The Fifth Element ZORG Industries ZF1 build thread

A friend of mine had his original shell casting laser scanned and I’ve been cleaning up the model in Zbrush, using the scanned mesh as a highly accurate guide. This is the result so far.

D04A2741-DED9-471C-974B-32084755B622.jpeg

I’ll be chopping the model up and making it fit my hybrid ZF1’s. This will effectively make it 100% accurate for size and shape, and a fraction of the cost of fibreglassing into a mould.

So will you be able to offer shells?

As a proud owner of one of your ZF-1s I want a shell to sit next to it.

The only shell I have found was out of my price range.

IMG_4618.JPEG

Some water decals I have had made. These go on the side of the yellow rocket tip and the side of the 'blue torch' mount. I haven't tried them on the PLA parts yet, but will hopefully work. They're really good and thin.

I am pretty sure the rocket is a standard Estes Bullpup model rocket kit still available with decals as above. (I have a 3" diameter version)

Looking forward to building one of these myself at some point. Great job on all the files and research! Definitely the most awesome movie weapon of all time!

I am pretty sure the rocket is a standard Estes Bullpup model rocket kit still available with decals as above. (I have a 3" diameter version)

Looking forward to building one of these myself at some point. Great job on all the files and research! Definitely the most awesome movie weapon of all time!

Absolutely the rocket is a Estes Bullpup. However if I'm going to be creating numerous kits of the ZF1 then I do not want to be buying £25 rocket models for every unit, solely for the decals! That's why I have had these made ;)

F0E004CA-2F46-43A1-A4EA-2312DE239791.jpeg

605FC0A9-B10D-4C9E-B208-D136E21FB967.jpeg

B4DEFD04-CC15-41F7-A9C0-BE797D6E1437.jpeg

002DBF76-311B-4989-A760-9B9363D567C1.jpeg

My latest ZF1 now has an aluminium ‘horizontal frame’, as opposed to a printed one.

I realised I could design and print accurate bending jigs to allow me to bend the 1.2mm aluminium to exactly the correct angles, which not only saves me hours of printing time but also creates a better looking replica.

I think they’re looking pretty smart!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back