The amazing spiderman suit

Jeck13500

Sr Member
Hy !
I m new on the site, and i'm french, so, if you don't understand me, feel free to ask me more precision!
it's my second suit, my first is batman begins suit, i'm on the website batman evolution, if you want to watch this, and i can post some photos for the interested people!

in first, i have purchase a spiderman mask.
IMG_1272.jpg

i have cut the plastics lenses and i have purchase the glasses on ebay for 15 dollars.

IMG_1559.jpg
and i have puffy paint it with the tulip 3d black puffy paint, i's not finished, i'm have command a lot of puffy paint, and now i'm waiting, i's not arrived.
I conseil Amazon for your command, in 2-3 days your command is here.
by ebay i have purchases all my article the last week and i'm still waiting.
the mask is too large for my head, so when the puffy paint is finished, i was resize the mask.

After that, i have purchase a pair go shoes, i don't take a asics dirt dog 3 because put 175 euros, to cut the shoes, it's impossible lol!

IMG_1561.jpg

when i saw the shoes, my first reaction is, i need this and i know what i need to do with.

IMG_1563.JPG

i have finally cut this one, and the result ( not finished yet ) but i'm happy of the result.

IMG_1569.jpg

with a blue pen, i have paint the white down, and like you can see, the choose is almost similar to the asics.

IMG_1567.jpg

finally, the last step is put the silver color !

for the suit i have buy on zentai zentai, the amazing spiderman with 3d shades, because, i'm very not good for the couture, and purchase a pattern file, and print to the lycra is for too hard..
so In first i have pay for the cycling suit, the look is very cool, but after reflection, is too flashy for an amazing suit, i want a dark color, for more realism.
IMG_1500.JPG
the cycling suit ( too flashy for me )

IMG_1544.PNG

the amazing spiderman suit with 3D shades.

whats your opinion enter the two suit?
i will give you some photos of my progress, and i'm very happy to sharing my project with you !
if you have any questions or conseils, it's for me a pleasure!

oh, i don't have any success... lol
today, my lenses are arrived.
before
IMG_1580.jpg
after
IMG_1589.jpg
After one hour
IMG_1594.jpg
on the mask
IMG_1602.jpg

And now, the shoes, so is really not finished again, i put on my shoes just one passage of paint, i will made two or three passage.
IMG_1600.jpg
IMG_1599.jpg
it's over for today! i'm waiting for the rest of the costume...
please guys, comment, give me your opinion, it's better for me, i feel lonely lol!
thank's !

Take you time bud, nothing is easy when your making a spidey suit. My opinion here about the bike suit; don't go with it. I have one myself that I use for riding, I bought the black one. It's OK but I don't think I would try to use it as a full costume. It's a bit cheesey. I like your shoes, I think cutting up expensive shoes when your on a budget is hard to do. Good luck with the build, I'll keep an eye on ya and help if I can. I'm new here as well....

Thank you for you replies !
I Will post a photos of my work progress, thank you, my shoes are finished just for 15 dollars !
I m very happy of the résult even if is not realy perfect !
I Will pass on your page to see your work after my job ;)
Thank´s bro!

hi !
i'm blocked because i don't receive my suit yet ...
So i'll post my shoes after varnishing!
IMG_0008_2.jpg

IMG_0007_2.jpg

do you like ? total 15 dollars for my shoes with paint and varnish.

And my lenses with varnish too.

IMG_0006_2.jpg
the really probleme before varnish my lenses, i put a black color mat, and now, there is a reflect on the lenses, like i want. ;)
it's over for today... i'm waiting for the true work, the suit, i m very impatient, and the time seems very very long when you wait...

hi !
today, i receive my puffy paint ( red ) and i have use this one on my mask for test, and i'm not really happy of the result, is too large, and i want to have a honeycomb effect
IMG_0009_2.jpg

is not my defitive mask i think, i have a lot of work on this mask ( resized it is the big work ) so i test my ideas on this mask, i try to use a needle for a better look, but it's not very concluding... so can you help me and give your ideas?
i think i need to retake my needed and put on the puffy paint for a good look of the honey comb.
thank you for your help

Hey dude just A Lil technique I used for my suit for the honeycombing is to imagine the pattern as A zigzag going horizontally then do maybe 3-5 lines then fill in the vertical lines it helped me make an even hole in every single honeycomb section just maybe try that because when I tried to do A full circle after full circle it came out the same as yours with an uneven finish just A thought for you : )

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

thank you mrjenzy ! i will try your idea soon, today my suit is arrived!
i have seen on Facebook how can i process, but for the red honeycomb, is the same thing?
IMG_0020.jpgIMG_0021.jpg
a big thank's to zentai zentai, well done for the work of the suit, and for the follow after the command!

the puffy paint get started !

