The Mandalorian (TV series)

Re: Live Action Star Wars Series

untitled-3.jpg

EDIT: Oh snap! Don;t know how I missed your post Guri! LOL. I agree:)

I knew I couldn't be the only one! :)

Keep in mind that they've been building that new "sandcrawler" shaped building for animation and Fx in Singapore. Theres also been rumors that another Lucasfilm animation and Fx house may be established in Vancouver Canada.

So theres demand for work, but it might be outsourced due to costs.

WHY you ask? Revenue. $$ from CLONE WARS Cartoon probably doesn't pay for the CATERING at the PRECIDIO, I wonder what the PROPERTY TAXES are running.

EVIDENCE: Friends who work there, who are in the know. Other friends who ALSO work there, getting LAID OFF because they are BROKE.
QUOTE]

If those are friends in San Fran, then I don't think they have anything to do with the CW, do they? Isn't the series entirely out of the Singapore studio and Lucas Animation rather than ILM? Are your friends at ILM, or LFL, or LA, or SWS...alot of businesses involved under the Lucasfilm banner, and LA in particular seems to be shedding everything involved in development and becoming just a publisher/distributor. Sad, but by no means suggesting that LFL is "broke".

I actually think judging by the ratings it's pulling in at CN, the fact that they have no idea on what will be the "final" season, the amount of merchandise rolling out of Hasbro, Rubies, what have you, CW is doing booming business for Lucas Animation, and yeah, the really rumors are expansion of both Lucas Animation and a Canadian studio for ILM in Vancouver (wouldn't be terribly odd, as Disney has also moved up here, as have EA and others - timing could be better as the greenback is struggling against the CAD, but likely to have been in the works for a while now).

As far as the TV series, I actually hope we do not see Han and Chewie. Yes fans would love to see this stuff, but LFL's track record when it comes to expanding on fan-favorite characters is not exactly stellar (baby Boba, really?). I'd rather see the formation of the rebellion and all new characters rather than risk them screwing up the "cool" factor of beloved characters.

With all the Star Wars news, whatever happened to this project?

This began with George prior to the Disney acquisition. I wouldn't be surprised to see a live action Disney produced show some time in the future.

With all the Star Wars news, whatever happened to this project?

They did a crap load of script writing, started (test)shooting, doing VFX tests and eventually came to the conclusion that it would be (at the time)too expensive and shelved it. Hopefully they will return to it :)

Yeah, but I'd be surprised if it's the same thing George dreamed up. That project died a while ago.

With almost 100% certainty. The content that they have might be fodder for books or games or even more animation. But I think Disney will be more inclined to create live action TV that will be supportive of the new films.

Could also use it to fill in 'their' canon for between VI and VIII too. That's 30 years of open space for them.

That, or we could get Lucasfilm's Agents of the Republic to go along with the new flicks since they're trying to pattern it off marvel it seems :)

Could also use it to fill in 'their' canon for between VI and VIII too. That's 30 years of open space for them.

That, or we could get Lucasfilm's Agents of the Republic to go along with the new flicks since they're trying to pattern it off marvel it seems :)

You heard it here first :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back