The Definitive KINGSMAN Thread

Thanks guys! So far the whole display cost me about £100 including the lighter & the dog, so no really high end items in there, but I'm happy with how it's looking.

That's funny Funky, my M.I.B display is the one I've just moved him over from! He came from my local garden center, but he was made by a U.K. based company called Vivid Arts, who produce realistic animal statues.

“Oh, excuse the ‘taxidermied Cairn Terrier’ search on my history, it’s for my Kingsman Display.”

i can already picture myself having to say that, lol.

I would give whoever did a Mr. Pickle display the biggest round of applause hahah.

The Kingsman Grenade Lighter

So..... I'll be 100% honest with this. This is my favorite prop from both KINGSMAN films. I love the way it seems so unique yet normal, but if you leave it open for more than 10 seconds, BOOM! :lol I've been meaning to make this post for weeks. I was waiting for my "cheaper alternative" to arrive.

So, the KINGSMAN grenade lighter is a Dunhill Rollagas lighter. These lighters are best known for their box shape with round flint roller. The one used in the film is a gold-plated barley finish as shown below.
View attachment 782898
These lighters go on auction on EBAY from time to time. You will have no trouble finding one to buy. The price, however, varies greatly from time to time. Some have sold for $50US while others go up and over $100US. I got lucky with mine.(more on that later)

With this lighter being so expensive, I have decided to mold one and cast resin copies. I won mine at auction for around $80US. I am still waiting for its arrival from the UK.(christmas rush probably delayed it greatly) I plan to mold and cast opening versions with electronics.(red blinking light and noise)
View attachment 782899
I have drooled amany times looking at pictures of this lighter. Getting one in person will be surreal.
:)

NOW, there is always a cheaper alternative. Gold plated chrome Zippo lighters are decent but are way too big.The DOLPHIN JET LIGHTER is pretty good in size and appearance.
View attachment 782900View attachment 782901
having bought one myself, I can truly say: it is totally a ripoff Zippo lighter. Despite the rounded edges and lack of a barley finish, the size and opening is really close. On a display shelf it won't look too out of the ordinary. :D

I know this is a bit late but: Have A Merry Christmas And A Happy New Year!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Got around to making my Statesman bat. It's a bit rough, I decided against the faux gold leafing due to not being able to make a proper stencil. instead, I bought a gold paint marker and free handed the logo. hence why it is rough. I may sand it off and redo it once I get stencil capabilities, but right now it's a good placeholder

. Statesman Bat.jpg

Hi there. Am just joining this thread now - am appreciating the sourcing you've done on a lot of the props (am not sure I'll manage to buy the exact ones!, but some of the alternatives look awesome).

Someone may have found this already, but the oval boxes look like Links of London. The small oval one is their signature packaging.

links of london boxes.jpg

maybe you could be the engraver for Risu’s interest thread regarding the cufflinks?
it should be easy enough to find some plain links in that shape and get a heap engraved at once!
EDIT: That wouldn’t work. They need to be plated after engraving, i’m a doofus. Some plain steel cufflinks or something, engraved, then plated.

Another way to do these cufflinks would be to buy a standard pair, and get the design engraved. If they were in silver, I don't think you would need to plate them after.

This company can engrave any design for a small fee, and I'm sure would be able to recreate the cufflinks:
https://www.engraversguild.co.uk/engraved-cufflinks/vyse-engraved-cufflinks/

I’ve decided to scale down my Kingsman display. I’m putting it all into a “emergency travel kit”.

I’ve had this box from Hobby Lobby for awhile and finally put it to good use.

the box is more or less complete but still in progress. Ring on the left side and incoming cufflinks on the right. I can’t decide if I want to put the oval boxes into the foam or just put the ring and cufflinks into the foam?

Anyways, here’s some crummy iPhone pictures.

A7237D15-3AE4-4019-A666-BC3A1186996A.jpeg

AADEED9A-6A92-465D-87EB-423E8CDF9E27.jpeg

I’ve decided to scale down my Kingsman display. I’m putting it all into a “emergency travel kit”.

I’ve had this box from Hobby Lobby for awhile and finally put it to good use.

the box is more or less complete but still in progress. Ring on the left side and incoming cufflinks on the right. I can’t decide if I want to put the oval boxes into the foam or just put the ring and cufflinks into the foam?

Anyways, here’s some crummy iPhone pictures.

View attachment 789185

View attachment 789186
That might be the most amazing thing I've ever seen. We have to make a STATESMAN one now!

0CrlW8mhYhg.jpg
That is mine Kingsman collection now, also have Fountain Pen from Jinhao and Corgi Kingsman Socks. I have an standard airsoft replica of TT33 with silencer, planning to print underbarrel shotgun to it.

Here is a very crude Statesman Lapel Pin. It's just the "S" logo like Champ has, but it's not ornate, just more of a filler accessory piece for the cosplay to help identify my character without being asked exactly what I'm portraying. I used thin craft foam, a paperclip, epoxy, and gold rubnbuff. Construction is very simple takes 10 minutes to make. Cut the S out of foam, apply epoxy on the back, and attach the paperclip in any kind of way. let cure and rubnbuff gold. I would say more layers make the gold appear better, this pic is just after 1 layer of rubnbuff, I added another and looks much better. You could even gold paint marker it.

IMG_6307.JPG

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back