IMG_0010.jpg

IMG_0013.jpg IMG_0014.jpg IMG_0015.jpg

IMG_0017.jpg IMG_0016.jpg

i just make the black line for now, but its very hard to do a good job!
for the blue piece, i think put black honeycomb on the blue, do you think it's better? After looking on the web, some people use only the red puffy paint for the red pieces, and black color for the blue, and i have seen many people use navy blue color
thank you

You right, i have seen today on the shop for art something who looks like the bottle!
Great idea ;)!
Thank you !
Post your opinion ! :)

hi, today thermal work start ! please give me your opinion and your ideas!
IMG_0022.jpg IMG_0029.jpg

my entire day for the puffy paint ... **** is really hard ...

IMG_0030.jpg
i'm very happy of the result ! if you have any idea for the hood, i take all your proposition because, i don't know how i can done...
i think take a cardboard plate to allonge the hood ... thank you bro !

Attachments

• IMG_0026.jpg
    IMG_0026.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 2,169
It is very hard and your hand probably hurts... and will hurt long after you are done painting....my guess for the mask is to do little sections let it dry do another section.... I will make a thread of my own soon but here is what my mask looks like not sewnunsewn.jpg,,,,sewed.sewn.jpgmy suit front IMG_2689.JPGit is easier to paint not put together i also used tips to make it more easy to draw and most people do not put boxes around the red... that took a lot of time for you to do also...but it looks good.

Salut mec, je vais t'écrire en anglais comme c'est la langue ici mais tu devrais comprendre sans trop de problème.

As I went through a lot of puff painting with my suit (over 6 month to cover the whole dman thing with 2 layers, yes 2 layers), I think I can give you some advice.
First, it's always easier to puf paint your suit while it's flat and have some tension.
But as your suit is already sewed, I would recommend you to make a dummy of your face using some duct tape (tu peux trouver ce genre de scotch pour pas trop chère à Leroy Merlin)
Here's how you can make it, but you'll need someone to help you.

First, cover your hair with a bathing cap to protect your hair. Then, wrap your whole head using saran wrap (cellophane).
Make sure to do some holes in front of your nose to breath. Two little holes are more than enough, juste relax and breath slowly.

1395535663-capture-d-ecran-2014-03-23-a-01-41-00.png

Then, repeat the same step using some duct tape.
In the end, it should look like this. Warning, the person helping you might take advantage of the situation. Try to stay calm, breath slowly and try not to laugh too much ;)

1395535661-capture-d-ecran-2014-03-23-a-01-41-05.png

Then, carefully cut the duct tape shell and close it back with more tape.
Fill it with some coton inside and you'll have a head a tiny bit smaller than your own head, but it will definitely help you with the puff painting part.

Another advice. Try to really take your time when puff painting your suit. I know it's exciting to see to see it the more and more advanced, but taking your time will definitely give you much cleaner result and a more machine like look.
Also, use some application tip like this, it will help you have a thinner line but as you already started, I would advice you to keep going the way you did, just for consistency (tu en trouvera à Cultura).

hennabottle.jpg

Here's what mine looked after a LOT of hours going through the same process as you.

1393359289-capture-d-ecran-2014-02-25-a-21-14-12.png

1395536491-capture-d-ecran-2014-03-23-a-02-00-40.png

1395536491-capture-d-ecran-2014-03-23-a-02-00-26.png

Bonne chance et bon courage ;)

Last edited:
Wow amazing work :eek: !
Thank you for your help my friends !
Mrbibou c'est excellent ton travail!
Je m'incline ;)
For my puffy paint i use something like your photo !
And your right, i want to go to fast is not good... But i m very impatient :p
Really thank you for your follows it's very ecxellent ! I cant wait more !

So the puffy paint you individually have to apply to each otogon? Im getting ready to order a suit and if I get a zenti suit sould I but a facemask or get a McLean? HELP!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back