The Definitive KINGSMAN Thread

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by Farrells Props, Sep 27, 2017.

1. Farrells Props

Farrells Props Member

The sole purpose of this thread is to identify all Kingsman gadgets, costume pieces, and other props from both Kingsman: The Secret Service and Kingman: The Golden Circle.

Kingsman: The Secret Service might be one of my favorite spy films yet. It basically took all that I loved of James Bond and put it together. I was such a big fan of it that I wanted more. I wanted all of the gadgets, I wanted all the guns, I wanted everything from the film. Sadly, when I started looking for information on all the screen-used props, I couldn't find much information. This whole thread's purpose is to be the best source of 100% screen-accurate items and information.

I may, from time to time, post pictures from the film to start to figure out more information

*Just remember, the majority of all the KINGSMAN props were custom made or modified in some way*

All Confirmed Items
    #21 The KINSMAN Standard Issue Pistol
    #26 #27 The KINGSMAN Standard Issue Remote Poison Pens
    #177 The KINGSMAN glasses
    #339 The KINGSMAN umbrella
    #366 The KINGSMAN Grenade Lighter

Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
  2. Mechanized2400

Mechanized2400 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Their fountain pens are Conway Stewart Churchill's
    IMG_6955.JPG

Dunhill rollagas are their lighter/grenade of choice
    IMG_6956.JPG

The most accurate tie I've seen is made by Drake's London and sold at Mr. Porter
    IMG_6957.JPG

Id recommend Indy Magnoli's eyeglasses
    IMG_6958.JPG

Hope some of these help a little

3. Mechanized2400

Also, I believe there is a thread in the project runs for the Statesman buckle

ive been working on a Kingsman display so I've been doing some research, lol

4. Farrells Props

Farrells Props Member

The Gun
    The Kingsman Gun from the film was made by Cohort Film Services. It was originally based off of a Tokarev TT-30 pistol(1st picture). The base gun was modified with custom grips, hammers, re-profiled side panels, hammers, and custom triggers(2nd picture). The gun also features a custom underbarrel shotgun attachment(3rd picture). The gun also has custom suppressors which were also made custom by cohort(4th picture). In total 6 real guns were made for production for the first film. Many stunt versions were also made of resin casts of originals(5th picture).
    TT-30.jpg 350px-KingsmanPistol.jpg 5339376-4074984987-tumbl.png 600px-Kingsman_33.jpg Screen-Used-Prop-02.jpg
    View attachment 761930 View attachment 761934 View attachment 761931 View attachment 761936 View attachment 761937

TT-30.jpg

350px-KingsmanPistol.jpg

5339376-4074984987-tumbl.png

600px-Kingsman_33.jpg

Screen-Used-Prop-02.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2018
  5. Farrells Props

Farrells Props Member

Currently I am a bit stuck with what is on the wall in the Gadget Vault. I currently know of the pen, the lighter, the briefcases, the glasses, the pen? and a couple more. Also I noticed there are 2 types of pens! 2!!!!! we have to figure these out! Please tell me everything you can about what you think is in the vault!
    Kingsman gadget pic 1.jpg kingsman gadget pic 2.png kingsman gadget pic 3.png kingsman gadget pic 4.png

6. Mechanized2400

Both pens are Conway Stewart, just different models

also adding their wicked umbrellas(I really want one!).

made by Swaine Adley Brigg out of London known as The Brigg Umbrella
    IMG_6959.JPG

http://www.swaineadeneybrigg.com/brigg-article/brigg-umbrella/

it sounds so lovley.

and lastly the crocodile skin and silver cigar case is made by Asprey London and Hallmark London did the silver, I think. Above the case is a cigar cutter. not sure of the maker.

here is a link I've found of the case:
    http://bentleyslondon.com/shop/crocodile-cigar-case/

although I couldn't find anything on their site. May be a eBay thing.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2017
  7. RobertMuldoon

RobertMuldoon Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

chrisnupp and Sundowner like this.
  8. Sundowner

Sundowner Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I'll add a few photos from my research

KingsmanPistol.jpg Kingsman_33.jpg Kingsman-ColtHammerless.jpg

Harry%u00252Bfrom%u00252BKingsman.jpg Ly6dOA6.jpg taron-egerton-in-KING-e1505883350311-1013x520.jpg

I also made a video about the pistol and my version of it.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2018
    Farrells Props and cjchiu like this.
  9. sycor

sycor Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Holy cow those lighters and pens are expensive. Maybe I'll just skip having any Kingsman props.

