Termokk P1 Legs - Completed

Thank you very much gentlemen. I have started the mold making process, and have some pictures to show of it. I first laid the sculpture down and pinned boards inside the legs to hold it up. Next i built up a wall around the sculpture with old wood scraps and covered them with black plastic to keep the clay clean. I built up the clay wall and got everything prepped to start bushing on ultracal. I should be starting that process tommarow so it will be done in just a few days.

DSCN2966.jpg

DSCN2972.jpg

Well the mold is done, its just waiting to be opened. I was going to bring it out into the sun and warm it up so the clay would be nice and soft, but we are having cold rainy weather. I should be able to open it this weekend and get some pictures of the finished mold.

You sure your not in england ;-) its the same here atm,if so, ill be round to try my legs on corey lol.
Good luck with the opening dude !

Thank you sir, i got the molds apart today and they came out looking good! They had some clay that decided to realy get stuck in the crotch and back of the legs but i am working on getting it all clean. I should be able to start casting very soon.

DSCN3000.jpg

I can only imagine the excitement once you finally get to this point. Looks to me like your hard work is paying off big time Corey. I'm looking forward to seeing your first pull.

Brian

Very nice indeed...your workmanship continues to impress sir. Very fine to say the least. Great attention to detail. I am interested in seeing the final product as I am sure it will turn out as fantastic as the other things you have done. Keep up the great work Corey.

hey Corey, when you were laying the block supports for the clay wall, how do you prevent them from accidently knocking into the sculpture repeatedly as you build up the walls? All of the looses blocks look like a nightmare to me.
I ding my sculpts countless times when i try to make my walls.

Hey daman, the block walls i made were not touching the clay at all. SOmtimes i will bump them and make a little ding in the clay but for the most part they are free floating about a half inch from the clay everywhere.

Wow! Been away from the Lair for a bit and came back to see if Corey had started the legs. Wow! They look awesome! I will buy a pair as soon as they're ready mate! Nice work. My half completed pred is gonna love these!

Damn, I posted when these were first being sculpted and now I blink then they have been moulded - i need to pay more attention lol

Awesome work, looking forward to seeing the first pull bud

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back