To another, it's the films & the films alone.

Then to some, it's the 'world' that Lucas started. It's immersion in everything, from the in-world tech, to the locations of various planets & whether a species is indigenous. Then amongst those, it's broken into even MORE levels.

When you have all these layers & levels of love for a franchise, it's REALLY hard to have a meeting of the minds in a discussion. I say that here, because I think this show is ultimately going to be building to something...& I think it's going to be something BIG. Something that will reach across all the different levels of fans, & when I enjoy something, I really want others to enjoy it as well. Might be naive of me, but that's just me.

As far as where I think the show could go, I think of FIREFLY. Had it gone to plan, there'd been a few seasons starting with a simple man, with a simple ship, & a simple crew, just trying to make a simple living, to a final story that changes everything in the Universe.

I don't have a solution, but I think they're all valid feelings about Star Wars.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back