The Fifth Element ZORG Industries ZF1 build thread

Thank you everyone!

Really excited to finally have this video created and uploaded to the web.

Similar to the last video I posted on this thread, this is a quick (3.5 minutes) of the entire build process of the metal, electronic and printed components of my ZF1's. It gives you an understanding of how this prop builds up in layers of detail and generally how awesome it is!

Thanks for looking!

Jake

Thank you everyone!

Really excited to finally have this video created and uploaded to the web.

Similar to the last video I posted on this thread, this is a quick (3.5 minutes) of the entire build process of the metal, electronic and printed components of my ZF1's. It gives you an understanding of how this prop builds up in layers of detail and generally how awesome it is!

Thanks for looking!

Jake
mesmerizing and amazing. loved it.

Posted this in Eethan's thread so I thought it could go here as well. I was so grateful to Jake for this amazing piece, both in it's quality and incredible price. Then I thought,...

I should really blame Jake and Eethan for my shrunken bank account. Since a ZF-1 was out of reach financially I did not want to get any other 5th Element props. Then I was able to snag one of Jake's first two ZF-1 pieces and I went on a 5th element bender. Brand new Korbin Dallas blaster, RussRep Mangalore Grenade, Trophies, Keys, Multi Passes, ZF-1 remote, Cigarettes' dispenser,..oh my.

Beautiful animation, as a product design engineer I can appreciate how much work went just into the exploded diagrams.

Pics of a ZF-1 I've just finished. She's a beaut!

IMG_2579.jpg

IMG_2580.JPEG
IMG_2584.JPEG

I'm working on building a flat packable wall mount for my ZF-1. This will enable me to hang it on the wall in my workshop/office!

1682373877822.png

Similar to those aluminium office shelving systems you can purchase, the arms will hook onto the backplate. The whole lot will be laser/plasma cut in 3mm steel and then potentially powder coated black. The ZORG logo will be a piece of white gloss perspex..

1682374273667.png

The front arm sits just below the icer and flamer section of the prop. I have radiused the edges to prevent snagging on the paint work. These may also receive some foam edging to protect the ZF-1 further.

1682374098438.png

The rear arm will sit just underneath the scope. Both arms sit directly onto the main two upright frames of the prop, for maximum security.

1682374218583.png

Thanks for looking! More updates soon.

Steel turned up this morning. This will be powder coated gloss black to stop rust but I thought I'd test fit it all anyway. There will also be a gloss white backing panel behind the lettering.

04539730-7EBA-4343-BFB6-D81A86762905.jpeg

3AA919BD-9A68-47CD-ACE0-A62C091A98ED.jpeg

AB95F836-F7C8-4814-BDE4-2135238A677C.jpeg

08C3607E-4702-44D3-859C-7DEFD84E56FF.jpeg

The wall mount is holding my original ZF-1 which weighs about 10kg, 2.5 times heavier then the newer versions I create. Works very nicely!!

Steel turned up this morning. This will be powder coated gloss black to stop rust but I thought I'd test fit it all anyway. There will also be a gloss white backing panel behind the lettering.

View attachment 1695687

View attachment 1695688

View attachment 1695691

View attachment 1695690

The wall mount is holding my original ZF-1 which weighs about 10kg, 2.5 times heavier then the newer versions I create. Works very nicely!!

A yellow background where the Zorg industries is and gloss black arms would also look cool to match the crates.

The Fifth Element 1997 UHDBRRip 2160p TrueHd 7.1 Atmos H265-d3g.mkv_snapshot_00.51.48_[2023.04...png

I have to say, I would have done the actuators alot different, HOWEVER !!!..... You did it, and i'm just commenting from the safety of my desk, not having built a ZF-1, so, major congrats to you SIR!

PS. Don't forget, cordless drill parts are cheap but very powerful. I use alot of cordless drill motors/planetary gear reduction turning ACME threaded rods. Surpluscenter.com for acme threaded rods and other stuff.

We got the bits back from the powder coaters and they look fantastic. Nice and industrial and heavy duty! The button head screws will be replaced with black versions.

Thanks to N2darkness for the yellow background idea..
IMG_2996.JPEG

IMG_2997.JPEG

White background too..

IMG_2998.JPEG
IMG_2999.JPEG

Finally, pictures of the ZF-1 sitting on its new wall mount!

IMG_3002.JPEG
IMG_3003.JPEG
IMG_3004.JPEG

I will be making these available for purchase in the Project Run section of the forum.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back