The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Was that not the BETA patch? I have not seen anything about the "real" patch.
Ah, i suppose it could have been.....although, seems a bit daft releasing a Beta on PC....then the full thing on consoles? Maybe because there's so many permutations of PC it takes longer?

Rich

Huh.. I can't launch Skyrim, when I try I get 'this game is currently unavailable' I don't seem to be getting a patch. I'm on a PC, any idea why it wouldn't be launching?

I've had this problem before with other games ran through Steam. It's not an issue with the game, it's an issue with the Steam client. Usually logging out of Steam, closing/restarting, and logging back in fixes that issue for me. Maybe give that a try? Sounds simple, but it's worth a shot.

I figured it out last night. I had to go to the forums for it, but it seems the Steam client corrupts itself spontaneously at times and you have to find a file in the Steam app folder called Clientlauncher.blob and rename it so the client recreates the file. When it does that my Skyrim launched with no problems.

The real patch definitely came out.. I'm not opted in for any betas on Steam, and I got 1.4 over a week ago. Got the hi-res pack a couple days ago.

THAT's the ending???? There's no ending celebration, or cut scene, or anything else? Just 'the dragon's dead, all hail the dragonborn' and THATS IT?????

Never playing another Elder Scroll again.

Well, if you didn't like that ending, don't play Mass Effect 3! People hate the endings so much, there's actually a movement underway to get Bioware to come up with new ones.

That's hardly an ending for Skyrim. It's no different than the end of any other fight. This should have had an ending similar to Fallout that showed how your effects on the world. Instead, you kill Alduin, they say 'great job!' and you get a new Shout and that's it. I heard about the ME3 endings, but at least something happens at the end. This was so anticlimactic that it's pathetic.

Yeah, it was so pathetic that I didn't even realize it was 'the end' when it happened. I still had the Stormcloak-Imperial war to deal with, and a bunch of other tasks, so I just kept going, thinking maybe some phenomenal conclusion was still to come. But, it never happened.

Not hating on Skyrim here, though. Even with the non-ending ending, it was still a great game to play. And I'm sure there will be some DLC coming along soon to feed my addiction...

I think what we're supposed to take out of the ending (or rather, lack thereof) is that a hero's work is never done. Life goes on, there are other battles to be fought, blahdy blahdy blah...

... And that all game are made better with DLC's.

I think what we're supposed to take out of the ending (or rather, lack thereof) is that a hero's work is never done. Life goes on, there are other battles to be fought, blahdy blahdy blah...

... And that all game are made better with DLC's. I'm still going to play, if not just to get inspiration and designs for swords and armor.

EDIT: it would appear I double-posted. Pardon. Technology, bah.

Last edited:

... And that all game are made better with DLC's. I'm still going to play, if not just to get inspiration and designs for swords and armor.

EDIT: it would appear I double-posted. Pardon. Technology, bah.
It's kinda what I got out of it too.

It's the main quest. It's not the "game's ending", only the ending of the main quest. I did kinda like this approach that they basically treated it as an equal to other side quests. There are a lot of people that didn't even play the main quest for the previous Elder Scroll games. I think I got bored of TES 1, 2 and 3 before even starting the main quest.

As long as it isn't subscription.......which it probably will be,.....

I just want some DLC NOW!!!!!! I've stopped playing Skyrim ....i'd done everything i possibly could with the 260 hours i put in......

Rich

i'm new on here and have not played skyrim myself but have been commissioned to make the Ancient Nord Helmet of the Unburned (male version). would anyone be able to PM me some screenshots of this helm? I need front, side, back, top, and bottom. (only the front is available online)

Prop builder in need!!!
Superfreak1000Props

i'm new on here and have not played skyrim myself but have been commissioned to make the Ancient Nord Helmet of the Unburned (male version). would anyone be able to PM me some screenshots of this helm? I need front, side, back, top, and bottom. (only the front is available online)

Prop builder in need!!!
Superfreak1000Props

justy putting them here for whoever needs them (nord ancient helm (of the unburning) 1920 x 1080 Screenshots from all sides :

HoU -skyrim - Imgur

Example :
r66Pz.png

So, did anyone else play Dawnguard? Finished it today, (after 2 days playing.......)

Rich

Yes, finished it too, it's a blast! Although that one part where you run around, around, around, up, down, around and around! When all of a sudden, instead of one quest marker, you've got five or six! :eek

Have not finished all the DG side quests, but done most - got the Dwarven Enhanced Crossbow and all versions of the Exploding Bolts.

Damn, this is one fun game!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back