The Definitive Peter Quill/Star-Lord Costume Thread

Hey there, B4DW0LF - It's not often to see someone doing gloves, so I thought i'd provide you with this great reference image of the screen-used ones.

Cheers!

The correct gloves.jpg
Also, I did a pair the hard way (hand stitching) by using two sets of garden gloves. It's the first thing I did for my build...
Anatomy of a stitch 1.JPGIMG_1981.JPGThe Replica gloves I made.jpg

And a shot of my glove holding the Infinity Orb before I painted it...
Infinity Orb before.JPG

Hope this helps!

Again, I know they arnt the right gloves but I did find these....

They're call "Joe Rocket Mens Atomic X Black/Orange Leather Motorcycle Riding Gloves" on the Evil Bay

View attachment 405471

The correct gloves.jpg

The Replica gloves I made.jpg

Anatomy of a stitch 1.JPG

Infinity Orb before.JPG

IMG_1981.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey there, @B4DW0LF - It's not often to see someone doing gloves, so I thought i'd provide you with this great reference image of the screen-used ones.

Cheers!

View attachment 405476
Also, I did a pair the hard way (hand stitching) by using two sets of garden gloves. It's the first thing I did for my build...
View attachment 405478View attachment 405480View attachment 405477

And a shot of my glove holding the Infinity Orb before I painted it...
View attachment 405479

Hope this helps!

Hmmm More ideas.....

This is probably common knowledge but there was a LOT of post production involved in making Star-Lord's eyes that bright and red.

Was looking for the air vent on Star Lords jacket but couldn't find one to print anywhere, made one up which can be downloaded here www.thingiverse.com/thing:545678 if there is already one out there and anyone can share it that would be good as I'm new to modelling and I'm sure someone can do a better job but if not I hope it's helpful :)

Edit - some definition on the model not printing out, still a work in progress

Last edited:
Was looking for the air vent on Star Lords jacket but couldn't find one to print anywhere, made one up which can be downloaded here www.thingiverse.com/thing:545678 if there is already one out there and anyone can share it that would be good as I'm new to modelling and I'm sure someone can do a better job but if not I hope it's helpful :)

Edit - some definition on the model not printing out, still a work in progress

here you go.

http://www.therpf.com/f75/star-lord...h-earpiece-helmet-228848/?highlight=star+lord

if there is already one out there

Here's the rather accurate version I've been offering for a couple months in the runs-section, finished and mounted on my jacket. It's a direct 3d print, not a casting, so will take a pounding and it can be screwed from the back instead of glued so that it'll be very secure. (It's done"in color" silver/gold.)
valve.jpg

Someone hired me to make them a Star-Lord costume, so I figured I'd share what I have so far:

5ynKIj7.jpg

I have all the hardware (the posts and the... I don't know what to call them, all the little ring things that secure the tabs on in the back) ordered, it's on its way. Made with the right shoes, and all real leather. Still some design detail that needs to be added, too.

in the spirit of sharing, I too created a 3D model of the Jacket Valve: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:547298
star_lord_jacket_valve.png

EDITED: I reworked the valve this morning, made a little more screen accurate though still not 100%

I made it so the orange part goes under the leather, certainly I think this is a cheaper option for those who are on a budget

Last edited:
Here's the rather accurate version I've been offering for a couple months in the runs-section, finished and mounted on my jacket. It's a direct 3d print, not a casting, so will take a pounding and it can be screwed from the back instead of glued so that it'll be very secure. (It's done"in color" silver/gold.)
View attachment 406105

This is just stunning, great job as always :)

in the spirit of sharing, I too created a 3D model of the Jacket Valve: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:547298

View attachment 406211

Thanks for sharing that :)

Spent this afternoon coming up with a cheap alternative to the rocket control. Now its not to scale, and its certainly not very screen accurate but again its a cheap alternative and Im sure theres someone out there who maybe could make a better one. Either way, feel free to download and print this: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:548474
copy_of_rocket_control.png

Ok so this is pretty damn extreme, but theres no denying the over effect is kinda what were going for with these new Maroon jackets.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DhgTgHMPcY

My question however, before I tie my jacket to the back of the car and go for a drive, is has anyone distressed theirs yet? See Im thinking once youve beat the crap out of your jacket applying an oil coat should bring the colour back but maintain the various shades of wear

No, you can't see in, you only see a mesh behind the lens with a red ring of lights around the edge.

I've seen them up close, it's actually a piece of transparent light blue acrylic that's been laser etched. So frosted squares with very thin clear gaps between them. I'm going to do a test soon to see if you can actually see ANYTHING out of them.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back