The DEFINITIVE TDK Joker Costume Thread/Project

If I had to draw the stripes on my pants, does anyone know of a fabric pen or marker that is suitable for this? I am only interested in screen-accuracy, so the pen would have to be white and very fine point.

The point here is, there are three kinds of 'costumers'...
More or less, I agree with your whole summary.
Unfortunately for me, as Jango Wes stated, there is a fourth category. Those who don't have the (time or) money. I had really hoped at the start of this to have at least an 80% accurate costume, but things just kept falling away and time is getting short. So is cash.
I had planned on Kwally's shirt fabric run...but no one in my area could put together a dress shirt for me in time for Halloween. I know that Indy does very high quality work for an outstanding price...but he may not be able to meet a Halloween deadline. I have no doubt that when his products are done, his shirt, tie, vest, coat and shoes will be the closest to 100% accurate that we've seen.

For me, I have to settle for a Hot Topic shirt and tie, an eBay coat, vest and pants, and a thrift store blazer. My shoes and socks I'm happy with, and my knife, while not the right one exactly, is still really close. I found gloves that resemble Heath's in almost every way, and all I have to do is paint them.

I'm depressed that I can't get everything I wanted for this year. But you know what? I'm still damned determined to have fun with what I got. :)

Great links, and this isn't directed at you, but your post made me think of it...

If the pants don't have back pockets, what the heck is the wallet chain for? Where would his wallet be?

That second jacket looks perfect!!! Your costume looks great! Also, I was wondering were you got the hot topic jacket? I looked online, but didn't see it. Is it only available in their stores? It looks pretty close for my budget. How much did you get yours for (if you don't mind saying). Thanks.

Thanks Hoverboy. I got the Hot Topic jacket here in Seattle. I found the style # on their website and called around locally for it. Found it first try. 59 bucks. Not bad price wise. I am however going with coat #2 in my pics. :)

Oh, and my shirt and tie both are Hot Topic. Again. Not the most accurate, but I've tried the iron on approach to that pattern, and it's decent but a little shiny. The HT shirt looks decent it's 30 bucks. The tie, same thing. I'm gonna use this costume this Halloween and then I'm probably done with it. Do I want more accurate stuff? Yes of course, but funds for a Halloween costume aren't in the super accurate range. I'm gonna have to get more creative to get accurate.

Most of it's in the make up anyway. You can have a super accurate costume, but if your make up isn't believable, then what's the point? The whole look is in the face/head. That's what the average party goer we are trying to wow(for the most part, some are building to have this suit on display or what have you) is going to remember.

Thanks Hoverboy. I got the Hot Topic jacket here in Seattle. I found the style # on their website and called around locally for it. Found it first try. 59 bucks. Not bad price wise. I am however going with coat #2 in my pics. :)

Oh, and my shirt and tie both are Hot Topic. Again. Not the most accurate, but I've tried the iron on approach to that pattern, and it's decent but a little shiny. The HT shirt looks decent it's 30 bucks. The tie, same thing. I'm gonna use this costume this Halloween and then I'm probably done with it. Do I want more accurate stuff? Yes of course, but funds for a Halloween costume aren't in the super accurate range. I'm gonna have to get more creative to get accurate.

Most of it's in the make up anyway. You can have a super accurate costume, but if your make up isn't believable, then what's the point? The whole look is in the face/head. That's what the average party goer we are trying to wow(for the most part, some are building to have this suit on display or what have you) is going to remember.

I bought the tie and socks, today. Great stuff for the price :)

The pattern on the tie isn't bad and the socks are as close as they get without paying upwards of $30 plus shipping for Tabios.

I just bought the socks today and I must admit they are really comfortable. I'm probably going to get the tie next and the shirt if I can find it at a Hot Topic near me. It's not the best quality but it's the best that I can get with my price /skill range.

the "look" is right, but not accurate as far as the honey combs. I've seen this same shirt on eBay for $60

Just got this from Richard of Albert Thurston. They just released all white braces with diamonds, an all back version, and a black with green diamnonds version.

http://www.classicwardrobe.co.uk/NewArrivals.aspx

Probably get the all white one (located near the bottom of the page) and color in the diamnods green. Or perhaps if the elastic of the braces wont except dye but the thread would...

Found this site that sells chain by the inch. They have several choices to choose from, but only two that really look the part
http://www.goldchainstore.com/site/1417574/page/45031

Last edited by a moderator:
Went to Hot Topic yesterday, and picked up their socks. I agree with everyone here who says they're not bad for the price and a nice alternative to paying 30+ for a minimal part of the costume. I went back today and picked up their coat as well, as with a few modifications (mainly lining and button replacing) its actually not that bad.

These shoes are close, but still not 100%. First thing I noticed is the screen used ones only have 3 holes for the laces on each side. Great find though!!

Why do people think these are brown? In every photo I've seen (whether a screen shot or of the original) look like they are charcoal or black with a powder (fullers earth?) dusted on them.

Uh oh... not another brown/grey debate.
Indy%20-%20Confused.gif
:lol

Kind regards,
Magnoli

Why do people think these are brown? In every photo I've seen (whether a screen shot or of the original) look like they are charcoal or black with a powder (fullers earth?) dusted on them.

Uh oh... not another brown/grey debate.
Indy%20-%20Confused.gif
:lol

Kind regards,
Magnoli

I always thought light gray (dirtied up), leaning towards tan. :lol

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back