Mechanized2400 likes this.
  10. Mechanized2400

You can find good look-a-like lighters off eBay. I bought a working one the other day for $25 shipped.

the pens, not so much. They're hard to find and like you said $$$$$

11. Mechanized2400

12. Mechanized2400

Found one of the knives, I think
    IMG_6963.JPG

Heres a picture of the screen used knife:
    IMG_6964.JPG

And what I found is by Strider Knives model BT-SS fixed 6"
    IMG_6965.JPG

they are not cheap.

But! I did find a cheap alt on Amazon called the Survivor HK-106280 Outdoor Knife. Here's a pic:
    IMG_6962.PNG

Some mods are needed but better than $300+

onwards to the others

13. Mechanized2400

Anther knife down. This one is the knife above the previous identified.
    IMG_6963.JPG

I believe this knife is a two-tone 9" throwing knife with nylon cord wrapped handle
    IMG_6966.JPG

Pretty sure the knives in the middle are some sort of fixed hunting knife. Close to this:
    IMG_6967.JPG

Last edited: Sep 29, 2017
  14. Jakeinator123

Jakeinator123 Member

Probably common knowledge, but the watches from the two films are the Bremont Kingsman and the TAG Heuer connected smartwatch. The Bremont was limited to 100 pieces, and the TAG is a special edition, however it seems the watch used in the film is the original model of the TAG Heuer connected with the Special watch face on it. They are both extremely pricey and limited edition, but I haven't seen any "close enough" replacements.

15. MattgomeryBurns

MattgomeryBurns Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I finally got a chance to see the Golden Circle tonight. The action is incredible, and of course the props are amazing.

I'd love to have the briefcase.
    Screen Shot 2017-10-01 at 12.31.11 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-10-01 at 12.29.55 AM.png

And I'd really love a bottle of Statesman bourbon. An official licensed bourbon has been released but the bottle is completely different.

Movie bottle:
    kingsman2-whiskey-eggsy-merlin.jpg

Retail bottle:
    kingsman-statesman-whiskey-700x394.jpg

16. MattgomeryBurns

Actually, it looks like Old Forester single barrel is an exact match to the movie bottle. Old Forester is the brand that makes the official licensed bottle, so it makes sense that their bottles were used in the movie. The "vintage bottle" would be easy to replicate by just slapping on a label.

Vintage version
    Screen Shot 2017-10-01 at 1.15.48 AM.png

New version
    Screen Shot 2017-10-01 at 1.37.01 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-10-01 at 2.00.22 AM.png

IMG_1634.jpeg

Old_Forester.jpg

Last edited: Oct 1, 2017
  17. HaydenM

HaydenM New Member

Big thanks, definitely wanting to fashion myself one of the vintage bottles and this is the first hurdle tackled already.

MattgomeryBurns likes this.
  18. MattgomeryBurns

Of course. It looks like they might have stopped doing that bottle shape recently. If you go on the Old Forester website, most of their bottles are shaped like the licensed Statesman bottle.

I found a few online retailers that appear to have the more square bottle:

http://www.totalwine.com/bourbon/small-batch-bourbon/old-forester-single-barrel-select/p/159775750-1

http://www.winemadeeasy.com/old-for...straight-bourbon-whiskey-nv-750-ml-39507.html

https://www.maxliquor.com/product-p/old-forester-single-barrel.htm

One of those sites had a close up of the seal, if someone wanted to replicate it for the new bottle:
    Screen Shot 2017-10-01 at 10.53.53 AM.png

Jm419 likes this.
  19. Farrells Props

Farrells Props Member

My latest acquisition....
    $_57.jpg

20. Mechanized2400

Beautiful pen, bruv

IMG_6974.JPG

Just recently got the right lighter.

Like a dum-dum bought the lighter on the left without looking at screen caps.

Proper Dunhill on right side.

