Termokk P1 Legs - Completed

Termokk

Hello everyone, i finaly am getting started on the legs for my p1 suit. The first step in the process is to get my legs lifecasted up, so i have somthing to sculpt on. I ordered the supplies and took plaster bandage casts of my legs. It was an interesting process so far, i learned some things i did not know before. I learned that if you lock your knees for a long period of time you will black out lol. Here is the story - I got in all the supplies and got started. I vasalined up all my leg fur so i wouldent loose it all, and drew a dividing line down the side of my legs so i had a point of reference once the bandages went on. Now not knowing that it had a negative effect i locked my knees and proceeded to stand there wile my girlfriend applied the bandages. After about 45 min i was getting very dizzy and light headed. We were just about done when i blacked out and woke up on the floor with the plaster bandages destroyed. Im very glad somone was there because my girl caught 205 pounds of me and slowed my decent to the floor so i wasent injured. Soooo... had to order more bandages and try again. Second time went off with no problems, just had to keep my knees bent a little lol. So at this point i have the lifecast done, and im painting fiberglass into the molds to produce my positive. In the next few days i should have the legs out and sanded and ready to start the sculpt. I have all the clay standing by, and i want to make this as fast as possible. Once the legs are done its just a few little pieces to have this suit done, so im excited to get to work on it. Thanks for looking and hopefully if you read all this you learned somthing too lol.

Here is the bandages being laid out and prep work being done.
DSCN2494.jpg

And here is the front of my lifecast getting fiberglassed.
DSCN2544_crop.jpg

Glad to see your finally getting around to doing this Corey!! Sorry to hear about your learning the "hard" way but am glad it worked itself out.

Looking forward to more progress pics.

sorry to hear you pass out.but very heart warming to know you and your girl are there for each other.looking forward to see this build.good luck mate.ps ...give ya girl a kiss and take her for a meal,for saving ya life lol.

Nice work so far mate,looking forward to seeing them painted,when you woke up from your pass out did you have a weird taste in your mouth??

Nice work so far mate,looking forward to seeing them painted,when you woke up from your pass out did you have a weird taste in your mouth??

Lol no i dont think so. Just releaved to have blood flowing to my brain again. Thanks for the comments guys!

glad your OK Corey that must of been one scary moment.

Looking AWSEOME!!! (y) Cant wait to see the clay slinging begin

great start corey,had my whole body casted last year and it was a very hard stand but well worth it! i now have my whole body to sculpt on to!will be starting a full whole p2 suit after summer hols!!keep up the great work!

Though scary, kind of a funny story. Glad you're OK, brother! Looking forward to seeing you put the halves together.

On a side note, Daman, you do realize you're about to receive a **** TON of PM's regarding plaster bandages, right? I'll go ahead and forward you my address and you can send me your PayPal info for the shipping...

I'm glad you are well, these stories sometimes seem funny but it's pretty scary looking foward to your build!!!

Well i got the sides put together, now its a process of cleaning it up and making some slight corrections. The back part of the legs flared out a little bit from being laid back down onto the floor, so the seam has a little gap. I have been mixing epoxy putty and filling it, and forcing things into place with clamps. Other than the seams everything came out great and is going smoothly. I hope to get the rest of the seams fixed in the next few days so i can start the sculpture. Thanks for looking and thanks for all the comments!

DSCN2591_crop.jpg

DSCN2592_crop.jpg

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back