The Definitive DC Extended Universe Batsuit Research Thread

Re: The Definitive BvS: Dawn Of Justice Batsuit Research Thread

The photos of the fabrics that have been posted are tests not final .the seller even said this himself right after he said he got them out the dumpster

He also went back on his claim of the one being the desert suit.

Ahh had no idea. I'll go let my friend know.

Goes to show that the costume process is very intricate for these suits.

And some of the production fabric is proto and some is final hero design i got a piece of both and will post pics when it arrives.

- - - Updated - - -
the lenses on the goggles are tinted black from what i can tell

I'm trying to find links to the coat hes wearing in the desert scene also but nothing as of yet its definitely a Barbour stockman waxed cotton and it wouldn't surprise me if its not made by the makers of the Rorschach coat as it looks to be similar fabric.
[h=3][/h]

This design is really growing on me. Affleck wears the suit well.

http://i.imgur.com/Kw5OJCn.png

http://i.imgur.com/f8nl0Ev.png

http://i.imgur.com/NFMjksm.png

So a friend of mine has been talking to me about the screen used fabric and texture today while sending me photos. The fabric used wasn't as thick as he guessed. The ink used to give the raised texture was a combination of screen printing specialty ink, one that includes a clear gel. He said he was able to identify one of the inks used by looking at the inks that hit the text notes found on the screen and one of them appeared to be very clear. The third image you see is from the desert suit

Are these shots of screen-used fabric, or is this a replica?

- - - Updated - - -

Here is my production made prototype bat suit fabric with emblem.
its really weird actually with no light its very dull but add a light source and it gleams silver WP_20150829_008.jpgWP_20150829_010.jpgWP_20150829_009.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

here it is with no light source WP_20150829_005.jpg

i wonder how they got it to print the top layer in grey stripes.

Do you have any evidence that this fabric is from the production?

they had to have printed this to bens measurements because the pattern goes in the different directions etc. its almost like a subdye cosplay but raised silicone or rubber printing ya?

I have another piece on the way that was the final pattern and shade they used.
I do think the suit they shown at sdcc is different from the one he actually wears in the movie just by pausing and examining stills from the trailer plus in an interview with Jennifer Gardner she said the suit is dark material with silver plating undersuit just like this piece.

Well the trinity at SDCC were not the actual suits I believe, I think they were painted statues, with no real fabric on them except for the accessories (cape, sword harness...). I'm not sure since I never saw them in person, but they look more like really well done promotional display statues you'd see in movie theatres rather than actual screen used suit, which they display very differently, without the likeness of the actors.

Yeah I thought that also unfortunately we have yet to see a clear image of ben on film for longer than a few seconds.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back