The CW's Arrow

Is anyone else curious as to why Oliver isn't allowed to use his old uniform or at least a different color of it?
I get that Ra's is making a point that "Oliver Queen is no more," But at least allow him to keep his old gear.
It was way more tactical than the League's uniform.

Is anyone else curious as to why Oliver isn't allowed to use his old uniform or at least a different color of it?
I get that Ra's is making a point that "Oliver Queen is no more," But at least allow him to keep his old gear.
It was way more tactical than the League's uniform.

Well, any part of his old life is bad. The point of the League is that you give up everything about yourself in service to the calling. His Arrow gear, and even the color, are an intrinsic part of his identity just as much as his name and thus, must be discarded.

Well, any part of his old life is bad. The point of the League is that you give up everything about yourself in service to the calling. His Arrow gear, and even the color, are an intrinsic part of his identity just as much as his name and thus, must be discarded.
Okay that makes sense, though it would have been nice to let him keep his bow.

From the moment I saw the initial trailers, I've been referring to this show as "Green Batman", so the way that they've usurped Batman's storylines doesn't really faze me all that much.

I share the much-expounded upon hatred of Laurel. She's been the worst from season 1 and although seeing her employ the Canary Cry for the first time was awesome, she's still the worst and I hate her.

Felicity, meanwhile, is also getting on my nerves something fierce. Although a lot of people seem to dislike Ray, I think he's awesome and he was much better for her than Ollie was. At least Ray is willing to let her be a partner as well as a lover instead of "trying to protect her". Seriously. How often was Felicity's life put in danger as a direct result of her association with Oliver? Her not being his girlfriend provided precisely zero protection, so that argument is beyond lame.

So, who else thinks this is getting rebooted by some time travel nonsense? Perhaps by Flash or the new Legends show. My 2 cents.

Reel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am really surprised that they pretty much ended the show when they knew they had been renewed.

But yeah, Oliver being happy never lasts.

Can we talk about Oliver getting shot twice in the chest with a high powered, presumably large caliber rifle, and walking away?

"league uniform" is what Nyssa said, but yeah, unless it has cutting edge bulletproof technology that's thin enough to fit in a simple jacket, that was poor execution.

Did anyone see the trailer for the new spin-off Legends of Tomorrow? Sara is alive!... somehow. It looks interesting. And Hawkgirl will be in it

Did anyone see the trailer for the new spin-off Legends of Tomorrow?

Saw it earlier. It's in the Legends of Tomorrow thread.

Sara is alive!... somehow.

Looks like she got hit with the Pit. My guess? Nyssa's doing.

It looks interesting.

I'm digging it.

And Hawkgirl will be in it

Definitely digging that part. Let's hope they do the character justice.

i hate it when they do the catchphrase stuff during the show. i mean i get it for the intro: someone else, something else

and when felicity started out: youve become someone else....
i was like noooooo dont do it. dont do that gimmick
youve become something else....

NOOOOOOO, you have failed this finale, felicitiy!

Just watched the season finale and I have been left perplexed, and honestly unsatisfied, especially considering how Seasons 1 and 2 ended. They left enough unanswered questions for me to tune in next season, but unfortunately it is curiosity that is bringing me back rather than a desire to continue watching.

However, if the Flash undoes anything on Arrow in its season finale, I will be annoyed. That totally discounts the value of one show (this one) in favor of another, just because the stories take place in the same reality. Time will tell I suppose, but for now I'm left shrugging.

Just watched the season finale and I have been left perplexed, and honestly unsatisfied, especially considering how Seasons 1 and 2 ended. They left enough unanswered questions for me to tune in next season, but unfortunately it is curiosity that is bringing me back rather than a desire to continue watching.

However, if the Flash undoes anything on Arrow in its season finale, I will be annoyed. That totally discounts the value of one show (this one) in favor of another, just because the stories take place in the same reality. Time will tell I suppose, but for now I'm left shrugging.

I don't know... between time travel on Legends of Tomorrow and Barry's eventual showdown with Thawne on the night his mother died, there's a LOT of potential for temporal shenanigans.

I don't know... between time travel on Legends of Tomorrow and Barry's eventual showdown with Thawne on the night his mother died, there's a LOT of potential for temporal shenanigans.

Oh, to be sure! And I suppose I should clarify: I'm all for temporal shenanigans! Screwed up timelines, and how they get fixed (or not) are some of my favorite stories. But to undo a large portion of The Arrow's season, including and especially its finale, because of events on a separate show leaves me feeling the same way the "It Was All Just a Dream" trope does: wondering why the hell they bothered in the first place. It seems like a cop out to say, "Look at all this game-changing stuff that is happeni- oh, wait, just kidding!"

Again, I'm all for time getting mixed up, but the mixup should be (in my opinion) a plot device to move to a new point and not just a handy-dandy reset button.

Oh, to be sure! And I suppose I should clarify: I'm all for temporal shenanigans! Screwed up timelines, and how they get fixed (or not) are some of my favorite stories. But to undo a large portion of The Arrow's season, including and especially its finale, because of events on a separate show leaves me feeling the same way the "It Was All Just a Dream" trope does: wondering why the hell they bothered in the first place. It seems like a cop out to say, "Look at all this game-changing stuff that is happeni- oh, wait, just kidding!"

Again, I'm all for time getting mixed up, but the mixup should be (in my opinion) a plot device to move to a new point and not just a handy-dandy reset button.

As long as they do something akin to the Flashpoint Paradox story, where Barry goes back, saves his mother, and ROYALLY screws the timeline in the process, only to have the heartbreaking realization that he has to go back and stop himself from saving his mother, then I'm good.

Also, I'm saying it now: Temporal Shenanigans is the new catchphrase we should use around here.

Speaking of Barry, did he run all the way from america to the middle east, hang around for two minutes, then run all the way back?

I am really surprised that they pretty much ended the show when they knew they had been renewed.

They did pretty much the same thing last season didn't they? Everything seemed to be wrapped up in a nice little bow at the end of the season.

Not to be rude, but I think most people missed quite an important part of the legends of tomorrow trailer. It's Oliver Queen. In his arrow costume. So, no, I doubt this'll be the end of The Arrow in his current form. I'm hoping that Olly and Felicity have gone to Seattle (one of the cities where Green Arrow was active in the comics) and then Diggle calls them about HIVE from Starling, saying that all hell is going down and that they need him. Then Thea as Speedy sneaks into the police archives on the way to steal Olly's stuff back, but then meets Lance, who has a whole 'Harper? But you're dead...' moment and then Thea escapes with the Arrow gear and Olly becomes the Green Arrow... Anyway, that got a bit more in depth than I thought it would, but that's just my two cents.

Not to be rude, but I think most people missed quite an important part of the legends of tomorrow trailer. It's Oliver Queen. In his arrow costume. So, no, I doubt this'll be the end of The Arrow in his current form. I'm hoping that Olly and Felicity have gone to Seattle (one of the cities where Green Arrow was active in the comics) and then Diggle calls them about HIVE from Starling, saying that all hell is going down and that they need him. Then Thea as Speedy sneaks into the police archives on the way to steal Olly's stuff back, but then meets Lance, who has a whole 'Harper? But you're dead...' moment and then Thea escapes with the Arrow gear and Olly becomes the Green Arrow... Anyway, that got a bit more in depth than I thought it would, but that's just my two cents.

Thank you for pointing this out.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back