The Definitive Peter Quill/Star-Lord Costume Thread

Good morning, folks!

Love what you guy are up to here. Soulinertia, your bag is spot on! Been looking to do that sucker for awhile, might have to use the ol' leather sewing machine to tackle that sucker next week.

Anyways, thought I might do some shameless whoring while I'm here. Our Etsy has been tackling the Starlord franchise for awhile and if you guys ever feel like upgrading some vinyl pieces to full on tooled leather then stop on by! We also handle the rockets if you need them and are working on the belt as we speak.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/JAFantasyArt

Have a great day, everyone!

il_570xN.701519232_6m5c.jpgil_570xN.701643831_84md.jpgil_570xN.701643851_tb3v.jpgil_570xN.721745816_go3e.jpgil_570xN.733309708_joj5.jpgil_570xN.734539401_pdca.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and the shoulder too :)il_570xN.729148674_m7po.jpgil_570xN.729282893_473a.jpg

Has it been determined what the best holster design is to use? I've heard magnets need to be added to totally secure the guns so they don't slip. Is this still the case? I've been holding off on the holsters until I'm sure they are the right configuration. This is for the Nerf guns, btw.

Chicago screws are a great idea. Depending on the quality of the plastic, you may also want to consider a washer to the interior of the pants to give it a little bit more even distribution of pressure against your holsters.

-Arcko

thank you, Arcko, and thank you Starlorquill. Ith are very sound, smart and helpful tips.

Has it been determined what the best holster design is to use? I've heard magnets need to be added to totally secure the guns so they don't slip. Is this still the case? I've been holding off on the holsters until I'm sure they are the right configuration. This is for the Nerf guns, btw.
The ones I'm using are the shapeways/thingiverse version. Also I'm using mrgreene's gun kit so I'm not 100% sure on if magnets are needed for the Nerf guns.

Not screen accurate. They aren't using the original cassettes that were used in the film, and the label is a bit small.

Hmm, well. I don't think anyone will be prying open my Walkman to inspect it, so its probably close enough. I had just meant that its clear cassette with a printed label. Looks pretty close to me. If anything, I had just thought that the one in the movie was a bit more aged and yellowed. Plus, the case is nice bonus.

Well maybe other Starlords will get all hissy with you and how inaccurate your cassette tape is as the Starlords see it through all your costume material and Sony Walkman cover!!!!!:lol

Well maybe other Starlords will get all hissy with you and how inaccurate your cassette tape is as the Starlords see it through all your costume material and Sony Walkman cover!!!!!:lol

Well, I hope I don't run into any other Star Lords this Halloween, then! :eek Even if I do, my costume is usually the best one at the parties around these parts. SA or no.

How did you go about wrapping the vinyl? I bought some and tried to heat and pull/cut as I go but it turned out pretty bad.

It's not a perfect science. I just cut the basic shapes I wanted to wrap for each side first, then heat stretched them for as much coverage as I could get. There will be gaps that you'll need to cut specific shapes for. I also used a sharpie marker to fill in some of the smaller spots. It's hardly noticeable.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back