The Definitive DC Extended Universe Batsuit Research Thread

Re: The Definitive BvS: Dawn Of Justice Batsuit Research Thread

It seems like the bat-suit had changed several times since Ben was first announced batman-vs-superman-new-batsuit-ben-affleck-HD.jpgzXq9s0Y.pngbatman-vs-superman.jpgb.jpgbatamn-v-superman-sdcc.jpgscreenshot-2015-04-20-092915-132388.jpgthe fabric seems different in some photos to others

I was very curious about the supposed "production made fabric" so I asked my friend Doug Stewart (who worked on the film) what his opinion was...

He says "while working very close with all of the costumes, I don't believe these were ever part of the production/build".
He also explained very many reasons why he felt it was not legitimate. I am not allowed to say anymore, but he is one of many people watching this thread. Perhaps he can chime in and explain the problems himself.

ok well i hope he does and if doug wants to message me about it id like to ask him some questions myself.

Last edited:

It seems like the bat-suit had changed several times since Ben was first announcedView attachment 522461View attachment 522462View attachment 522463View attachment 522464View attachment 522465View attachment 522466the fabric seems different in some photos to others

But what you have is by far the closest I've seen. I think the promo pic with white background and the pic where he's standing next to ZS will be what we see on film. Like you said in your other post, it has sort of a chameleon quality to it, depending on light. Maybe it's all the same pattern and the light is fooling us. Hell, it looks blue in the picture where he's standing next to snyder.

Last edited:

yeah its a very strange fabric that's for sure if you seen it in person you would know 100% it wasn't made by some fan.
Im going to get it out later and take pics with different lighting to see if i can get it close to some pics

Here is some more pics of the fabric with different lighting etc and im not looking for any name dropping or "he said she said" stuff but this is really a beautiful piece and very chameleon like just like reaton89 said. bats.pngcanvas.pngWP_20150902_011.jpgWP_20150902_008.jpgbb.png

Last edited:

Perhaps it was a sample from a line up of samples for pre-production before they chose one to go with?

perhaps dude im going to wait till the behind the scenes things like with man of steel to see if they show samples etc..

I've been going pretty hard on getting my costume ready for Fan Expo which I'm probably going to miss but I may have a prototype version to wear for the Sunday. I finally have my cold foam muscle suit cast and mounted on the undersuit, pleather cape sewn, slightly revised cowl ready and I'm working on my boots and gauntlets right now as I'm silk screening fabric. Budget went completely out the window though, I bought a whole leather hide earlier this week.

Here's a couple phone pics I took today, my first fabric print and a symbol I just cast. The symbols edges are curling up because it's almost appliance thin, any thicker and it doesn't conform to the muscles right and you end up with that flat look.

therpf1.jpgtherpf2.jpg

Now this suit isn't mine but the maker just posted this on his instagram. His username is "Davindie" if you'd like to check it out. Not even sure if he's on here in the forums but if i'm not allowed to post this, let me know and i'll be sure to take it down. I just saw this post and thought it was beyond amazing! There is also a few short little teaser vids as well but here it is!
11951894_967266573337479_1995580857229106547_n.jpg

Man that thing is cool! I wonder how the suit was made?

Man that thing is cool! I wonder how the suit was made?

I have no idea but man it is awesome!!!

I might have an idea. The shop I work at prints movie textures for superhero suits (Marvel and DC and whatnot) and the probably used a mixture of granite base, or high density inks etc. I can say for sure that it's not any type of silicone based ink

Hey, does anyone have any clear shots of the fins on the gauntlets and in particular where they connect the gauntlet? The only shots I have are low res ones from the suicide squad set.

Holy crap... Did you make the file or did you get it from somewhere else? If you made it, how much? If not, do yo mind sending me to where you got it from? Thanks!

Thanks guys, I made the pattern. Once it's sewn up and I make sure everything lines up like it should I'll make a project run thread. Should be done by tomorrow evening.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back