MattgomeryBurns likes this.
  21. Farrells Props

Farrells Props Member

The Gun
    The Kingsman Gun from the film was made by Cohort Film Services. It was originally based off of a Tokarev TT-30 pistol(1st picture). The base gun was modified with custom grips, hammers, re-profiled side panels, hammers, and custom triggers(2nd picture). The gun also features a custom underbarrel shotgun attachment(3rd picture). The gun also has custom suppressors which were also made custom by cohort(4th picture). In total 6 real guns were made for production for the first film. Many stunt versions were also made of resin casts of originals(5th picture).
    View attachment 762963 View attachment 762964 View attachment 762965 View attachment 762966 View attachment 762967
    View attachment 761930 View attachment 761934 View attachment 761931 View attachment 761936 View attachment 761937

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2018
  22. Sundowner

I still think it’s a TT-33. The TT-30 has a different back strap (30 Left / 33 Right)

1935Tt30RrFrame-Tt33.jpg

23. Mechanized2400

Since the suppressor was custom fabricated I wanted to give it a go. here's my V1 from random things I had.
    IMG_6992.JPG
    Gotta get rid of that lip, it's buggin the hell outta me hahah.

Going to wait for Sundowner's Carnwennan to get the right size. This was just 3/4" pvc, seems too small, idk.

In the mean time I'll gather other parts to get a more accurate look.

Sundowner likes this.
  24. Sundowner

I like the knurling!

25. Mechanized2400

Thanks you :cheers

Think its a sink faucet or part of a faucet. That's been the most difficult piece to replicate so far.

heres the suppressor a little weathered up:
    IMG_7005.JPG
    helps me ignore the inaccurate look hahah

Sundowner likes this.
  26. Farrells Props

Farrells Props Member

There are three different pens used in the film. They all look so similar it took me quite a while to identify each one. Before we start, please know that each of these pans are immensely expensive.

The first pen is the Conway Stewart Kingsman
    20150223_0560_DxO-600x400.jpg
    It costs about $1500US There are currently no replicas however, I have been looking to buy a similiar one and they are hard to find on auction.
    The second pen is the Conway Stewart Churchill Kingsman
    935810_mrp_e1_l.jpg
    It costs about 1000US. There are currently no replicas. It is very similar to the first pen but has a flat cap end.

The third pen is unidentified as It is a ballpoint pen with the case of an ink quill pen.

All three of these pens can be seen on the wall in the KINGSMAN armory: kingsman gadget pic 3.png

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
  27. Farrells Props

Farrells Props Member

Now Now. I know things seem sad and impossible. Like how on earth am I going to get KINGSMAN pen!!!!! Well today's your lucky day!

The JINHAO 450X is probably the closest you'll get. It is a cartridge ink pen with a gold tip with iridium accents. The pen costs under $5 with free shipping anywhere. Long story short, this pen looks amazing as a display piece or a writing piece. The reason I know this is because I've had a blue version for years. The black and gold model highly emulates the new Conway Stewart pens. Having ordered and received two of these pens, I can truly say, they are awesome. Definitely not 100% accurate, but pretty close nonetheless. The bodies are made of aluminum and feel super good to write with. Oh by the way, the size is about 2mm(1/8 inch) of of the real thing! All it needs is a lever feed arm.
    cheap.jpg 20150223_0560_DxO-600x400.jpg
    Also you could get about 300 of these pens for 1 Conway Stewart model.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
    Yarooon and Mechanized2400 like this.
  28. SteakSauce

SteakSauce Member

Just managed to snag a lighter for $30!

I have the airsoft pistol on the way, I will be sure to post a review. I know it is not 100% screen accurate, but I love my props to be functional, and sometimes that requires small sacrifices.

Pics coming soon.

29. Farrells Props

Farrells Props Member

I might just have to machine one!

30. Mechanized2400

Duuuude, do it! then make some copy's and sell me one:D

I've never worked in a lathe before but the knurling looks the hardest. Other than that, not too much to it.

i think it's a straight knurling rather than hex. I could be wrong. I was using a water bottle cap before I switched to the hex water sink part.

