Done / Completed Tenth Doctor Who David Tennant Sonic Screwdriver Replica Kit

Okay guys, its been a while. But progress has been made! Since interest hasn't been as large as I would have liked. I have 10 sonics to sell. Each is priced at £250. Shipping to the UK will be £10, and shipping to the US will be £20. Any other countries will have to give me their address so I can calculate shipping prices for them. Currently I don't have electronics made, although I'm still working on them. If I gain enough interest for them I will speed up my work on them.

As for the sonic, I have completely revised the design. Most parts thread together, with minimal gluing required. I have also made the ridges more accurate and have made the teeth fit perfectly.

Please feel free to ask me any questions here! Sonics will be first come first serve!
Please put me down for one!... We have a PM thread already, if we could use that? :)

Sybernettik your sonic looks great!!

There was a run of the Aztec fixed-button sonic model started by Bluebox303 that Kursosawa was helping with, but there hasn't been movement on it in since about August 2019. Kursosawa had posted a picture of amazing crackle handle prototypes.

I wonder if you all could join forces, and, with Kursosawa's crackle handles, and the other pieces from this Sybernettik run, and any other plans that Bluebox303 had put together, and be able to offer 98% or more accurate Aztec fixed-button replicas, and even the wide-slider versions too?

Might be able to get away with figuring out the lights and sounds once which would work on all 3 styles.

Linking again to the amazing 9th/10th sonic history compiled by Terrasolo that andttr posted on the first page. Page 32 shows the 7 versions of the sonic. The Aztec appears to be the general base for four, and the final 3 are what Sybernettik has so beautifully replicated here.

I'm obliged to link terrasolo's brilliant summary of the various RTD era screwdrivers for those curious about all of the differences: The RTD Era Sonic Screwdriver: A Compiled History

EDIT: fixed hyperlinks to Bluebox303 and Kursosawa

Last edited:
Sybernettik your sonic looks great!!

There was a run of the Aztec fixed-button sonic model started by Bluebox303 that Kursosawa was helping with, but there hasn't been movement on it in since about August 2019. Kursosawa had posted a picture of amazing crackle handle prototypes.

I wonder if you all could join forces, and, with Kursosawa's crackle handles, and the other pieces from this Sybernettik run, and any other plans that Bluebox303 had put together, and be able to offer 98% or more accurate Aztec fixed-button replicas, and even the wide-slider versions too?

Might be able to get away with figuring out the lights and sounds once which would work on all 3 styles.

Linking again to the amazing 9th/10th sonic history compiled by Terrasolo that andttr posted on the first page. Page 32 shows the 7 versions of the sonic. The Aztec appears to be the general base for four, and the final 3 are what Sybernettik has so beautifully replicated here.

Thank you!
In order to do something like that, the parts that would be compatible from mine are the emitter, neck and acrylic tube. As long as the teeth on my emitter fit their collar, then the collar, handle, tail and end cap of Bluebox303/Kursosawa's sonic should be enough to complete an Aztec sonic. However, say for example the tail/collar isn't yet completed, I would have to come up with one that fit's both their handle, and my own end cap/emitter. If that makes sense.

In the worst case scenario, it's possible something like milliput could be used to fill the slider channel of my handle, and an aztec could be created from that, although the ridges and tail would be inaccurate.

Indeed, parts like the emitter and collar were the same parts the whole way through the RTD sonic era, so the accuracy of mine based on those remains constant :)

Last edited:
Hello again everybody! I've now started crackle painting. I'm offering the additional crackle for £20. I'm also nearly done with electronics. So soon as can sell a fully completed sonic!

Images below of my crackle painted sonic!

Attachments

• 20201120_194744.jpg
    20201120_194744.jpg
    887.6 KB · Views: 407
  • 20201120_195343.jpg
    20201120_195343.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 405
  • 20201120_195407.jpg
    20201120_195407.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 350
  • 20201120_220807.jpg
    20201120_220807.jpg
    935 KB · Views: 342
  • 20201120_220823.jpg
    20201120_220823.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 337
  • 20201120_194642.jpg
    20201120_194642.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 358
  • 20201120_192555.jpg
    20201120_192555.jpg
    945.7 KB · Views: 426
Okay guys, its been a while. But progress has been made! Since interest hasn't been as large as I would have liked. I have a small amount of sonics to sell (I am selling through another platform too, so I can't say for sure how many I have to offer here, but I have in the ballpark of 10 left). Each is priced at £250. Shipping to the UK will be £10, and shipping to the US will be £20. Any other countries will have to give me their address so I can calculate shipping prices for them. Currently I don't have electronics made, although I'm still working on them. If I gain enough interest for them I will speed up my work on them.

As for the sonic, I have completely revised the design. Most parts thread together, with minimal gluing required. I have also made the ridges more accurate and have made the teeth fit perfectly.

Please feel free to ask me any questions here! Sonics will be first come first serve!

Edit:
Be sure to check out the assembly video!
Do you happen to have any of these still available? I’d love to get one

Okay guys, its been a while. But progress has been made! Since interest hasn't been as large as I would have liked. I have a small amount of sonics to sell (I am selling through another platform too, so I can't say for sure how many I have to offer here, but I have in the ballpark of 10 left). Each is priced at £250. Shipping to the UK will be £10, and shipping to the US will be £20. Any other countries will have to give me their address so I can calculate shipping prices for them. Currently I don't have electronics made, although I'm still working on them. If I gain enough interest for them I will speed up my work on them.

Edit:
Be sure to check out the assembly video!
Still available?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back