The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

At one point i ran into a bug that made all of my weapon hits or magic non working on the dragon that i was attacking. I had to run away and fast travel to a town and then when i went back i was able to hurt it.

BTW, I have a question - When enchanting items, is dissenchanting other items the only way to get an enchantment, or can you produce an enchantment from scratch?
All enchantments have to be learned by disenchanting an item with that enchantment already on it.

I would sometimes wait until I knew I could create a better one than the one I had. For example, the Smithing enchantment. I had some gloves I'd picked up with "Fortify Smithing" on them, and I used them for quite a while until my Enchanting was high enough that the new gloves I would make would be stronger (+15 instead of +10 or whatever). Only then did I disenchant the gloves and make new ones.

I've made some dumb mistakes in crafting now and then, too. I was using an Ebony mace at the time, and decided to craft a stronger one since my enchanting and blacksmithing had gone up, and I had all kinds of potions and stuff. So I drank up my potions and crafted a beautiful new mace.. that had exactly the same stats as my old mace.

"But why?" I asked myself, "Shouldn't it have been stronger?"

"Yes." said the haughty voice in the back of my head, "And it would have been... if you had remembered to put on your über-Fortify-Smithing gear... *******."

In short, I wasted a bunch of ebony ore because I forgot to actually use everything I had that would have made the thing kick-ass.

Not to worry, though.. the Daedric mace I'm using now is downright insane.

Jeez, tonight I was fighting two ghosts, a Mage and a couple of droughs.
I was cornered so I went into my potions to see what I had. I decided to use the invisibility potion so I could slip out of the corner. I took the potion, saw myself dissapear and then when I resumed the game I reappeared again and got my ass kicked.

What the hell?

All enchantments have to be learned by disenchanting an item with that enchantment already on it.

I would sometimes wait until I knew I could create a better one than the one I had. For example, the Smithing enchantment. I had some gloves I'd picked up with "Fortify Smithing" on them, and I used them for quite a while until my Enchanting was high enough that the new gloves I would make would be stronger (+15 instead of +10 or whatever). Only then did I disenchant the gloves and make new ones.

I've made some dumb mistakes in crafting now and then, too. I was using an Ebony mace at the time, and decided to craft a stronger one since my enchanting and blacksmithing had gone up, and I had all kinds of potions and stuff. So I drank up my potions and crafted a beautiful new mace.. that had exactly the same stats as my old mace.

"But why?" I asked myself, "Shouldn't it have been stronger?"

"Yes." said the haughty voice in the back of my head, "And it would have been... if you had remembered to put on your über-Fortify-Smithing gear... *******."

In short, I wasted a bunch of ebony ore because I forgot to actually use everything I had that would have made the thing kick-ass.

Not to worry, though.. the Daedric mace I'm using now is downright insane.
LOL!!!!! I know exactly what you mean, it's happened to me with armour, weapons and enchanting. I've taken to saving before i do anything like crafting.

Still no 1.4 patch.....i'm bummed out because i still have a page of broken quests......

Found the Luke/Wampa cave Easter egg yesterday...wasn't that impressed and wouldn't have made the connection if my son hadn't told me about it.

My Conjuration only works when i'm in danger.....i can't up it by simply binding weapons and such. Yet my son says he can....is it my character class or something?

Rich

You can only level magic by using it effectively. For bound weapons, it probably has to be in combat. Just like Destruction can only be leveled by hitting enemies rather than rocks, and Restoration will only improve if you actually heal yourself from an injured state rather than full health. Basically, the magic has to actually do something in order to count toward leveling the skill.

You can only level magic by using it effectively. For bound weapons, it probably has to be in combat. Just like Destruction can only be leveled by hitting enemies rather than rocks, and Restoration will only improve if you actually heal yourself from an injured state rather than full health. Basically, the magic has to actually do something in order to count toward leveling the skill.

Except for illusion the muffle spell levels up like no tomorrow lmao. But you are correct with conjuration though. Only in combat also try mixing it up with weapons and animals ect ect.

Sent from my MZ604 using Tapatalk

Yeah, that's what i'd gathered. Makes it fair i suppose.....

Rich

I'll admit it: I'm addicted. I've been playing ever since I got it at Christmas. I was lucky that there was still a few collector's editions available. Aside from glitches every now and then (and a lot of freezing) I love this game. Definitely one of my favorites.

I'm ridiculously addicted as well. Been playing as a Nord warrior and put in 80 hours or so. And I'm not even halfway through with the main storyline. Just been doing random quests that pop up and trying to level up and increase my stats. (level 42 so far with 93 one-handed and 94 smithing).

I was thinking of buying the PC version to install on my laptop to play on the go with a more magic-focused, evil character. :facepalm

Love this game - got it for Christmas and haven't touched another game since then. I'm playing as a Nord at level 35 and doing tons of side quests. I think overall I've put in 90 hours or so. Great game :)

Is this a glitch or some wierd ability I gained? -
I'm right in front of the entrance to Blind Cliff Cave, I'm on my horse and in the cobble stone road facing north. I press the Horse jump button and the horse leaps back about 50 yards.
Does it every time. Is this normal?

Just completed an Elemental quest and got the highest Destruction spells possible. I LOVE Lighting Storm!!! The charge up wait for it sucks, but once you start firing off a blast of lightning and lock onto your target, watching it's HP drop like a rock is KICKASS!!!

Just completed an Elemental quest and got the highest Destruction spells possible. I LOVE Lighting Storm!!! The charge up wait for it sucks, but once you start firing off a blast of lightning and lock onto your target, watching it's HP drop like a rock is KICKASS!!!

Hell yea dude I got it the other day also! Kill a dragon in 10 seconds with the one spell! Had a little bit of trouble with the charge up myself . Specially if you get hit befor its ready lol

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back