The Definitive Peter Quill/Star-Lord Costume Thread

I'm not disagreeing with the Sketchers at all but merely saying for a quick construction you could look at trendy casual motorcycle boots! Similar how it was discovered that the new Star Trek boots were motorcycle boots from Puma.

View attachment 359657

Having worked with leather for six years making Can Jack Sparrow items I am attempting to make the boots using the Sketchers and overlaying and gluing on the leather. I wear Sketchers so I have a rough construction sketck. Now to find the greeblies that hold it all together at Tandy leather. I hand stitch so this will be challenging!!!

I did a little digging based on your mentioning casual motorcycle boot and discovered that searching for 'Touring Motorcycle Boot' got me pointed in the right direction. The back of the Star-Lord boot actually goes up the back of his calf and then spits with that brown insert at the top. The horizontal relief detail (the speed bumps?), might be what my eye was drawn to with these touring boots. Naturally, if I were to get these, I'd have to attack them with a blade and commence with the sewing of the leather inserts.
Tour Master Solution 2.0 WP Boots.jpg
Hooray! More money! :facepalm

Hooray! More money! :facepalm

Yeah, my wife was all about me doing something other than Captain America until she added up the cost of Star Lord.

So are you going to put the Sketcher's soles on the boots? I like the idea of just having a vertical strip of black that fills the gap in the back of the brown leather leggings.

Yeah, my wife was all about me doing something other than Captain America until she added up the cost of Star Lord.

So are you going to put the Sketcher's soles on the boots? I like the idea of just having a vertical strip of black that fills the gap in the back of the brown leather leggings.

To be honest, I think I may pay a professional to add the black back detailto the sketchers themselves - I might even just cut the piece in such a fashion as to make it kind of like a ski boot in nature. The back half staying static and the front spat attached on the flat 'upper' of these things...
Sketchers.JPG
...but now that I look harder at the boot, I may re-box these in favor of the black version. Amazon is gonna hate me, LOL

I'm far too lazy to check if this component of the costume has been found already but I saw this▼
View attachment 371857

And it reminded me of this▼
View attachment 371858

Not cheap... http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004IDG6XK/?tag=047-20

You should be able to find those balls, or something similar to them on their own for super cheap. You can get them on eBay for around $3-5 or something. It could definitely work as a cheap option for the plasma orb. I think someone on here was working on a screen accurate one that functions but I'm not sure how that is going.

On another note that's totally random. Has anyone come across any images (concept art, screencaps or otherwise) of the space rats at the beginning of the film? I remember fairly well what they look like but I'm having trouble remembering their colouration. I want to say they're a brown-reddish colour. Honestly, I can't remember. The reason I ask is I'm considering making a plushie of one to have as an additional prop.

On another note that's totally random. Has anyone come across any images (concept art, screencaps or otherwise) of the space rats at the beginning of the film? I remember fairly well what they look like but I'm having trouble remembering their colouration. I want to say they're a brown-reddish colour. Honestly, I can't remember.

Oh noooo, guess you'll have to go see the movie again.

I'll go too just to clarify your finds. ;)

Oh noooo, guess you'll have to go see the movie again.

I'll go too just to clarify your finds. ;)

I guess there's no helping it. I wonder what my boyfriend will think seeing the movie more times than him, especially a fourth time. But it's for the sake of science so he'll have to understand. :lol

20140903_151708.jpg
On another note that's totally random. Has anyone come across any images (concept art, screencaps or otherwise) of the space rats at the beginning of the film? I remember fairly well what they look like but I'm having trouble remembering their colouration. I want to say they're a brown-reddish colour. Honestly, I can't remember. The reason I ask is I'm considering making a plushie of one to have as an additional prop.

So, a bit off topic, but I remember some discussion on it from before. I just re-saw GotG, and while Starlord changes back to his original outfit at the end of the movie. Drax and Rocket are, in fact, wearing blue versions of their respective outfits. Rocket, actually has 3 versions of the same costume throughout the film: Orange; Ravager red; and finally Blue. Which made me wonder how it just so happens that both the Ravagers and the Nova Corps have clothes in Rockets size just ready to go. :p

Also, it made me wonder about the sequel. Do y'all think that we will see a blue version of Starlord's jacket? Maybe Marvel will put them all in blue to be more like the comics and the Rocket and Drax blue outfits were just a preview.

So did we ever really decide on what all the pants were made of? I saw some people throw out different ideas, but was it ever really pinpointed?

I noticed that one my second viewing as well! I could also see where some people had argued Quill was wearing the blue suit too, because his pants did have a considerable blue tint (the jacket not so munch).

So did we ever really decide on what all the pants were made of? I saw some people throw out different ideas, but was it ever really pinpointed?

They're a mix of corduroy (horizontal, fine wale--not traditional vertical), twill, and canvas as far as I can tell from the high-res close ups I have of the Arclight display. Those are the fabrics I intend on using when I make mine.

It's sideways corduroy (I found the exact stuff in LA but unfortunately bought the last of it), a slightly odd weave of canvas, and slightly waxed denim. All black. And the holsters on the hips are dark brown lambskin.

I noticed that one my second viewing as well! I could also see where some people had argued Quill was wearing the blue suit too, because his pants did have a considerable blue tint (the jacket not so munch).
Is it possible that the colorization could have been done in post for color correction? My brother, who does this stuff, likes to say "we'll fix it in post" a lot and that came to mind when you made reference to the considerable blue tint.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back