I've been going off this pic
    IMG_6968.JPG

31. Farrells Props

Farrells Props Member

From some of my pictures it looks to be diamond knurling. Nevertheless I will definitely make one/some!

32. Mechanized2400

Oh yeah! :thumbsup

33. HaydenM

HaydenM New Member

I noticed that it seems that they are no longer producing that bottle shape. Unfortunately the task of sourcing the bottle will no doubt be a bit more difficult as I'm not in the states.

34. Mechanized2400

If you can't find a Old Foresters bottle or don't want to spend the money on a full one.

Knob Creek bottles are pretty close:
    IMG_7009.JPG

Ive seen emptys on eBay ranging from $6usd. They're not 750ml but it's also not $60+

Without the wax seal, it's not far off:
    IMG_7013.JPG

Last edited: Oct 1, 2017
    Riceball and MattgomeryBurns like this.
  35. HaydenM

HaydenM New Member

I've actually got a bottle of Knob Creek in my bar from a birthday past. I'll see how it goes. Spent a bit of today in photoshop trying to recreate the classic statesman bottle logo.

EDIT: By the way, is there anybody who knows their fonts well and knows what the fonts on the bottle are?

36. Indy Magnoli

Indy Magnoli Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Just a heads-up:

GLASSES: We've sold out of the black frames with clear lenses, but if you're having prescription lenses fitted, you can buy our black Kingsman sunglasses as the frames are identical and your optometrist can just as easily swap out the tinted lenses with your prescription lenses. For those after the glasses for costume purposes, the black frames with clear lenses will be back in stock some time in November, hopefully.

TIES: We've sold out of these too, but are doing an updated, more accurate run immediately... we'll keep you posted.

HaydenM likes this.
  37. HaydenM

HaydenM New Member

Thanks for the update Indy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

38. Mechanized2400

Will the tie have the more accurate brown stripe instead of red/maroon stripe? Been putting off ordering the Drake's London to see if you all were going to make a more accurate tie:)

39. ichnob

ichnob Well-Known Member

Does anyone have any leads on Statesmen costumes? I saw that Midwest Whips provided Agent Whiskey's bullwhips, but that's about it.

40. Indy Magnoli

Yes. :) Also, slightly changing the main weave for accuracy.

What are you after exactly? We can custom make almost anything...

41. Mechanized2400

Excellent! Definitely be getting one those when they're released

42. ichnob

ichnob Well-Known Member

Agent Whiskey's charcoal blazer with what looks like black suede shoulder accents. Mr. Porter has them, but I cannot afford that £900+ price. So might just have to thrift store find a blazer to add that suede accent, or get a suit jacket pattern to work one out. Will have to work out mobility as well if I want to have a bullwhip accessory.

43. Indy Magnoli

We could do Whiskey's blazer in genuine tweed for $545 or a more standard wool blend for $450.

44. Mechanized2400

Just order some glasses in tortoiseshell. Super excited to add this to my upcoming display

great work on those Indy Magnoli

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2018
    Indy Magnoli likes this.
  45. Sundowner

I shouldn’t have waited to order the glasses I’m black because they’re out of stock. I’d like to pick up Eggys orange velvet blazer but one of the websites making them has the color way too red

46. Mechanized2400

Almost finished with the "build" part of the display
    IMG_7018.JPG

Two more shelfs that'll I ll wrap in felt, the the backing w/ felt, and then add LEDs.

Think it should look okay if all goes well:unsure

47. HaydenM

HaydenM New Member

Guess I'll post my update from yesterday's photoshop work.
    [​IMG]

Still far from perfect and have to nail down the colours a bit more, but at least I've not the rough outline for now.

48. Mechanized2400

Those both look really good

49. HaydenM

HaydenM New Member

And now a very rough test print on the bottle.

[​IMG]

UPDATE:
    Now have the label more of less fixed up and it's no longer the horrible white colour from the first picture.
    [​IMG]

I've definitely got another couple of things to fix but I'm happy with this sitting in my bookshelf for the moment.

I'll also add that the Knob Creek bottle is an even better match than I first thought with the Statesman bottle being quite a bit deeper than it appears in some shots.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
  50. Sundowner

That looks great!

HaydenM likes this.