The Mandalorian (TV series)

Oh great. I guess Filoni couldn’t get it out of his system with two TV shows and a revival of the first for a last season. EVERYTHING Star Wars just has to have these same freakin’ characters. Just have to keep throwing in the same two cartoon characters that a general audience doesn’t even know exist, and that I personally wish had never existed in the first place. Doesn’t matter that you had what, six seasons with these characters in Clone Wars? And then what, another two or three in Rebels? And then, Kathleen Kennedy smiled down on you and bequeathed another season of Clone Wars? But no. Not enough. These two characters just have to get shoved into everything new. And it’s funny. I see so many who have said “Oh, I hope they don’t bring Boba Fett back, that would take away from the focus of the show.” But almost no one bats an eye at the possibility of their beloved Captain Rex making yet another comeback in THE EXACT SAME WAY as the last time he did. The first season of the Mandalorian gave me a just a little bit of hope that someone out there understood SW even a little. But everything that’s been talked about for season 2 really makes me understand Star Wars fatigue more and more. I just want it to be done at this point. It’s clear that it’s been warped beyond recognition and has too much baggage to ever be what it was again.

EXACTLY my feelings,...well said

J

Personally, I hope if Boba shows up they use Daniel Logan. He's really grown into it. Just make sure he has a good director. Tem showing up needs to be either Rex or some other ageing clone (or multiple clones). Rex makes the most sense, given Ahsoka's role as Fulcrum in Rebels and sending Our Heroes to Rex and Co. and all of that. Given where Rebels left off -- post ROTJ, everything hunky-dory on Mandalore, and Sabine and Ahsoka setting off to find Ezra, this is a couple years later than that and Ahsoka's showing up here. We have no idea whether it's a one-off crossing of paths or a perma-merger for the rest of the series. But given Sabine left the darksaber with Bo-Katan, Moff Gideon turning up with it I can see attracting her/their attention.

I can't shake the feeling the Purge of Mandalore was part of Palpatine's Contingency. Which would make it recent.

Here are few images of my custom "The Child" figure made by sctcarts here in TheRPF:

49876193062_58fbe2ea25_b.jpg
_DSC7812-2 by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

49875891646_95257650c2_b.jpg
_DSC7772-2 by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

49875894981_6e730cfc5f_b.jpg
_DSC7753-2 by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

49876204912_a4d2cb534e_b.jpg
_DSC7744-2 by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

49876208357_d382db398f_b.jpg
_DSC7728-2 by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

:D

Here are few images of my custom "The Child" figure made by sctcarts here in TheRPF:

View attachment 1296807_DSC7812-2 by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

View attachment 1296808_DSC7772-2 by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

View attachment 1296809_DSC7753-2 by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

View attachment 1296810_DSC7744-2 by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

View attachment 1296811_DSC7728-2 by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

:D
WOW...I absolutely love that face sculpt. To me, it looks a little more serious than any way I remember him looking in the series.

News of an actor/character showing up in mandalorian season 2 just dropped. figured I'd put it in spoilers in case folks would rather try to avoid knowing stuff until the show hits streaming.

I am beyond pumped to see where this goes. Hopefully ______ will be a big part of the story line and not just a cameo

I am beyond pumped to see where this goes. Hopefully ______ will be a big part of the story line and not just a cameo
Either IGN or The Hollywood Reporter, I can't remember which, said he was a "small" part of season 2, but I've also read reports that he's going to be revealed as THE big bad of the overall series.

I saw this the other day and holy hell I'm excited to see how they use these characters..some of my favorite SW characters.. My wife also is loving it.

watch the second and you'll feel even more uncomfortable for Kennedy.

Obviously trying to get some airtime and ownership of Faverau's show.

You are not kidding! She doesn’t even follow instructions, Favreau explains let’s say something about george starting this way and continue to the next person, as he points to the person next to him and uses his finger to indicate counter clockwise rotation

... KK just randomly speaks up and gives her story.. after her babble, he then points to the person next to him and the counter clockwise turns start..

She but in alone during that table talk..

I'll be the voice that tickles some & trigger others, again...

'Sources' are confirming that Katee Sackhoff will portray Bo Katan in season 3. Reports are that she filmed her scenes in February.

Last edited:
We recently strted to watch TCW with the kids. Needless to say that my son loves it. And I will burn in hell for showing him material inapropriate for his age. I honest to god did not look at the age recommendations and did wonder why a lot of deaths and violent lightsaber kills were shown! That being said I do toy with the thought of showing him Mandalorian.

I love Dave Filonis work, I like the guy and I love seeing old characters making cameos. It would be neat to see if probably Dave Fiolini has followed his own little hidden agenda all these years and tells us a more interesting story about the characters Ahsoka Tano and Captain Rex. Or Jedi. Or Mandos. Tying everything neatly and gently together, no retconning or force feeding. Just fun story telling.

I did find my love for Star Wars again because of the works of Dave Filoni, for the whole Star Wars universe and niches therein.

I’m not hating, but why the hell do they keep announcing these characters? Like no surprises anymore?

I’m a huge ahsoka fan, though I was really excited to hear she was in season 2, I immediately felt pissed because I would have loved not knowing and then being surprised on screen..

Then we get the announcement if possible rex or fett.. and now Bo?!?

What is going on?! Why do they keep doing this!?

And I don’t want to hear “leaks” because if they want it a secret they’ll keep it a secret.. that little green gizmo is a prime example..

Just wish there wasn’t so many announcements, they don’t need to make these announcements to draw fans in

Pretty sure mando is the only thing keeping Star Wars afloat right now for Disney..

I’m not hating, but why the hell do they keep announcing these characters? Like no surprises anymore?

I’m a huge ahsoka fan, though I was really excited to hear she was in season 2, I immediately felt pissed because I would have loved not knowing and then being surprised on screen..

And I don’t want to hear “leaks” because if they want it a secret they’ll keep it a secret.. that little green gizmo is a prime example..

Just wish there wasn’t so many announcements, they don’t need to make these announcements to draw fans in

Pretty sure mando is the only thing keeping Star Wars afloat right now for Disney..
I think it's a prime example of where the 'business' people overrule the creators.

I don't think any writer would come up with an incredible ending or story point, then be ok with that tidbit being plastered all over the book jacket or in the marketing. A publisher, on the other hand, would be fine with it if they thought it would sell more books

I'm sure if either the Bad Batch, or the 2 sisters from the first 2 TCW arcs were to appear in season 2, it'd be kept under wraps, but since Ahsoka & Bo were in the arc that was lauded as much as it was, that's going to be announced in neon from the mountaintop. It's an attempt to pull in another level of viewership that will, IMO, be miniscule.

Anyone that would be excited about the news of either of these characters would be watching the show anyways. I kinda get the reason Boba was 'announced', since he's considered a 'Legacy' character, but again, it's angering more of your audience than pulling in more new viewers.

Exactly how I'm feeling. The more I hear about s2, the more annoyed I get. These premature reveals belittle any remaining shock value and are just used to draw us in...but we're already here. Casual Star Wars fans who haven't seen the animated shows aren't even familiar with these characters, so it's not like that's going to draw them in.

It's such a shame that the first outing of any TV show/movie is the only opportunity for real secrecy and surprise. As soon as something is a 'success', people become incapable of waiting and have to know things beforehand. Like, have some patience. And marketing, stop using these cheap early 'reveals' to generate hype. Find a more creative way to excite people that doesn't ruin the experience of the story.

I swear, if Empire Strikes Back came out in the last 5 years, we would have know about the Vader reveal months before release. Smh

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back