The Lone Ranger (2013)

Actually I had to double check the director because as soon as I saw Helena Bonham Carter, I thought it was done by Tim burton

I was just going to say the same thing. I didn't know Burton directed this.

Trailer did nothing for me in terms of excitement for this movie. It is probably something I'll get on demand........Maybe.

The thrown bullet. Do you reckon he'll catch it in slow-mo and put it in the gun to kill the final bad guy, or actually catch it IN the gun and kill the final bad guy?

I can see them doing a big slow-mo arc swinging the empty gun with the cylinder out, and the tossed bullet going in there, as it's moving. I hate it, but I can see it.

I thought the exact same thing when I saw this clip. I felt my jaw clinch up and my eyes started rolling back into my head.

I'm putting my money on the bullet being caught directly into an empty chamber.

Re: The Lone Ranger

Yeah the fact that they didn't hire a real Native American put me off this movie. Sadly it'll probably end up being like the other movies based on old franchises and be a pale comparison.

Looked good to me. I'm looking forward to seeing Depp playing Tonto as a badass. Might be good for a laugh or two also.

There will be some flack from some of the inevitable groups complaining that they gave an American Indian role to a caucasian - even one of JD's scope - but I am so tired of the P.C. clique I don't really give a crap anymore. Bring it on.

Sorry for the duplicate thread post - I swear I checked first - lol...guess the 2013 in the title threw off my search.

I just can't get on board with this....why these old franchises are being served on the big screen so poorly just doesn't make sense to me.

Green Hornet - Fail
Miami Vice - Fail
A-Team - ...ok...
Lone Ranger - ???

A-Team was massive fail but thats just, like, my opinion man.

To add to the Native American thing, im 6'2", blond hair and blue eyes yet my grandfather was full blooded Native American. The guy was a 280 pound tank yet my German grandma, all 4'9" and 88 pounds of her is blond and blue, lol.

Looked good to me. I'm looking forward to seeing Depp playing Tonto as a badass. Might be good for a laugh or two also.

There will be some flack from some of the inevitable groups complaining that they gave an American Indian role to a caucasian - even one of JD's scope - but I am so tired of the P.C. clique I don't really give a crap anymore. Bring it on.

My thoughts exactly. I'm looking forward to it.
And for the record I liked the Green Hornet and the A-Team. I guess I'm more forgiving than others.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back