The Definitive DC Extended Universe Batsuit Research Thread

Re: The Definitive BvS: Dawn Of Justice Batsuit Research Thread

ca1a7a44-b23d-4367-9305-2945f3656a5e_zpsxue4yqsw.jpggetting there with the puffpaint!!

@ brucebatman

Where is this ^ model pic from? Would like to see more. :thumbsup

Who made your sub dye, i was looking at one made by mau5,yours looks alot like that one

Let's just say those pics probably were not supposed to be posted...at least not yet.
Only very very very few people have them as these are the "turns" for the costume tests they did on all the actors months before filming started.
But these would basically be the ultimate reference shots since they took pics of every little thing at every angle.
I'm sure they will leak out as it gets closer to the movie, or shortly after.

Batman Arkham knight have the Batfleck skin and batmobile. Maybe someone could get the files from the PC version.

now im currently adding silver between the little black lines using a modelling brush and its taking even longer updates soon tho.

I'm considering going the puff paint route when I get a bodysuit. Is the puff paint sold with a nozzle that makes it easy to apply the little dashes and dots, or how did you go about doing that?

It depends on the nozzle. They come in different sizes and it also depends on what kinda of spandex you have. I have a great one done by Mau5 and I initially wanted to puff paint it. I gave it a few strokes and it didn't turn out too bad, but I think that it looks better without it, and puff painting it was a lot harder than I had thought. Every time that I gave it another stroke, the nozzle would kinda like scrape the spandex. And it would take A LOT of time to puff paint the whole suit. But that's just my opinion. I've seen a few that are puff painted and look fantastic.

Last edited:

I'm just about done puffy painting my Mau5 print, I think it looks great, I love the way the light catches it and it really makes the battle damage pop, it definitely takes a while but it's worth it. I used tulip slick black, the applicator on the bottle is pretty fine, just take your time.
20160111_221657.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back