66.8 KB · Views: 317
  • IMG_2463.JPG
    IMG_2463.JPG
    56.1 KB · Views: 268
  • IMG_2464.JPG
    IMG_2464.JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 282
Last edited:
What are peoples' suggestions on how to raise the front part of the black mask above his eyes shown here? It looks very clean cut. I've seen some suggestions in this thread about having the mask and some foam, but I'm having trouble visualising how to make it, and how to keep the shape of it.

ddmask.png

What are peoples' suggestions on how to raise the front part of the black mask above his eyes shown here? It looks very clean cut. I've seen some suggestions in this thread about having the mask and some foam, but I'm having trouble visualising how to make it, and how to keep the shape of it.

For mine I used this mask from Party City and just cut from the nose down off and it keeps it out of your face but doesn't make it look like there's really anything under there. If I had my picture on hand I'd send it.
01076926-a_edited.jpg

Correction: i kept the nose intact, at least the top part of it

Is there a good source for the black hood that goes under the season 2 helmet? I have my helmet from a run here but looking for a well made under mask.

I have been looking too. You can get a cheap balaclava pretty much anywhere online. But, in the end, it's just gonna look a bit plain and flimsy. I did find one from under armour that looked like it had a cool texture on it. However, when I got it, the desired texture was only on the mouthpiece, which I'll probably have to cut off anyway. I will probably still use it though, if I don't find any thing better. It does have a subtle pattern on the rest, and a interesting stitching on it that gives it some visual flare over the plain black. I attached pics below of both.

View attachment 727864 View attachment 727863

For those who did the black vigilante outfit...

How did you actually tie the mask/bandana over your face and head, so that it conforms to the full shape without folds like a normal bandana?

I think I got about a yard of black tulle-like fabric, folded it a few times, and tied it pretty much like you would a bandana. For structure, I had a solid opera-style eye mask underneath.
For my baton holder, it was a dual. I used a black canvas material and sewed two pockets, each big enough to hold one of those club tubes from a golf bag so that the batons would go in and come out easily.
Hope this helps... Sorry it's a late response.

Ok so basically I'm going to start building this costume for NYCc which I go to every year I've been reading through this thread and I have found a lot of interesting stuff and so far my plan is to make the helmet out of cardboard, I have found the boots I will buy and I will sew the costume which I think I have a pretty good idea on how I will do that but there is still one thing I need to know but first the forum was really long and I didn't read all of it so excuse me if it was already mentioned but I need to know where I can buy me some of that printed fabric with the correct design. Also I'm 14 so do note that I have a budget.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back