The Mandalorian (TV series)

Was watching ep 3 of The Gallery on Disney+.... did Jon give a little slip around 2:16 when he was talking about Boba's inspiration from The Man with No Name? After mentioning the spur sound associated with Boba, he says "...that was the gunfighter deconstructed-" he then raises his eyebrows as if he realized he made a whoopsie and then amends himself "- gunfighter iconography".

While at this point I think we all assume that to be Boba with the recent casting news, when this was filmed I doubt that was public. Maybe me just reading into it? But I thought it was funny to see his expression given the name of the episode in question was "Gunslinger".

Eh. Maybe he was concerned with it, but I don't think it's a big deal. He was explaining the lineage of the Mandalorian look. How Mando was based off Fett, and how Fett was a product of a deconstructed western gun slinger.

The episode even had 2 gunslingers in it, the upstart bounty hunter, and Mando.

My prediction for season two is Boba Fett will appear early in the series, take the child away from the Mandalorian, and is set to return him to Moff Gideon.

As the Mandalorian goes to retrieve him, he is aided by Asoka Tano as he needs her help to retrieve him from the dark saber wielding Gideon.

My prediction for season two is Boba Fett will appear early in the series, take the child away from the Mandalorian, and is set to return him to Moff Gideon.

As the Mandalorian goes to retrieve him, he is aided by Asoka Tano as he needs her help to retrieve him from the dark saber wielding Gideon.

One can only hope!

Is it official somewhere? I've only seen speculation.
I guess no more official than the other 'leaks', but I'm seeing it posted all over.

I think there's a leap in logic, because the only thing that seems to be 'confirmed', is that he was in the costume. The character speculation comes from the character in the AFTERMATH novels.

As far as anyone knows, Favreau could be throwing a curve by bringing in some of the 'LEGACY' characters that could fill the role.

IDK... Good Star Wars to me is just good Star Wars. I'm not hung up on them bringing in characters that I'm not familiar with, just because I've chosen to not see a particular facet of the storytelling. The idea of "I didn't see it, therefore it doesn't exist for me" is asinine to me.

Either way, I'm a fan of Olyphant's work, so I'm looking forward to seeing what they do.

Was watching ep 3 of The Gallery on Disney+.... did Jon give a little slip around 2:16 when he was talking about Boba's inspiration from The Man with No Name? After mentioning the spur sound associated with Boba, he says "...that was the gunfighter deconstructed-" he then raises his eyebrows as if he realized he made a whoopsie and then amends himself "- gunfighter iconography".

While at this point I think we all assume that to be Boba with the recent casting news, when this was filmed I doubt that was public. Maybe me just reading into it? But I thought it was funny to see his expression given the name of the episode in question was "Gunslinger".

An ‘intentional’ slip. Had it been a serious slip, that part would have been on the editing room floor.

Got this little guy delivered to my door today. Hope no unseemly types come looking for him.

EYa2nwTXQAA0ODV?format=jpg.jpg

Gotta tell ya, maybe I'm a lone voice shouting into the wind, but I wish they had left Fett out of this show. Concerned that he's going to take the focus off the main lead, who, in my opinion I'm more interested in.

And where was Asoka Tano during the entire original trilogy?
Well, you see, much like TROS, the Mandalorian now has to be packed with what the studio thinks fans want, rather than crafting a lean story that could possibly introduce new things that people might like. Remember Wedge? Remember Freddie Prinze, Jr.? Remember Lando? Remember the medals from ANH? Remember B-Wings? Remember Seven Samurai? Remember the episode of Clone Wars that was just Seven Samurai? Gotta put them in because people didn’t like it when SW did something new.

Gotta tell ya, maybe I'm a lone voice shouting into the wind, but I wish they had left Fett out of this show. Concerned that he's going to take the focus off the main lead, who, in my opinion I'm more interested in.
So far I have seen nothing saying he's in. Tem Morrison has purportedly been cast (all online articles ultimately lead back to The Hollywood Reporter, but we have nothing from LFL that I've seen), and the only thing tying him to playing Boba is "sources", per THR. All I have to say to that is:

1589953902916.png

Boba's about 42 at this point. Even with hard living, I don't think he should look nearly 60. Cost-wise, it makes more sense to me to use make-up to age Daniel Logan a bit than to digitally de-age Tem. I'm one of those who feels it's far more likely he's back as Rex, especially given Ahsoka's presence. And speaking of...
Rebels ended very shortly before Rogue One and Star Wars. Days or weeks, maybe. Last we saw of Ahsoka she had gotten separated from Ezra in the World Between Worlds inside the Jedi Temple. In evading the Emperor's attacks, she ended up on Malachor, before ultimately finding another portal back to the World Between Worlds. We have no idea how long that took in real-time, or what other adventures she might have had between then and when we see her arrive on Lothal shortly after Return of the Jedi to meet up with Sabine and go looking for Ezra. I expect we'll find out more at some point -- maybe even in The Mandalorian.

Honestly if Fett's not just in flashbacks, I'll seriously reconsider sticking with the show. He's dead in ROTJ. He was a villian Lucas meant to die and he went out like a chump at the hands of Han Solo. (Solo who was simply handed over to Fett by the way, not like he even had to capture him.) There's been a bit too much of dead characters coming back and fan service doesn't everyone think?

Honestly if Fett's not just in flashbacks, I'll seriously reconsider sticking with the show. He's dead in ROTJ. He was a villian Lucas meant to die and he went out like a chump at the hands of Han Solo. (Solo who was simply handed over to Fett by the way, not like he even had to capture him.)
Parenthetical first: Yes, Han was handed over to Boba... After Boba had tracked the Falcon long enough to determine its destination, called in his employer, Darth Vader, so they could get their prize and pay him. It's impressive enough he negotiated with Vader to get Solo afterward, so he could double-dip by delivering him to Jabba. Ruthless pragmatism.
There's been a bit too much of dead characters coming back and fan service doesn't everyone think?
Yes. But Boba was first. His emergence from the sarlacc pit was covered almost immediately in the Marvel comics, then retold in novels and later comics. Boba not dying in ROTJ is one of the things so repeated in the EU, it's tacitly carried over to the new canon. Might as well accept it.

Yea, EU had Fett alive for a really long time. One of my favorite EU short stories even covered the deaths of Han and Fett. Han was an old man, his kids were grown, Liea was in politics, Chewy had passed away. Han decided to go relive some of his youth, and flew to Nar Shadda. He and Fett walked past each other on the street, each did a double take, spun around to face each other, then shot each other dead. (this was all prior to the Vuzan Vong books coming out)

I never minded that Fett got "punked". It seemed kind of fitting that the only way he really could be defeated at the time, was just plain old fashioned bad luck.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back